Kim & Co TSV 23/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lets hope its not reversible/worn upside down/ or back to front ! 'Deluxe' is such an over-used description that could still mean cheap or doesn't fit properly. I've only enjoyed one pair of Kimmy's trousers - black crepe wide palazzos, which she only did in black and navy, which I find odd she didn't expand to other colours as they were very popular.

So many so-called narrow leg trousers these days are simply leggings with a bit more space round the ankle. Let's hope I'm wrong and these really are trousers and not skin-hugging. They suit only people with good legs, which mine definitely aren't. My legs need disguising, not exposure.

I couldn't edit that post but all I wanted to add is - surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility to use the same stretchy material that we find so comfortable and cut the pattern just a bit wider? QVC isn't the only one guilty of this. If it meant they couldn't cut so many trousers from the same width of fabri, they could price realistically, without making it massively more expensive?

its meant to be worn like a jegging sorta thing

Right.

Lets hope its not reversible/worn upside down/ or back to front ! 'Deluxe' is such an over-used description that could still mean cheap or doesn't fit properly. I've only enjoyed one pair of Kimmy's trousers - black crepe wide palazzos, which she only did in black and navy, which I find odd she didn't expand to other colours as they were very popular.

What is 'crepe' exactly? We hear it all the time & it looks ok & appears to have a higher price point, but I never know what I'd be buying. Is it just another polyester made up word? Soz, i know zero about sewing stuff.

Whatever they`re like they`re bound to be too short for us tallies, too clingy, too static, too dull of a colour or too manic of a pattern.

Yes, I've noticed recently that the white/light coloured trousers/leggings have noticeably highlighted fat on legs. Asda are my shop of choice for trousers, good fit and good price.

CC

Right.

What is 'crepe' exactly? We hear it all the time & it looks ok & appears to have a higher price point, but I never know what I'd be buying. Is it just another polyester made up word? Soz, i know zero about sewing stuff.

Ok, the best I can describe it is..... are you old enough to remember the crepe paper that we would twist into hanging decorations at Christmas ? well, imagine that in a fabric - has more of a texture than the smooth poly/elastene. Crepe hangs better than normal poly, so its generally a bit more pricey.

Ok, the best I can describe it is..... are you old enough to remember the crepe paper that we would twist into hanging decorations at Christmas ? well, imagine that in a fabric - has more of a texture than the smooth poly/elastene. Crepe hangs better than normal poly, so its generally a bit more pricey.

Thanks, B. If it's like an old sort of paper, does that make it dead thin?
I know nothing about fabric. Wish there was a nice book that wasn't dull to read.

Thanks, B. If it's like an old sort of paper, does that make it dead thin?
I know nothing about fabric. Wish there was a nice book that wasn't dull to read.
You might enjoy watching The Great British Sewing Bee which starts this coming week. It’s basically the bake off only with sewing and is much more interesting than it sounds, it’s one of my favourites and I’m no sewer. Claudia Winkleman was the original presenter but has now been replaced by joe Lycette but don’t worry if he’s not your cup of tea as he is just the filler between tasks.

Oh I loved the Great British Sewing Bee and I can just about sew on a button or stitch up a fallen hem but my Mum and my late sister were both keen needlewomen and they were also keen knitters so I grew up with lots of home made frocks and hand knitted jumpers. Don`t know what happened to me because I have 2 left hands when it comes to any of the above crafts but the 2 left hands match my 2 left feet because I can`t dance either.

Oh I loved the Great British Sewing Bee and I can just about sew on a button or stitch up a fallen hem but my Mum and my late sister were both keen needlewomen and they were also keen knitters so I grew up with lots of home made frocks and hand knitted jumpers. Don`t know what happened to me because I have 2 left hands when it comes to any of the above crafts but the 2 left hands match my 2 left feet because I can`t dance either.
You have the gift of storytelling.

I love the Great British Sewing Bee! It inspired my neice to take up dressmaking a couple of years ago and now she makes most of her clothes. If a garment with camel toe ever appeared on the show, the judges would crucify whoever made it and rightly so. Nothing is less appealing.

Latest posts

Back