Kindle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Rubyslippers! I have now chosen and ordered mine! Read the reviews on Amazon about the Kindle Touch and the Kindle Paperwhite. I found them invaluable in making my choice.

Also factor in the cost of a case and a plug charger as they have to be bought seperately.

For a student the additional features of a Kindle touch might be a good idea but not for a person who just wants to read books. I also looked beyond gimmicks like xray and asked myself "will I really use that". The answer was no. Then I thought that wifi alone was good enough for me. I can wait until I get home to download a book so the extra 60 quid for 3 G was not justified.

The most important thing for me was to read in the dark so the paperwhite won. I got a non- amazo leather case for a fraction of the cost and a plug off"warehouse deals" again with a big discount. All together the total was less than the cheaper kindle touch due to the excessive cost of the case.

So decide what features your daughter needs and will use, consider the cost of the extras and it should make it easier.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Just to say if you didn't already know,if you have a smart phone a lot of the chargers for them will fit your kindle, so you would not need a separate plug in charger really, I only discovered this by reading a review for the plug in charger myself, I have a htc phone and the charger for that charges my kindle, great when you are away on hols as you then only have to take one charger with you, x

LBA I did not know this! If my smartphone charger works I will return the one I got from Amazon.

The thing is with a Kindle, once you've got one, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it! Mine is the original, need a light to read it in the dark, but great outdoors. It's light weight and one thing I really enjoy is browsing in the Kindle bookstore, reading reviews, downloading free samples and then having a good choice of books to read at my finger tips.

We did have an ongoing thread about Kindle book recommendations, in the Books section of the drop, but I think it got deleted some time back. Time to start another perhaps?

Last edited:
The thing is with a Kindle, once you've got one, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it! Mine is the original, need a light to read it in the dark, but great outdoors. It's light weight and one thing I really enjoy is browsing in the Kindle bookstore, reading reviews, downloading free samples and then having a good choice of books to read at my finger tips.

We did have an ongoing thread about Kindle book recommendations, in the Books section of the drop, but I think it got deleted some time back. Time to start another perhaps?

Yes I think it would be a great idea to start up another kindle/book recommendations thread, particularly when there are some good offers on Amazon etc at certain times throughout the year, and a good opportunity to read something perhaps you would not normally read etc, x

You can register with Amazon for the Kindle Daily Deal. They send you a daily email listing the daily deal which is a kindle book for the special price of around 99p as opposed to whatever the full price would be ( often much more expensive ) and sometimes there`s more than one book on the daily deal, as many as 4. I`ve had quite a number of the daily deal books.

I have bookmarked the page Vienna but how do I register?

BTW very impressed with Amazon. Within 2 hours of ordering they had shipped my Kindle, tracked and separated it out from the other items I ordered so I could have it quicker! Q....what's going on? Amazon have a bigger warehouse than you and free delivery too!

WG I think I registered when I first bought my kindle, there was some kind of application with it. I`d email Amazon and ask them how you do it nowadays. There`s a link to an amazon email form online.

Latest posts

Back