Phase Eight TSV 02/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I saw Carla just recently but it might have been a recording. I've nothing against Jenny but Carla is a better presenter IMO and as she was on a lot in the past I wonder why she's been shelved.

As for the badges, it makes my eyes roll these days when people just have to be seen to be "doing the right thing" supporting causes they don't even know what they are for or why they are supporting them, doing it because everyone else is and social media says it is right. I worked with a guy for years and I didn't even know he was gay (why would I?) and then one day he said something and I just laughed (because I'd probably said something totally inappropriate in the past) and he said so what, no one's business but also acknowledged that lots of LGBT people want everyone to know their business so it's all out there.

I'm all for equality for everyone but equality has to mean everyone, even if they are not a diversity. Probably the wrong word but you know what I mean.

CC

I think I'll drop Q a line asking if they would care to promote the Retired Greyhound Trust, the Cats Protection League, Adopt a Sea Turtle, or the World Parrott Trust, seeing how they're taking up arms for various minority groups and Trusts !

Did they have a Breast Cancer Evening last year like they normally do ? or has this LGBGTQWERTY now replaced it I wonder.

I think I'll drop Q a line asking if they would care to promote the Retired Greyhound Trust, the Cats Protection League, Adopt a Sea Turtle, or the World Parrott Trust, seeing how they're taking up arms for various minority groups and Trusts !

Did they have a Breast Cancer Evening last year like they normally do ? or has this LGBGTQWERTY now replaced it I wonder.
They don’t seem to make such a fuss about breast cancer now as they used to. Probably not diverse or on trend enough to promote any more.

I think I saw Carla just recently but it might have been a recording. I've nothing against Jenny but Carla is a better presenter IMO and as she was on a lot in the past I wonder why she's been shelved.

As for the badges, it makes my eyes roll these days when people just have to be seen to be "doing the right thing" supporting causes they don't even know what they are for or why they are supporting them, doing it because everyone else is and social media says it is right. I worked with a guy for years and I didn't even know he was gay (why would I?) and then one day he said something and I just laughed (because I'd probably said something totally inappropriate in the past) and he said so what, no one's business but also acknowledged that lots of LGBT people want everyone to know their business so it's all out there.

I'm all for equality for everyone but equality has to mean everyone, even if they are not a diversity. Probably the wrong word but you know what I mean.

CC
Many people like to tell all then demand their privacy with a side order of special treatment because of their 'status', PH & vegans, to a lesser extent, come to mind. As for Carla her life's been really difficult since her mum died & it took some time for her to recover from a fall on holiday so if she wasn't always available. Consequently, I can imagine the Q would replace her quickly, they have no loyalty to those who are freelance & there are quite a number of these random people who support the tat peddlers. In my opinion with the exception of the girl with short brushed forward hair Carla is the best.

I've written many times about the school I worked in until retiring in 2017;we had a strict dress code for staff & the school uniform was only available from one company, we could wear poppies but no other charity or pressure group badges. However, the local authority paid for a someone to work in sixth forms to promote various well meaning projects & he tried to introduce the wearing of coloured ribbons, apparently the refusal was charming & the matter was never mentioned again.

Another vote for Carla here. There's absolutely nothing to object about her, she's professional, pleasant, attractive, gives the right information - why dump her for other younger, trendier, faceless, self-aware brand ambassadors?

Latest posts

Back