Keeley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
What's happened to Keeley ? she's let her hair grow and go grey. I don't think it flatters her, in fact it makes her look on the older side of middle aged. Personal opinion I know, but I preferred it in the tight curls she once sported.

I didn't see her but I did like her curls (on her). I will never ever let my hair go grey. Even if I'm 99 with dyed red hair lol, that will do for me.

CC
I wish I had the choice, when I started the Menopause I suddenly had an allergy to hair dye, no idea why. To be honest though I love the way my grey has come through & saves a lot of money & time.

I must admit Keeley looks better with her hair dyed. Her skin is flawless and she does have a young looking face. Shes her own shop front for her products but that comes at a price her hair looks nicer dyed.

I didn't see her but I did like her curls (on her). I will never ever let my hair go grey. Even if I'm 99 with dyed red hair lol, that will do for me.

CC
I’m with you there. And even if I did let mine go grey, I would have to put some kind of colour through it. When I had chemo and couldn’t dye it, the grey that came through was a horrible battleship grey, no silver or charcoal or white for me! I would have to change that. It just looked dreadful, so harsh.

I was born mousey brown, but in the 60's when home kit hair dyes hit the shops, I bought a brand called Bandbox - it was a spray, so I bought the blonde and from there I never looked back. I did once go to the hairdressers in the early80's to revert back, but no-one like me dark (and I needed to wear more make up), so it was back to being blonde. Now the grey is peeping through, its easy to put a silver blonde dye on it.

I'm a sceptic. I think that she definitely has curly hair but, whether it is blond or dark, she is wearing extensions. Same as Kelly| Hoppen. Keeley's skin looks nice, as well it should, but her cheeks are so much plumper than before. Maybe it's not just her cheeks, because we never see her standing up. Grey hair is ageing, but so what ?

A friend of mine grew out her colour when she was 64, and although she has nice thick hair and a lovely shade of grey, she undoubtedly looks older.

I started going grey at 18 and have gone from highlights, ‘streaks’ through to full head colouring, gradually going slightly lighter & warm. Now I’m 66 I wonder if I should just go grey gracefully.

A friend of mine grew out her colour when she was 64, and although she has nice thick hair and a lovely shade of grey, she undoubtedly looks older.

I started going grey at 18 and have gone from highlights, ‘streaks’ through to full head colouring, gradually going slightly lighter & warm. Now I’m 66 I wonder if I should just go grey gracefully.
I think go for it and see how it looks!

My mum has very thick, almost black hair and used to have it coloured - with a nice hint of purpley/red too - and during lockdown she decided to grow it out.

When she was working she said she wouldn’t consider it as she needed to look more youthful but she’s retired now and decided 69yo was old enough to go for it!

It was strange to see it at first but I like it now and it’s a nice mix of tones...

I’m early forties and am getting the old grey coming through - the only positive is they’re strong and thick hairs so hoping they’ll make my hair look more voluminous?!

I would be happy to go grey if I was going to be a nice silvery shade but I know it wouldn't be , so I trot along to the hairdressers every 5-6 weeks for a trim and a colour, but sometimes I think why do I bother as the greys seem to come through so quickly now, I am late 50s, my mum is in her eighties and has hardly any grey, and never colours it, I must take after my father, shame!

I have been grey for years and have never coloured it, in fact when I have asked hairdressers about a tint they have said No.I use blue products and people remark on the colour, I wonder if I have gone too far as I don’t want the blue rinse look! Hair that is a solid dark tint aka Julia Roberts is I think far more aging.I have seen people with a young trendy coloured hairstyle until they turn around and face tells a different story.

I had the pleasure of good old mousy brown hair as a child. As a young adult I tried various shades of blonde, red and brown (never black).
Finally settled on blonde highlights for several years. Then, went into the hairdresser one day when I was 50ish and asked her to take it Judi Dench short. That’s when I realised that I was more or less grey, a gorgeous silvery white grey and I loved it. Never coloured it since. Currently sporting a layered shaggy style.
I often have people ask if it’s my natural colour, ‘cos if it’s not they want to know what box it came from!
I use purple shampoo/conditioner.
Strangely enough I’ve had far more confidence since being grey than I ever had before.
I’m sure more ladies (and gents) have embraced their grey since lockdown as seem to be seeing more grey heads around.

I've been silvery white for as long as I remember.

In fact, I've gone back to childhood colour, as you can see if you linger on my posts and wait for the pictures to change.

I started going grey at 21... and have been colouring it since I was 15.
When I was having treatment for cancer I let the dye grow out. My hair is virtually white at the front and still dark brown at the back. I resumed colouring it 4 years after treatment to celebrate the end of a big project. It's been a magenta colour for most of the time since.
Some uncover that they are blondes at heart, even though not born with that colour. I am a magenta-haired person at heart. Let's see how long I keep it up, but maybe I will go pastel magenta as I get older.
We all should do what makes us happy.

I started colouring my hair in my mid 20s, my hair went a dark blond over the years. I stuck to natural blond shades as I was a real blond. I did once decide to go darked and bought dark blond my hair was a brown shade with hints of green. The hairdresser had to sort it out. A few years back I got my hair cut before colouring myself as usual and the front was a lovely silver, but the back was dark blond, and it looked weird to me. A friend who had gone grey she was ok as her hair was the same grey all over. She kept trying to push me to just leave it alone, so next hair cut I asked my hairdresser her thoughts? She said I was too young to go grey if I wanted to wait until I was in my 70s. So out came the hair dye, as my hair is short I can get two goes out of one box. I mix half in a bowl and use then next time mix the rest in the bottle in the box.

Magenta, May? Fantastic!!!! I’ve unleashed my inner blonde in recent years. Well better late than never. I was always a medium golden brown, then in the last few years I went to a light golden brown, then dark golden blonde. However, I am less bothered about the golden bit now and am venturing into dark ash blonde. I bought some other colours recently, preparing for another lockdown colour rush, because my particular shades aren’t often on the shelves. I tried straightforward dark blonde, 7.0, and to me it just looks brown! I was quite annoyed it got some compliments because it looks too dark to me. Still by the end of the 6-8 weeks it will be a lot fairer.

I've been silvery white for as long as I remember.

In fact, I've gone back to childhood colour, as you can see if you linger on my posts and wait for the pictures to change.
Here's another pic, I thought it was one of the pics below, but it isn't.

YoungmeonswingCROPJPG-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back