Kirks Folly - She’s back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really? They were in a little time warp years ago. Qvc is a parallel universe where just about anything somehow sells so presumably they’ll slot right back in and people will lap up the feelgood vibes.

Really? They were in a little time warp years ago. Qvc is a parallel universe where just about anything somehow sells so presumably they’ll slot right back in and people will lap up the feelgood vibes.
I agree & the pandemic will probably be used as a reason to surround ourselves with base metal guardian angels & crystal studded key charms. I've admitted to having pieces of KF & still wear it on the odd occasion, as I do with items from Joan Rivers, B&W & California Style along with Honora & Diamonique.

Just had a mooch on Kirks Folly facebook page and there`s lots of people wetting their knickers in the excitement of having them back on QVC UK. She`ll be blowing fairy dust from here to kingdom come !

OMG I just don’t believe it. I thought her stuff was like the freebies we got on fairgrounds in the 50s and used to get so embarrassed on their behalf of all the women who phoned in to the studio gushing over it. I agree about her voice though but never got sucked in, strangely entertaining, however!

Those Dyson vacuums will come in handy with all the glitter she blows over the studio. That will show if they really are that good.

If she is doing the same style of costume jewellery very old-fashioned when back then.
I’ve no doubt that there will be a Shark or Dyson TSV after her first show because the TSVs are often now on a repeat loop. It’s Groundhog Day all the way. 🙄

I have told this story before on here. I caught one of her shows way back and suddenly for some reason she caught herself on camera. Now they had one of the models siding do the usual displaying the jewellery much younger than Jennifer. I swear Dale who was on the show had to talk her down, and it took ages. Jennifer was going on and on and on about how old she looked on camera. I mean she was really freaking out.

It was really one of those Holy Sh*t moments on QVC they used to have back in the day. She looked like a normal woman in her 50s no surgery or fillers. But boy did she really freak. Dale was telling her she looked fine.

I enjoyed the shows, and for me it was harmless entertainment...but I'm an old cynic who found it amusing and not credible... I accept that it could be dangerous for vulnerable people if they get sucked into it.

I preferred her daughter's Dreamkeeper shows, though, back in the days before everything was a mean, spangly scarf.

They can all sell whatever they are free to sell but please don't exploit the vulnerable.
To be honest I don't know how that can be achieved; people open an account & if they buy something & have the money to pay for it no company will question their circumstances. I'm no longer a QVC customer, however, I buy from many other retailers online & in person & not one knows who I am or anything about my life.

I don't mind a bit of glitter but this stuff looks very tacky and cheap
I have these earrings, two moons & two stars, I always wear them as a mismatched pair & they are beautiful. I also have the Christmas tree brooch & that's lovely too. Looking at her current offerings the standards plummeted. Obviously these are on eBay, mine are in a drawer.

I have told this story before on here. I caught one of her shows way back and suddenly for some reason she caught herself on camera. Now they had one of the models siding do the usual displaying the jewellery much younger than Jennifer. I swear Dale who was on the show had to talk her down, and it took ages. Jennifer was going on and on and on about how old she looked on camera. I mean she was really freaking out.

It was really one of those Holy Sh*t moments on QVC they used to have back in the day. She looked like a normal woman in her 50s no surgery or fillers. But boy did she really freak. Dale was telling her she looked fine.

Clearly she was having a 'moment' on air, but who hasn't been horrified by seeing themselves in a shop mirror or recoiled at a terrible photograph and wondering who the hell that old woman is ?

I noticed the deterioration once I passed 60, but now I'm over 70 the hooded lids are making me look like an aged oriental lady, and even putting make up on is becoming a challenge. Instead of 'shoving' lipstick on its more of an art lesson trying not to make the lipcolour bleed, then recolouring eyebrows is not easy when the natural line is motoring through a deep wrinkle, and then there's the blusher - too much and hey its Coco the Clown, too little and you don't walk past the Funeral Directors in case they're having an Open Day !!!!

So I can sympathise with her particularly when you're sat next to a young, nubile and beautifully made up model - which, once upon a time, was you.

Latest posts

Back