Kipling opinions please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the green man

Registered Shopper
I would like some of your views of Kipling bags,ok or a bit naff ?

Presenters and Marie F.W. say they are trendy what do you think,I think they are quite expensive but look well made.
Thanks in advance for your views.

They are lightweight and hold loads of things but are very expensive. I wouldn't buy them QVC that's for sure! Have a look at Javari or eBay.
I wouldn't worry about them being "trendy" or not. If you haven't got your finger on the pulse of fashion what does it matter what anyone else thinks. They are popular so you won't be the only one wearing one.

Thanks for that Lady M, you are quite right i have spent the best part of my fifty years worrying about what other people think,i welcome your positive post.

I love mine.Lightweight and practical for everyday use. I agree they are a bit on the expensive side but they are very well made and will probably last for years.

Forgot to say. I have four of the basic ones and a couple of some other fabrics but I do tend to go for very plain ones as I've just gone off the basic range. They are great on holiday (as Julia said). By far my favourite is my leather one which I have worn to death and everyone seems to compliment.

Well it took a while of watching the shows to persuade me to get one, as I have always been very much a leather handbag woman (which I do still have and love). I now have a jacqueline which is my favourite, and a defea which is just OK. Having said that they hold loads, and you feel really organised and know where everything is - they are right when they say 'no more rumaging around in a cavenous bag' because everything has its place within the bag.

I am also not really bothered whether they are all the rage or not, just if I like them. I have 2 and I wouldn't buy anymore, unless one really grabbed my attention, and I don't get it that people collect kipling bags, as they are all much of the same thing, although I am definitely more of a handbag than shoe woman and have lots of different ones.

always liked look of them but never bought til today from all you guys opinions am looking forward to receiving my bags :)

They are not naff at all and are worn by people globally because of their durability and because they are lightweight. I am about to start commuting again and I will go back to my Kiplings as they will withstand the punishment of travel. They are probably better known outside of the UK and if you go to the Kipling shops in London they are busy with tourists. In fact it was the Kipling range that started my handbag obsession....they have got more expensive though. But the tsv and oto were good prices.

I have bought several K's over the time they have aired on qvc. Its been noticeable though these last couple of years that the designs have been a bit samey, and colours have been dark and dreary (some like that sort of thing), but when I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago the colours were bright and cheerful and there were so many different designs to choose from. Some of the ones that are for QVC only I wouldn't consider 'great'. I now go on ebay for more choice.

My favourite - which they dont seem to do anymore, is a wonderful cabin bag, that packs everything, has a silver swirly pattern, lots of room AND a flap on the back to hook over suitcase handles. It goes everywhere with me. I also love my lime green cross body which has been used forever, and no signs of wear at all, so all in all they ARE good value for money.

Not sure if they are trendy or not but they are user friendly being lightweight and very durable...also on a day out on holiday saved me getting a wet lap on a tour bus when a bottle of water that was frozen when I bought it had a slit in it thoroghly wetting the contents of the bag `(including my passport) but thankfully prevented the embarrassment of a very wet lap!!..and they seem to fit everything in except the kitchen sink

I have a couple of Kipling bags and I use one every day to carry my office about with me. It's fab because it's light and very hardwearing. I've had mine for about a year and it looks as good as the day I got it.

I don't think that I would ever use one as an every day bag though. They're too casual to my mind. Lovely, practical, stylish but casual.

And buying a handbag would be flipping expensive for something I wouldn't use regularly. Some of the canvas ones are as expensive as other brand leather handbags.

Don't let me put you off because I do like them and if you like the look and style of them then go for it. And if you decide it's not for you then there's always the MBG!

I've got two - a black toiletries bag and a larger unisex style bag in a grey colour which I use on holiday as a beach bag. Very well made and durable and great for travelling as they weigh next to nothing :hi: Shall stick to my Prada leather messenger for everyday, tho'!

Thank you all for your input i have taken Lady Ms advice and had a look on Javari,lots to choose from and quite a few not on QVC i have my eye on a shiney bronze one !

They've never appealed to me. Too reminiscent of the brown rice & sandals brigade
My sister-in-law has two Kipling bags and they are perfect for her ..... :cheeky:

I was late to convert but now have four in different colours with today's TSV to come - in my mid-60s I thought maybe they were too young for me but what the heck, I love the bright colours, they're the colours (pinks, purples & teals) that I can wear and which suit me, so why not carry on the theme into my accessories..makes me feel brighter these horrible grey days!

I love my leather bags and did have a time when I thought Kipling were a bit naff then I changed jobs and needed a bag that would hold a lot of stuff as I do home visits and have to cart a lot of things around. Took the plunge and bought a Kipling and was amazed by what I could cram into it. They are also great for travelling for the same reasons. Oh and I wash mine on a quick wash cycle.

I've bought two in the past year, really like them - especially the key fob for when I'm not wearing a coat with pockets

I'll pop into town tomorrow but it might be a bit early in the year to find sandals...

Latest posts

Back