Keeley from Elemis - How desperate??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Okay, so the Beauty Awards.

Liz Earle won - Liz Earle didn't turn up to collect the award.
Bare Escentuals won - SJ & the other woman didn't turn up.
OPI won - The woman (don't know her name), didn't turn up.
Gatineau won - Andrew turned up in the afternoon, didn't turn up at night. (On holiday).
L'Occitane won - Alexis didn't turn up.

However,
Elemis won nowt, and Keeley was hanging around QVC like flies round s**t!!

Never has an award show made me so warm & happy inside.

I have to say that comes across as a very spiteful post.

No doubt the guests for the show were booked well in advance of the results been known, and also no doubt some of the guests were not able to commit to appearing I am sure I heard one of the BE guests was going to a wedding and the other one was celebrating a birthday and they are just as entitled to holidays as anyone else. The guest for Liz Earle( the one who talks with her mouth closed) has been covering for the woman herself for some time now so not unexpected that she would bethere

Whatever your personal opinion of Keely she was just fulfilling a pre arranged appearance and let's be honest if she hadn't gone then there would be people saying she was sulking because Elemis hadn't won. Seems like a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't

Q really need to change the awards date to Autumn, when holiday season is over and usual guests, who appear all year, are available for their "moment," or not in the case of Elemis. Doesn't bother me, I love PCMC and will continue to buy it. But the awards do fall flat without AY sparring partners!

I have to say that comes across as a very spiteful post.

No doubt the guests for the show were booked well in advance of the results been known, and also no doubt some of the guests were not able to commit to appearing I am sure I heard one of the BE guests was going to a wedding and the other one was celebrating a birthday and they are just as entitled to holidays as anyone else. The guest for Liz Earle( the one who talks with her mouth closed) has been covering for the woman herself for some time now so not unexpected that she would bethere

Whatever your personal opinion of Keely she was just fulfilling a pre arranged appearance and let's be honest if she hadn't gone then there would be people saying she was sulking because Elemis hadn't won. Seems like a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't

Jesus wept, you try to make a joke..................................

Why bother?

I am sorry where is the joke or even the irony ? Even the title of the thread is spiteful .
Keely can be a pain but all she was doing was fulfilling an obligation to appear there is nothing"desperate" about that it's quite refreshing to see people take their obligations seriously regardless of wether you like them personally or not

the way keeley was begging for votes on her FB page WAS desperate. i'm glad she didnt win, i cant stand her.

the way keeley was begging for votes on her FB page WAS desperate. i'm glad she didnt win, i cant stand her.

You should see the sour grapes still coming from Keeley's mugs er i mean fans on the QVC FB page demanding to know why Liz Earle won over elemis!!

someone said it before liz earle is far more affordable and imo i can use liz earles stuff wheras elemis does not make me look beautifull just a spotty mess!

You won't get any argument from me on the Facebook thing, my point is to call someone desperate for appearing on a show which she had probably been booked for ages ago and when the brand hadn't won anything is spiteful.
The stupid awards are over for another year ( thank goodness!) and wether or not we agree with the winners is nether here nor there. What has emerged is that some people take the whole thing far too seriously and have just gone completely over the top either supporting a brand or knocking another, there are far more important things to get so hot under the collar about. It's a TV channel publicity stunt and I don't think it's healthy for people to be so evangelical one way or another.

I am sorry where is the joke or even the irony ? Even the title of the thread is spiteful .
Keely can be a pain but all she was doing was fulfilling an obligation to appear there is nothing"desperate" about that it's quite refreshing to see people take their obligations seriously regardless of wether you like them personally or not

Oh dear, here we go again!

I know over the past few days & weeks I've given Keeley bucket loads of stick but fair play to her for turning up yesterday despite Elemis's loss in the awards. Snooty mare Alexis Murdoch in my eyes couldn't even be arsed to turn up to collect 2 awards yesterday but could be bothered to turn up to present L'occitane shows today during which they showed the award-winning shea body cream and Alexis got her words muddled up over the catergory that the body cream was in. That shows you how much thanks we get from Alexis.

Haven't been on this forum for years. Originally joined in 2005 before all the multiple crashes. Anyway funny how things change - back then Keeley was universally loved - seems to have changed a bit!! Nice to be back though

personally i think the presentation for elemis products is to buy stacks of skincare and when one item disagrees with you keeley will suggest something else.
the pseudo science and overselling i find quite irksome imo!

I do not really get it, and did not watch it either, but why was Keeley there if she did not win anything?

i'm not keen on keely but she's acted with dignity since the results were announced, She's congratulated the winners, shown up to present her elemis show and frankly at the minute, she can't do right, for doing wrong.

I haven't been on this forum for long enough to know what Keeley has done so wrong to rub people up the wrong way but 'in my opinion' she is only doing what a lot of people in the beauty industry are doing - their job. There are other guest presenters on the Q that sell their products in much much harsher ways, there was a brand recently where the guest presenter went on and on and on about people having a 'turkey neck' but if you used their product it could help it, by the time she had finished every viewer would have had a complex if they had taken it seriously!

As we all know at the end of the day, these TV stations are outlets for selling things and if we don't like what we see on it we have the power at our fingertips to do something about it, it's on the remote control and is called an off button.

I shall now get down off my :mysmilie_365: box and carry on with my ironing!

Jesus wept, you try to make a joke..................................

Why bother?

Ricky, you've got to keep in mind, not everyone has a sense of humour! Seriously, though, I find that you do have to be careful what you post on all forum sites, as other posters can tend to take offence at the least little thing and, sometimes, be quite nasty towards you.
Still, it's all good. As long as it is not libellous, or against the law, you are well within your rights to post it.
N.B. Definition forum: a medium for public discussion!

Latest posts

Back