Kim & Co TSV 21/01/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was sucked in years ago by trousers that were silky slinky..... ergo poly/elastene and no matter what I wore them with they were far from 'smart' or 'on trend' or fitted right. They were just how ultra thin fabric looks - clingy and cheap looking. Only a size 10 with legs like a sparrow look half reasonable in them - anyone with more than sturdy legs should steer well clear. IW have been doing similar for years and at 2 pairs for £20 !!!! (ok, with no stripe).
Yes, but only when they're brand new. I had a pair of the trousers formerly known as $h*t -catchers or Harem pants a few years ago. They were in that ultra thin poly/elastin fabric. I wore them a few times and they were really comfortable, and being black went with everything. I put them through the recommended wash cycle and they came out looking like a rag. I ironed them using the recommended setting, but there was so many twists and turns in the material, that despite my best efforts they ended up looking like a slightly less creased dish rag. After that, they never hung right, the legs used to twist round, which would've been worse had they got a stripe piped down the side, the pocket bags went all lumpy, and the static they created was nobody's business. I think I bought mine from IW so they were cheap enough to put down to experience!
In regards to these, I've just watched the presentation - and why for the love of God have they been teamed up with pointy ankle boots, Cuban heels and leather loafers? They look ridiculous. Finally I wouldn't call the brown ones "Cappuccino" - You can't polish a turd!

Maybe it’s me but found it unfair quite a few of the presenters prior to the launch were happy to wear the Kim & Co joggers but actually don’t do either the 9pm or midnight launch.
No that was left for Catherine in her maternity dress perched on a stool on her last shift before finishing on maternity leave with just a month to go, before her baby is due.
It was nice that Jill appeared at the start of the 9pm hour to wish her well but a shame she finished at 1pm with non of the other presenters around.
Anyway wishing Catherine and her family all the very best.
It would seem baby is due towards the end of February and Catherine said she should be back at QVC towards the end of the summer.

Maybe it’s me but found it unfair quite a few of the presenters prior to the launch were happy to wear the Kim & Co joggers but actually don’t do either the 9pm or midnight launch.
No that was left for Catherine in her maternity dress perched on a stool on her last shift before finishing on maternity leave with just a month to go, before her baby is due.
It was nice that Jill appeared at the start of the 9pm hour to wish her well but a shame she finished at 1pm with non of the other presenters around.
Anyway wishing Catherine and her family all the very best.
It would seem baby is due towards the end of February and Catherine said she should be back at QVC towards the end of the summer.
I like Catherine will miss her.

Those trousers with the stripes down the side, what are the stripes for? Are they go-faster stripes, or is is the lucky double bird poo streaks look? Looks like road markings, no over-taking and in my case it might be a warning to signify wide load approaching. On my size, it doesn;t look sporty! :)

All these Athleisure, Luxleisure (I've just noticed - its only taken me 70 odd years), but the word 'leisure' is spelt with ei - and I always abide with the i before e except after C method of spelling. :oops:, it could also be after L !!

I digress, athleisure, luxleisure, whatever, and particularly with a 'stripe' reminds me of the 80's shell suits and Jimmy Saville. So I'm not a fan.

Those trousers with the stripes down the side, what are the stripes for? Are they go-faster stripes, or is is the lucky double bird poo streaks look? Looks like road markings, no over-taking and in my case it might be a warning to signify wide load approaching. On my size, it doesn;t look sporty! :)
The stripe is minuscule more like piping than a sporty stripe and dont get me on the price and the silly postage cost.

Ballerina, I'm sure you're doing yourself a serious mis service. We are what we are and we love you here no matter what.

CC

I noticed Tu did have a number of loungewear, jogger etc bottoms in their sale?

The other place which my mum has shopped at - esp in sale! - is “Thought”...

They do organic cotton, lot of bamboo and lots of yoga and leisure type bottoms (as well as dresses etc - all mostly jersey I think?)

She’s a 16/18 and the bottoms she’s bought look good on, at least as casual wear.

She kindly offered to buy me some of their wellness type trousers but I decided it wasn’t worth bothering with my inside leg! (I’m tall, she isn’t!)

Think they still have a sale on atm....
Free post over £40.

PS. Other place I was going to mention, although they don’t seem to do too many bottoms, is Lily & Me.

I haven’t shopped with them so can’t speak to customer service etc but the tops and jackets remind a bit of cotton and co with a hint of Seasalt!

Again looking at sale..!

And a lot of it is modelled by QVC model Sally and another model whose name escapes me ATM!

PS. Other place I was going to mention, although they don’t seem to do too many bottoms, is Lily & Me.

I haven’t shopped with them so can’t speak to customer service etc but the tops and jackets remind a bit of cotton and co with a hint of Seasalt!

Again looking at sale..!

And a lot of it is modelled by QVC model Sally and another model whose name escapes me ATM!

Very Seasalt looking. I bought a M&S Autograph wool mix jumpers chunky knits for £19.00 in the sale from £70.00. And some other long chunky wool mix jumpers for around £10. Superb quality

Latest posts

Back