Kathy Taylor leaving QVC after 21 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Puffin....... "Jackie Joseph seems to have stepped back a bit as well but she does Money for Nothing and Homes under the Hammer now.

Homes Under The Hammer AS WELL ???? OH so adding to her cv now then ? as she says herself, she's a fashion designer, fashion stoilist, interior designer, upcycler, and what, now a property guru ? Clearly these multi tasking lot with fancy titles aren't making a living out of their numerous strings so they have to pimp themselves for a salary on the tele !!!! Makes you laugh.

A vaguely relevant post because - - - -

After 21 years of sleeping in a waterbed, someone is coming today to empty it.

So I hope he turns up, otherwise I will have nowhere to sleep tonight.

Emptying it is not as easy as I thought, otherwise I would have done it myself.

It weighs about 1 ton, literally.

The heater has packed up, and as a mattress has an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years, I am scrapping it before it bursts and I drown in my sleep. ;)

But having stripped the bed, the mattress looks in perfect condition.

Last edited:
A vaguely relevant post because - - - -

After 21 years of sleeping in a waterbed, someone is coming today to empty it.

So I hope he turns up, otherwise I will have nowhere to sleep tonight.

Emptying it is not as easy as I thought, otherwise I would have done it myself.

It weighs about 1 ton, literally.

The heater has packed up, and as a mattress has an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years, I am scrapping it before it bursts and I drown in my sleep. ;)

But having stripped the bed, the mattress looks in perfect condition.
This looks like the post which was seemingly missing on another thread.
I'm a little confused now.

Puffin....... "Jackie Joseph seems to have stepped back a bit as well but she does Money for Nothing and Homes under the Hammer now.

Homes Under The Hammer AS WELL ???? OH so adding to her cv now then ? as she says herself, she's a fashion designer, fashion stoilist, interior designer, upcycler, and what, now a property guru ? Clearly these multi tasking lot with fancy titles aren't making a living out of their numerous strings so they have to pimp themselves for a salary on the tele !!!! Makes you laugh.
She's one of two new presenters, the other one being Tommy'Ground Force'Walsh. I love HUTH, admire & envy those with the vision & skills to give these buildings new life & thought Lucy Alexander was lovely.

She's one of two new presenters, the other one being Tommy'Ground Force'Walsh. I love HUTH, admire & envy those with the vision & skills to give these buildings new life & thought Lucy Alexander was lovely.
Really miss Lucy - can’t stand the Scottish woman - she went to the same pointy wiggly finger school as Del Boy.

Im not keen on TW

Do you intend to get another?
I thought I'd replied but can't find it.

No, if I was younger I would, but I don't want to leave my heirs with the problem of emptying it, etc.

It is completely unmovable because of the weight (about 1 ton), and it has taken me days to find out how to empty it, including YouTube videos. I decided that I couldn't do it on my own, so had to pay for it, and even then they had to travel about 40 miles to get to me.

He used a special £200 pump for emptying (and filling) waterbeds.

I thought I'd replied but can't find it.

No, if I was younger I would, but I don't want to leave my heirs with the problem of emptying it, etc.

It is completely unmovable because of the weight (about 1 ton), and it has taken me days to find out how to empty it, including YouTube videos. I decided that I couldn't do it on my own, so had to pay for it, and even then they had to travel about 40 miles to get to me.

He used a special £200 pump for emptying (and filling) waterbeds.

What is he doing with the old water?

Down the loo

Oh. I just wondered. Is there a chemical in it or is it normal water?

I ask as we're on a meter so all our old water goes into the garden. Oddly enough, our plants look better with dishwater than tap water. Mr AE used to ask our old neighbour for her old hot tub water for the plants. I don't like to call him tight but...

Oh. I just wondered. Is there a chemical in it or is it normal water?

I ask as we're on a meter so all our old water goes into the garden. Oddly enough, our plants look better with dishwater than tap water. Mr AE used to ask our old neighbour for her old hot tub water for the plants. I don't like to call him tight but...
You have to add a special conditioner every 6 months to kill bacteria and keep the vinyl supple.

It actually smelt very nice as it was drained, even after 21 years.

You have to add a special conditioner every 6 months to kill bacteria and keep the vinyl supple.

It actually smelt very nice as it was drained, even after 21 years.

My sensible brain told me that there had to have been some kind of additive. I didn't think it would have been a six-monthly maintenance, though.

ETA: it'll be interesting to see if your electricity bill goes down, too (I'm too nosy for my own good, sorry).

My sensible brain told me that there had to have been some kind of additive. I didn't think it would have been a six-monthly maintenance, though.

ETA: it'll be interesting to see if your electricity bill goes down, too (I'm too nosy for my own good, sorry).
I had an energy monitor on it, but it was inaccessible until today, then I found it had failed, so I will never know how much it cost.

And last time I bought conditioner, it was about £5 a small bottle.

Latest posts

Back