julia's such an opinionated bit*h

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lot of people just seem to be waiting for Julia to say something wrong. I cannot understand why so many people care what she says. She could say she was a small, medium or large for all I care. She could laugh at my name or any member of my family's name. It wouldn't matter. She is a lady on my telly and if she says something I don't like I turn her off.

Good question PPC. Maybe because Julia can't answer for herself or maybe I am bewildered at the constant Julia bashing. I feel the same when any of the presenters are given a hard time on here. Be it JF or Anne Dawson and even Craig.
Of course we are entitled to our own opinions about them and we like some better than others and should be free to have our say but sometimes constant digs about a presenters shoes or hair or going on and on about what they said just prompts me to have my say.

Good question PPC. Maybe because Julia can't answer for herself or maybe I am bewildered at the constant Julia bashing. I feel the same when any of the presenters are given a hard time on here. Be it JF or Anne Dawson and even Craig.
Of course we are entitled to our own opinions about them and we like some better than others and should be free to have our say but sometimes constant digs about a presenters shoes or hair or going on and on about what they said just prompts me to have my say.

Yes, she does get a bashing..but I wouldn't call it constant. Personally I think she looks good for her age, and like most mortals she looks better on some days than on others. BUT come on, she does seem to "invite" unfavourable comments at times, normally from the things she says rather than anything else. ie, I'm wearing a small, when it's quite evident that a size medium may be slightly more flattering, and occassionally (the subject of this thread) she says something that will insult the viewers. Young Luna's parents equally haven't been able to answer for themselves have they?

Last edited:
julia roberts makes a teensy weensy comment about some unknown sprog with a daft name out of thousands of uncontroversial hours of live tv and she's super-bitch.

compare this with the venomous bile thats spilled forth from ther fingers of numerous posters here (including me) and all i can say is "know thyself".

julia roberts makes a teensy weensy comment about some unknown sprog with a daft name out of thousands of uncontroversial hours of live tv and she's super-bitch.

compare this with the venomous bile thats spilled forth from ther fingers of numerous posters here (including me) and all i can say is "know thyself".

I think I love you BB.:heart:

Yes good point well made BB.

BUT the difference is we don't stand in front of millions on TV saying it. I think without a doubt she will have had her kuckles well & truly rapped over that.

Yes good point well made BB.

BUT the difference is we don't stand in front of millions on TV saying it. I think without a doubt she will have had her kuckles well & truly rapped over that.

I am not sure millions of people watch JR, but you are saying these things on a public forum. I can't see the difference.

A lot of people just seem to be waiting for Julia to say something wrong. I cannot understand why so many people care what she says. She could say she was a small, medium or large for all I care. She could laugh at my name or any member of my family's name. It wouldn't matter. She is a lady on my telly and if she says something I don't like I turn her off.

:clapping: The meaness and opinionated b...ness in the JR threads could give Julia a run for her money. Practise what you preach.

BUT the difference is we don't stand in front of millions on TV saying it.

Including the smirking grimace to the camera, as if everyone will be agreeing with her, which has proved categorically we don't.

I do. Maybe other who are not on this forum do as well. We are only a minority of viewers so w do not know if other people agree with her or not.

Well strangely enough I work with two people who know nothing about this forum (it's my dirty little secret lol) and so couldn't be influenced by the comments on here, but they do watch QVC and in conversation about the various presenters they both said they couldn't stand JR because of her mannerisms and the fact that she comes across as being either condescending or patronising depending on who she is talking to. That's just a miniscule random example but I'm sure it's indicative of how many more feel about her. I do accept though that her behaviour has worsened in the last couple of years, maybe it's a sign of her getting older and feeling that she has to assert herself as Queen Bee before someone younger and more attractive takes her place. Whatever it is it's not very pleasant to watch now.

I do. Maybe other who are not on this forum do as well. We are only a minority of viewers so w do not know if other people agree with her or not.

I really don't think this is the point here,it was her lack of tact that got me. I wonder if the presenter's mate was watching? Tact is the key. I don't suppose if she asked somebody what their baby was called, and they came out with something she didn't approve of she'd say "poor little mite", "you should have given that a bit more thought", so why is it ok to say it on tv? and extra tactless I thought cause a friend of the child in question's mother was standing right beside her.

Its just not the thing to do on any occasion really whether you are JR on TV or on a one to one basis. Its extremely rude whatever. We are all different. I can remember many many moons ago being in an antenatal class & on of the mothers said if her baby was a boy they were calling it Zeebeedee. No one said a word but the urge to say ''BOING '' was overwhelming.

My friends grandson is called Tiger.:confused: I have never said a word. Its just not done.( I'm safe. She dosen't have internet ).

I think all have silent reactions to peoples names.This september I have a child in my class that has a play on a celebrity name.Its the most unusual name,but I do not bat an eyelid to that child's mother or my colleagues - I'm just gobsmacked that JR would do this a) outloud and in public and b) on live television.

If she really believes that "parents don't think......they just don't think"....................why doesn't she pipe up to Leighton D........why did your mother give you that name? At least he's old enough and there in person to answer......

Latest posts

Back