Karis collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diamond Diva

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the new Karis collection today?

I saw a little of it before going to work this morning and I wasn't impressed! TJC have always stated that they don't sell costume jewellery, only sell real gemstones with silver or gold, what I saw was base metal with bonded gold/platinum and immitation diamonds !

I know times are difficult but with this line they seem to have lost the plot! What does everyone think? :confused:

I added set of 3 rings without realising it was brass as base metal, e-mailed CS and they have taken it out of my basket.

I am disappointed, but peeps are buying so guess if they sell a lot this range is there to stay!

I hear what you're saying BB, but like you how many people actually realised what they were buying? We expect a high standard from TJC and are not used to them selling anything of this quality, it'll be interesting to see how many items are returned !

I haven't been tempted by anything for weeks and if this is anything to go by I don't think I'll be buying anything in the near future either !

I ordered a what looked like a really nice platinum bonded moonstone ring this morning, as it was under £10 not to bothered about base metal. Stacey was very evasive about resizing and as I can only wear size O on one finger not likely to buy anything else.

I thought it was one of the ugliest collections of jewellery I have ever seen! (my apologies to anyone who bought something, just not my taste) For some of the prices they were charging I do not know why the base metal was not silver. Silver is approximately 60p per gram, to have a base metal of white brass is just cheap and unnecessary.

I was shocked to see base metal - is silver really so damned expensive now that no-one can afford it??? Maybe I should sell my bling collection and buy a mansion!!!
I'm guessing QVC's "silver" jewellery is mainly big lumps of stone these days for the same reason - but I bet if I did want to sell mine it would be worth nothing at all still - fairly confusing!

I saw this collection. I was very surprised at seeing 'diamond? I don't think so' on TJC. Quite frankly, some of the prices for these bonded base metal pieces were practically the same as the SS/Platinum overlay(!) The designs weren't a great departure from the usual TJC fare so I wasn't tempted.

Real gemstones set in base metal...? rather like sewing gold buttons on to an acrylic jumper - what's the point.

I saw this collection. I was very surprised at seeing 'diamond? I don't think so' on TJC. Quite frankly, some of the prices for these bonded base metal pieces were practically the same as the SS/Platinum overlay(!) The designs weren't a great departure from the usual TJC fare so I wasn't tempted.

Real gemstones set in base metal...? rather like sewing gold buttons on to an acrylic jumper - what's the point.

My thoughts entirely Avid, I know we're all different, with different tastes and budgets but really, for a channel that prides it's self on 'we don't sell costume jewelley' and 'all we only use real gemstones' I was extremely disappointed, for me this is one step too far, but at least the credit card is safe!

This link tells you all about it. Graham posted it under Breaking News a few days ago.
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28132

I personally don't have an issue with this as they are totally up front about the range and it will allow people who can't afford the 'real thing' to have some pieces with genuine gemstones. I won't be buying anything but I'm sure many others will. Another sign of the times I'm afraid.

Silver is still selling at approx. £21.76 per ounce. Brass sells at approx. 5p per ounce. It is predicted that silver will rise in the next couple of years. Why is the Karis range on sale today. I think TJC is testing the water to see if we will buy jewellery made from a low cost base metal -white brass- before the price of silver goes up. The price of silver per gram is 60p. How many grams in a ring 2 or 3? some of the Karis necklaces were selling at £99.99. Some of the rings are £39.99 and most are made of white brass, some are made of copper.

Today there is no need to buy jewellery made of brass or copper and sold to you at the ridiculous prices that TJC were asking. You can see why they want us to buy the Karis range; the mark up is huge for them.

Also I do not think any jeweler is going to re-size a brass ring!

Silver is still selling at approx. £21.76 per ounce. Brass sells at approx. 5p per ounce. It is predicted that silver will rise in the next couple of years. Why is the Karis range on sale today. I think TJC is testing the water to see if we will buy jewellery made from a low cost base metal -white brass- before the price of silver goes up. The price of silver per gram is 60p. How many grams in a ring 2 or 3? some of the Karis necklaces were selling at £99.99. Some of the rings are £39.99 and most are made of white brass, some are made of copper.

Today there is no need to buy jewellery made of brass or copper and sold to you at the ridiculous prices that TJC were asking. You can see why they want us to buy the Karis range; the mark up is huge for them.

Quite true and brass rings makes me think of the ones you find on some curtain poles....:tongue:.
Even the description 'base metals' sounds a bit repugnant imho......could be mix of anything! :eek:

I agree with this sentiment. If TJC can sell base metal rings for the same price as a silver ones - and their customers are happy to buy at that price - it's a no brainer!

But I'm a purist; I like to buy costume jewellery with fake gems not real ones!

Cannot wear base metals so I will not be buying. Some of the designs are quite nice but no way would I buy anything from this collection. Hope its not on to often as recently there was several hours of it on TV and I just turned it off.

I can't get worked up about it either way. At least they are upfront about what they're selling, and it enables people to get a nice big real gemstone at a sensible price. I think it's fine if you want something sparkly to wear for a party or whatever.

Some of my favourite tjc stuff has been the cheaper stuff (silver)... eg. a ruby and tanzanite ring, cost £16, I LOVE it. I'm thinking of selling some of the more expensive items!

Latest posts

Back