Just when I thought things couldn’t get worse!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The was an incident a few years back, about 2014-ish. A Q customer claimed terminal illness. Long story short it was a con. But by the time it came out many gifts had been sent from Q towers and lots of cards signed by presenters.

I'm surprised that sending Christmas cards and stuff hadn't been banned. But then.... Not all staff follow the guidelines of certain things. (Auction prizes just as a example!!!!)

They will find a way round it. Samples. That’s how they justify equipping ones house with bedding, expensive electrical goods, mattresses, decorative items, TVs, Dyson hair products, Dyson fans, Le Creuset/ numerous examples of kitchen ware, expensive candles, mirrors, beauty products, wardrobes full of clothing and footwear, chocolates, biscuits, meat, pies etc. I could go on and on. To make it easy look at Craig Rowe’s and Debbie Flint’s blogs/vlogs. They are all receiving but these 2 in particular revel in showing off, others are more discreet. In any case they will say they are samples. Yes, nearly every female presenter being given a coat, or them equipping their homes with all manner of things helps me when I am looking to buy. The presenters at the receiving end are the only beneficiaries as far as I can see. This often amounts to several hundreds of £££ in short periods of time. Of course, I could be wrong in having these views. The receiving of samples might be essential to ensure successful sales, presenters do not benefit and it is a downside of the job that they have to put up with all these samples in their homes. Yes, I could be wrong, in which case I apologise and stand corrected in that I can’t see how it helps me that they have all these things at home. I must try harder and find a way to see it really is for my benefit.

Don’t start me again on craftily encouraging people to send Christmas cards. Perhaps even lonely, vulnerable people but you must admit it looks good for a presenter if they receive sackful of cards. Nothing like being popular is there?

They will find a way round it. Samples. That’s how they justify equipping ones house with bedding, expensive electrical goods, mattresses, decorative items, TVs, Dyson hair products, Dyson fans, Le Creuset/ numerous examples of kitchen ware, expensive candles, mirrors, beauty products, wardrobes full of clothing and footwear, chocolates, biscuits, meat, pies etc. I could go on and on. To make it easy look at Craig Rowe’s and Debbie Flint’s blogs/vlogs. They are all receiving but these 2 in particular revel in showing off, others are more discreet. In any case they will say they are samples. Yes, nearly every female presenter being given a coat, or them equipping their homes with all manner of things helps me when I am looking to buy. The presenters at the receiving end are the only beneficiaries as far as I can see. This often amounts to several hundreds of £££ in short periods of time. Of course, I could be wrong in having these views. The receiving of samples might be essential to ensure successful sales, presenters do not benefit and it is a downside of the job that they have to put up with all these samples in their homes. Yes, I could be wrong, in which case I apologise and stand corrected in that I can’t see how it helps me that they have all these things at home. I must try harder and find a way to see it really is for my benefit.

Don’t start me again on craftily encouraging people to send Christmas cards. Perhaps even lonely, vulnerable people but you must admit it looks good for a presenter if they receive sackful of cards. Nothing like being popular is there?
If they want to persuade us that they're not getting stuff for nothing, then calling them "samples" doesn't cut it. If what Craig pointlessly got given in the way of Molton Brown/Liz Earle then he should be opening a bag or box full of sachets and small vials - Not what the customer will be paying for - The on air demos will show all that. As for the likes of Dyson and items of clothing...a sample isn't possible - it's all or nothing..and I'd rather it was nothing because Debbie Flint having a dyson hairdryer will help nobody but Debbie Flint. Her telling us that she loves it helps nobody either, because even if in her honest opinion it's no better than the Babyliss she paid £26 for..she'd not tell us that would she? Get a grip QVC and stop alienating your customers, 'cause to me you have comtempt for them!

Debbie couldn’t persuade me to buy anything, not even a Dyson, which I’m sick to death of seeing on QVC every day. My hairdryer blew up last night - dreadful smell, the inside was glowing and sparks were coming out of the end. 😳

Have I replaced it with a Dyson? Absolutely not! I ordered a Babyliss one from Amazon last night which has excellent reviews and which was also half price, and it was delivered this morning with free P&P.

So stick that in your pipe, Mr. Dyson, Debbie and QVC. 😉

My children bought it for me a while back. I obviously wouldn’t say anything but it was an awful lot of money for a hairdryer that is no different to any other hairdryer I have had.
yeah i think the same , its a gift from me and the kids so rather than getting 3 we just got this from us all , she has been banging on about one for years, she might finally shut up about it then !

I can't stand Debbie flint. I liked her when she first started at qvc. Since she has returned I just can't watch her. Send a SAE I am not that desperate for a Christmas card off her. She thinks she is a celeb
I know! Who does she think she is? She's not even a "Z" lister. I'd be surprised if she'd even bother to write the recipient's name inside the card. I'm sure some eejits will just address their envelopes with eg Mrs A. Brown so she'd not have a clue anyway and she'd probably not bother writing Mrs Brown inside the card. Stop! wtf am I talking about? She's bought a pack of greetings cards from Poundland, pre stamped them with "Luv Debbie" X and bunged them in a pile for one of the minions to deal with. I suppose it would be a bit of a wheeze sending an SAE addressed to I'M Gullible - but then I guess that's pretty gullible in itself in that she won't even see it, let alone notice, and it will cost you 1 xmas card, 2 envelopes and 2 stamps. I think I'd rather spend my money on something more worthwhile like a bottle of toilet cleaner!

There are many ways to con people as to why they need goods! There are folk who think they can fool us and con us. Many high profile public people. Hmmmmm........need I say more.

There are many ways to con people as to why they need goods! There are folk who think they can fool us and con us. Many high profile public people. Hmmmmm........need I say more.

If I meet you in the local park you could bring your flask of "hot beverage", I'll bring mine and you can say lots more. So many people and topics sure to kerp us busy for a few hours. It will have to be your local park as that thing going around is crazy here and I'm not going out here.

So yes you need to say more, but only to meeeeee. 😉

Latest posts

Back