Just when I thought things couldn’t get worse!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I worked in many retail outlets while at uni and we got free items so we knew how to sell them and staff get staff discounts. I don't mind its a perk of the job always has been

I worked in many retail outlets while at uni and we got free items so we knew how to sell them and staff get staff discounts. I don't mind its a perk of the job always has been
I fully understand what you have described, it happens in some retail situations and it is understandable. What we are witnessing on QVC is on a completely different scale. Some here will agree that it is out of control and excessive to say the least.

As for the unwrapping and showing each item on video. That is how the influencers do it, show the packaging talk about it, then open and show each item and if they happen to be in their own boxes repeat before opening those. All on youtube.
Going by some of the posts on the community section of Q's FB page you'll be damned lucky if the box hasn't been trodden on, left out in the rain, or leaking its contents everywhere!

If the presenters want to become influencers then they should say goodbye and go off and do that and let professional salespeople come in to do the job of selling products and not themselves. They work on a shopping channel but trying to overlap both to get freebies and their employers are happy to go along with this. Let’s face it think of each presenter, which one would get an audience as an influencer? I think we all know the answer to that. They are using the large QVC audience for their own means and to draw in vulnerable people. They know exactly who the type of people are who write to them telling them how attractive they are, how happy they are to see them enjoying their QVC samples. They know and they encourage it all for their gain. Recently I read someone writing to Debbie Flint thanking her for taking the time in her busy life to write her lovely blogs. DF has also thanked people for her Christmas cards and encouraged others to enclose a stamped addressed envelope and she will send them a card too. As an aside, judging from her vlogs that super new flat is resembling a QVC warehouse.

WHAT ?????

WHAT ?????
I know!!!!! I'm not knocking her for asking for the postage if there's enough stupid people who'd want a card from her as it would cost a small fortune BUT I am knocking her for making the suggestion in the first place. She's received umpteen cards from people she doesn't know from Adam, but they probably think they know her a bit 'cause they've seen her on Q and they've read her blogs, so fair enough (sort of). She'll be sending you a card, 'cause you've asked her to, she doesn't know you from Adam, she doesn't care about you and that's not what Christmas cards are about anyway - They're sent between family and friends, colleagues or sent to people you've not seen for ages, basicially to let them know you're still alive! So basically you're paying for her autograph...sad sad sad! Saying a simple thank you to everybody who's sent me Christmas cards..I really appreciate it, would make more sense and make her come across as a slightly less conceited cow!

Just checked. Stamped addressed envelope. She thanks people for sending her cards, then particularly thanks people who have enclosed a Stamped addressed envelope and then says if others want to do the same she will send them a card back. Goes on to give her Chiswick address. Also her last week’s Thursday night Bants was removed because she sang along to an original sound track of a George Michael song. All this while she shows us her Alison Cork lit up ornament, Alison Cork tree, decorated with Alison Cork Peacock feathers as she wipes her camera lens with her green Cuddl Duds Cardigan. Later on you see her brilliant Ninja.

Last edited:
If the presenters want to become influencers then they should say goodbye and go off and do that and let professional salespeople come in to do the job of selling products and not themselves. They work on a shopping channel but trying to overlap both to get freebies and their employers are happy to go along with this. Let’s face it think of each presenter, which one would get an audience as an influencer? I think we all know the answer to that. They are using the large QVC audience for their own means and to draw in vulnerable people. They know exactly who the type of people are who write to them telling them how attractive they are, how happy they are to see them enjoying their QVC samples. They know and they encourage it all for their gain. Recently I read someone writing to Debbie Flint thanking her for taking the time in her busy life to write her lovely blogs. DF has also thanked people for her Christmas cards and encouraged others to enclose a stamped addressed envelope and she will send them a card too. As an aside, judging from her vlogs that super new flat is resembling a QVC warehouse.

Send a SAE!!!!!!

I might as well send myself a card. For goodness sake. I've read some stuff but that goes straight in the top three. I need to lie down. Oh dear..... 🙄🙄🙄

Were you ever given a £400 Dyson, £1000 telly, £500 Kitchenaid or £300 pan set? The odd freebie is ok, but every single presenter getting every single thing that’s on air (not the tat though, they wouldn’t want the tat) then to gloat about it, in my opinion is just not on and quite crass.

Just checked. Stamped addressed envelope. She thanks people for sending her cards, then particularly thanks people who have enclosed a Stamped addressed envelope and then says if others want to do the same she will send them a card back. Goes on to give her Chiswick address. ...... Later on you see her brilliant Ninja.
I didn’t think they were that sort of vlog!

But, it is QVC you are pushing them or making it part of the job description to influence people to buy. Don't do it and well no freebies. Shock horror no freebie not happening.
Well, for some of us it’s having the opposite effect. The Freebie Effect for me and others means no purchasing. I should add I have been a good customer but it’s easy to go elsewhere!
Anyway, I am off to post my stamped self addressed envelope to Debbie Flint for my Christmas card. Can’t miss out.

I've worked in many retail environments for 50 years selling all manner of things and it's usual to get staff discount but in all that time I can't recall ever getting something free, obviously I've been working in the wrong places :D

I've worked in many retail environments for 50 years selling all manner of things and it's usual to get staff discount but in all that time I can't recall ever getting something free, obviously I've been working in the wrong places :D
One of my daughters used to work in a high end store, absolutely no freebies, discount yes, but some designer brands only gave discount to their own staff, not all store employees. The discount was 'policed' and some managers and staff have been sacked for mis-use of discounts or selling on items. If DF is aspiring to be a Z list celeb, then what on earth is she doing giving out her address! I'm imagining that her Christmas card will be a photo of her!! How ridiculous, I'm sure the presenters are all self-employed, so why not put the postage through as a business expense and please your silly following !

Latest posts

Back