Katherine Goldsmith

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is not the worst and I envy her hair!
Caught a few minutes of a clothes show with Charlie last night and I think he called the BA Miranda- well she certainly had been at the blue smarties + screeching like a banshee. Accents are one thing but I just can’t take screaming females in any form and TV seems to be full of them.

This doesn't surprise me, because after reading her profile on the QVC site, there doesn't appear to be much presenting experience.............................

"Ophelia is a city girl at heart born in London to Ghanaian parents. She’s all about positivity, fun and loves to talk! She has a background in the psychic world, as a presenter (although she’s not an actual psychic herself), and in entertainment interviewing celebrities. Ophelia loves fashion, beauty, and sparkle, but don’t let the pretty nails and lashes fool you as she has a black belt in kickboxing. "

Well, I'm a country girl at heart, born in Kent to Yorkshire parents. I'm all about honesty, with humour and good at listening. I have a background in dealing with the public, and interviewing prospective clients who want to sell their property. L..... is like a Magpie, sparkle sparkle sparkle, but the fashionable facade is just a front for her mastery of crafting ! she'll pin you down and stick a headband on you without you realising !

NOW can I have a job at QVC ?????

She is not the worst and I envy her hair!
Caught a few minutes of a clothes show with Charlie last night and I think he called the BA Miranda- well she certainly had been at the blue smarties + screeching like a banshee. Accents are one thing but I just can’t take screaming females in any form and TV seems to be full of them.
The new presenter, Victoria, can join the "shrieking brigade." Dreadful voice. Can you imagine how she'd sound having a heated argument with Miranda?

Someone posted that there was a rumour that Ophelia was leaving.
I hate to say this but I think she needs to for her own sake as much as for anybody else's. I liked her at first, I found her nervousness and the fact she was almost pinching herself to believe she'd got her dream job quite endearing. I do not feel like that any more, the excitement she talks about now, are just words coming out of her mouth because she clearly can't think of anything else to say. Nothing she says adds to the presentation, she basically repeats what the brand ambassador is saying, and doesn't seem to ask questions. Apart from reading out the item number and price, she has a repertoire of about 3 phrases "I'm excited about this, "I'm lovin' this" "You're lovin' this". Not only that I've frequently heard her making mistakes on air, giving out the wrong info, calling someone by the wrong name and having to be corrected. She has sloppy diction, comes out with peculiar turns of phrase eg, "touch of glamouresqueness" and despite telling everybody she's excited or super excited even she looks and sounds bored stiff. She's a presentable looking lass with youth on her side so I'm sure she'll find a job that suits her and that she's good at - Shopping telly presenter isn't it. If she goes I won't miss her, having said that good luck to her!

I hate to say this but I think she needs to for her own sake as much as for anybody else's. I liked her at first, I found her nervousness and the fact she was almost pinching herself to believe she'd got her dream job quite endearing. I do not feel like that any more, the excitement she talks about now, are just words coming out of her mouth because she clearly can't think of anything else to say. Nothing she says adds to the presentation, she basically repeats what the brand ambassador is saying, and doesn't seem to ask questions. Apart from reading out the item number and price, she has a repertoire of about 3 phrases "I'm excited about this, "I'm lovin' this" "You're lovin' this". Not only that I've frequently heard her making mistakes on air, giving out the wrong info, calling someone by the wrong name and having to be corrected. She has sloppy diction, comes out with peculiar turns of phrase eg, "touch of glamouresqueness" and despite telling everybody she's excited or super excited even she looks and sounds bored stiff. She's a presentable looking lass with youth on her side so I'm sure she'll find a job that suits her and that she's good at - Shopping telly presenter isn't it. If she goes I won't miss her, having said that good luck to her!
All the above, in a nutshell.

She did not have the enthusiasm in her voice when she used those words. Shame really:cautious:

I would say get rid of the lot and start over but each new intake has been worse than the last so now that they have scraped the bottom of the barrel there isn’t any lower to go is there?

Even those described as okish can’t be watched for more than the very odd 15 mins and the rest not at all. Add a banshee BA and it’s totally unwatchable

The models are also a raggedy taggedy bunch of motleys as well. Most don't know where to put themselves or how to stand. At least with the catwalk there was movement so they could spin around and walk back and forth, but now we just get a statue that grins with an assortment of bad hairstyles and even worse wigs.

Latest posts

Back