Kipling TSV 10/03/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

when Q say luxury they mean leather usually so this does seem odd
I don't believe that. Kipling is known for the plastic Bass, not for the leather ones although they also have them . And thinking about the price and the fact that QVC want as much of a TSV be sold as possible, it is much more realistic the TSV will be a bag "as usual". If the usual bags are already expensive, what do you think a leather bag by them will cost? No way will they have a leather bag as a TSV.

I have a couple of Kipling leather bags, mainly from their outlet at Gunwharf Quays many years ago. They are nice enough but kinda slouchy and unstructured like many of their fabric basics. QVC can describe stuff creatively but I wouldn't automatically think "luxury" about Kipling. Maybe "Luxury" heading is a way to justify the full price, to boost sales at the TSV price. It's all about selling stuff!

I have a couple of Kipling leather bags, mainly from their outlet at Gunwharf Quays many years ago. They are nice enough but kinda slouchy and unstructured like many of their fabric basics. QVC can describe stuff creatively but I wouldn't automatically think "luxury" about Kipling. Maybe "Luxury" heading is a way to justify the full price, to boost sales at the TSV price. It's all about selling stuff!

Me too. They also did a range that had a fabric bag with leather handles and trim. I had a really lovely beige slouchy tote with handles and trim in gold leather with a lilac lining and an attached coin purse. It came out every summer as it matched everything. Sadly the unique styles that Kipling created are a thing of the past.

Me too. They also did a range that had a fabric bag with leather handles and trim. I had a really lovely beige slouchy tote with handles and trim in gold leather with a lilac lining and an attached coin purse. It came out every summer as it matched everything. Sadly the unique styles that Kipling created are a thing of the past.
I still have a rainbow of the fabric Kipling bags, although I don't think I've bought one for 15-20 years when they changed the design team. I sold a couple on ebay, but I'm glad a kept most of them and they store flat so don't need much storage space. Those old bags came in nicer colours and more complex patterns. Now I mostly walk with a stick, light-weight and cross-body bags have been resurrected. I will defiantly carry more formal leather handbags sometimes, usually just going out for a meal. Like the shoes I can't wear anymore, I'm not quite ready to part with them yet. I have a pair of black suede high-heels with ankle straps bought in 78 and worn for dancing and "on the cop" throughout the 80s that I'll never throw out. Good times!

I still have a rainbow of the fabric Kipling bags, although I don't think I've bought one for 15-20 years when they changed the design team. I sold a couple on ebay, but I'm glad a kept most of them and they store flat so don't need much storage space. Those old bags came in nicer colours and more complex patterns. Now I mostly walk with a stick, light-weight and cross-body bags have been resurrected. I will defiantly carry more formal leather handbags sometimes, usually just going out for a meal. Like the shoes I can't wear anymore, I'm not quite ready to part with them yet. I have a pair of black suede high-heels with ankle straps bought in 78 and worn for dancing and "on the cop" throughout the 80s that I'll never throw out. Good times!

I feel your pain. I look at my shoes and wish I could still wear even the ones that hurt!

I use crutches and as my right leg needs FES to work I have to wear boring lace-ups to keep the foot switch secured. I wear mostly Fitflops for comfort but they're not exactly elegant or even easy on the eye most of the time.

Crossbody bags are essential for me if I need to carry more than I can stuff into my jeans pockets. Kipling are good at doing those but again, not elegant.

Maybe I should give up on trying to look halfway tidy these days!

If anyone is interested the system I use is called Functional Electrical Stimulation. It's very helpful for people with neurological problems and stroke sufferers. It can help arms and legs. I use a device from Odstock Medical. There's lots of info on their site and they can point you to a provider (NHS or private).

when Q say luxury they mean leather usually so this does seem odd
Nope.
I don't believe that. Kipling is known for the plastic Bass, not for the leather ones although they also have them . And thinking about the price and the fact that QVC want as much of a TSV be sold as possible, it is much more realistic the TSV will be a bag "as usual". If the usual bags are already expensive, what do you think a leather bag by them will cost? No way will they have a leather bag as a TSV.
Bass = bags

I don't sing the "I told you" song. The TSV is a typical Kipling bag.

I’m like you and have lots of Kipling bags. I have problems with my joints including my neck and shoulders and Kipling bags are great as they are light. I have a Kipling laptop bag for work. I recently bought a faux leather laptop bag because I liked the look of it but it weighs a ton before I put anything in it and I just can’t use it. I also like that they store flat. I have them in a lovely rainbow pile in my wardrobe and it make it easy to see what I have.
I’m also the same with shoes and can only wear flat shoes. I keep hanging on to a few pairs of heeled shoes because I like them but I’ll never be able to wear them unless I don’t need to walk far in them. I keep one pair for weddings that are, like yours, black suede with an ankle strap. I love them but I can’t walk far in them and certainly can’t dance in them 🙂

Latest posts

Back