Kipling TSV 3.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Kipling TSV 4.jpg
    Kipling TSV 4.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Kipling TSV 5.jpg
    Kipling TSV 5.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 232
I don’t like double straps either. I think it makes a bag look cheap, which isn’t an issue if you buy it in Chelmsford market (many other markets are available) for £8.99.

What strikes me is how few shows, and TSVs, Kipling seem to have compared to past years.
The bag is not my cup of tea, so won't be tuning in specially... particularly if it is a dreaded 'made for QVC' style.
I was just thinking the same as I took a look at this thread out of interest.

I've never seen any Kipling “stuff” I like, especially at their high prices, but did always sound well made and popular.

It used to be on ALL the time about ?5 years ago, and people on here seemed to go crazy for them! And the same on air?

Maybe they shot themselves in the foot and made their bags too long-lasting, so people bought their fill and haven’t managed to wear them out yet?!

Or maybe it was pandemic or something.

I used to quite enjoy watching a bit of a show with Marie Francoise as she was a good brand ambassador and it was sort of soothing!
But I can’t say I was ever remotely tempted to purchase!

I was just thinking the same as I took a look at this thread out of interest.

I've never seen any Kipling “stuff” I like, especially at their high prices, but did always sound well made and popular.

It used to be on ALL the time about ?5 years ago, and people on here seemed to go crazy for them! And the same on air?

Maybe they shot themselves in the foot and made their bags too long-lasting, so people bought their fill and haven’t managed to wear them out yet?!

Or maybe it was pandemic or something.

I used to quite enjoy watching a bit of a show with Marie Francoise as she was a good brand ambassador and it was sort of soothing!
But I can’t say I was ever remotely tempted to purchase!
Last TSV I bought was a shockingly poor quality made for Q number. Back it went, and I've not bought since.

A lot of their bags are now just made for QVC. And the quality is not good…. And the colours and patterns look like something you would find on your local market stall… who’s going to pay Kipling prices for market stall tat?

I have a couple of bags I’ve had for years. Well thought out styles, plain colours and they still look great despite years of being thrown around. And the zips close in the right direction!

If Kipling re-introduced some of their basic classic bags in plain colours I’m sure they would do much better. As it is, if I want a new bag I look on eBay

I'm not a great lover of the Kipling brand. They look pretty sturdy, and the monkeys are a bit of fun (if you like that sort of thing) and quite handy I suppose if you want a washable bag. Having said that, it's the fabrication that means that they do need washing in the first place, so that cancels that one out. Maybe it's the lightweightedness that people like.
What I dislike so much about Kipling's bags are the ridiculous prices - They are far too expensive for what they are. There are plenty of lookalikes out there, which in my experience are well made and durable but without the price tag. I personally don't care whether or not if my bag has a brand name on it, or a monkey swinging from the zip, and I doubt whether anyone else cares if my bag has these things either!

I think a lot of Kipling bags are just downright ugly. This one is no exception. The canvas pouchy pocket thing on some of them reminds me of what old soldiers used to wear on their kit.

I think a lot of Kipling bags are just downright ugly. This one is no exception. The canvas pouchy pocket thing on some of them reminds me of what old soldiers used to wear on their kit.
I didn’t like to be so blunt!
But as you’ve said it, I have to agree: I would say that I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Kipling bag which I didn’t find ugly!

Some of the smaller, neater cross-body bags I don’t find so bad and I can tell that they’d be ideal for travelling and the like.

I especially hate the quilting!

Latest posts

Back