Kindle Trade-In or Trade-Up?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Kindle will soon have a new version, the Touch. It seems to get mixed though good reviews on Amazon US. I discovered that Tesco has a trade in section and will pay £69.50 for my old Kindle keyboard. I'm tempted to change it, though I have been happy with my old Kindle I am attracted by the lighter version. Has anyone tried the "baby" Kindle or is planning to get the Kindle Touch? What's your opinion?

I have the £89 Kindle and love it!!! I have no desire to get the new touch screen one, don't fancy constantly wiping finger marks off it!!

I shall be hanging to my Kindle with keyboard, it's not a year old yet. But have popped the Kindle App on my IPad and can synchronise book pages , so already have a choice of which to read from. I guess this will work with any other tablet in a similar way. I thought there was a Kindle Fire available somewhere, or maybe they're the same thing.

I bought the £150 Kindle with the keyboard and 3G and I'm keeping it.

The 3G service is free, so you have immediate free internet access almost anywhere in the world. OK, so it's fiddly to use, but if you just want to check your emails when you're lounging by the pool on holiday, it's fine.

Amazon's obviously regretting offering to pick up the tab and give free 3G for life, because I noticed the newer Kindles have all mysteriously lost the application.

Oh - and I have 529 books, etc etc, on my Kindle and I couldn't face hours spent swapping everything over. :happy:

I think I will get a kindle, I just thought it was for books and was considering getting a tablet, and reading this thread has made me reconsider and consider buying the touch 3g when it comes out, I love to read, and I have no room in my small home for any more books!!!!

I think I will get a kindle, I just thought it was for books and was considering getting a tablet, and reading this thread has made me reconsider and consider buying the touch 3g when it comes out, I love to read, and I have no room in my small home for any more books!!!!

It's astonishing how much room you can save, mediastar.

I buy lots of ebooks from eBay, where you can buy thousands of books on DVD, for under a tenner.
[To be honest, of each thousand books, 900 will be rubbish, unless you've always had a burning desire to read turgid novelettes in Hungarian, that is, but 100 or so will be books you'll probably want to read.]

Anyway, I found that I ended up with digital copies of many novels I already had. I transferred the ones I wanted from DVD on to the Kindle, then gave boxes of tatty paperbacks to charity. Suddenly there's shelf space appearing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back