Kirks Folly - She’s back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought the jewellery was iffy, but I still have some of Dreamkeepers beaded ponchos and 1920s short slouchy jackets which will NEVER see the charity bag.
I have a lovely pair of earrings and a beautiful devore shawl but that's all I ever bought.

Just had a mooch on Kirks Folly facebook page and there`s lots of people wetting their knickers in the excitement of having them back on QVC UK. She`ll be blowing fairy dust from here to kingdom come !
🤣🤣🤣

Although I never bought any Kirks’s Folly items, I didn’t mind her. I did find her constant blowing copious amounts of glitter all over the place a bit odd though.

The Kirks Folly woman always reminds me of when I was a kid and every so often you`d hear a knock on the door, Mum would answer it and a gypsy woman would be there with her basket of good luck charms, heather and pegs. Mum was always very superstitious and had a purse full of tiny little charms which she bought from the gypsy lady by crossing her palm with silver as requested and I bet Mum always crossed the palm with more money than they should have cost. It was in the days of old money and instead of crossing the palm with a silver coloured sixpence I bet Mum`s silver offering was a shilling or a half crown.
They always told Mum she was destined for good luck, good health and that her children would go far in life and Mum swallowed every word. I was only a child at the time and the gypsy ladies along with the rag and bone man, the chimney sweep and the bin men were a common sight.
Mum believed the gypsy ladies put a curse on you if you turned them away and many a time I`d see them squint at her outstretched palm and tell her some gobble de gook.

When Kirks Folly was regularly on QVC I bought a lot of items from across the range, I found it all to be well made and I always got comments on it.

As my tastes and lifestyle changed I sold it, and mostly made a profit on every item, a couple of pieces that cost about £20 each went for £130 each, I got a much better return than the interest on savings in a building society.

It all screams 1990's to me. In the early/mid 90's it was all about wearing crushed velvet maxi skirts and tunics with little mirrors sewn in. Most of my wardrobe consisted of loose fitting purple, midnight blue and forest green garments and of course black. Doc Martens on my feet, a fancy cross on a leather thong around my neck, stars n' moon dangly earrings - I thought I was the bees knees. Looking back on old pics - I can tell you that I wasn't lol! Then it was the other paraphenalia that went with all this, wind chimes at every window, dream catchers hanging off the bed posts - I found the only thing they "caught" was dust. Sorry folks, if this has always been your look, it must suit you and mean something to you - Not just a passing fad, so good on you...but for me this sort of stuff can stay in the dustbin of history along with all the Bon Jovi played on panpipes cds and others of that ilk. Good grief, nearly forgot about the cloying stench of incense running through my house and the trails of joss stick ash on the window sills . Thanks for the memories folks!
I followed many looks over my 62 years & loved all the ones in bold. Add to them, patchouli, my pewter bangles & colouring my hair with henna ❤️ However, I thoroughly detest windchimes so maybe there's some hope for me!

I followed many looks over my 62 years & loved all the ones in bold. Add to them, patchouli, my pewter bangles & colouring my hair with henna ❤️ However, I thoroughly detest windchimes so maybe there's some hope for me!
When I first married Mr V 10 years ago we had a single divorced Mum with teenage sons living in the rented house next door to us. She was a devout Jehovah`s Witness and the large tree in her back garden was full of all kinds of wind chimes and other twirly things, stained glass religious artefacts and crystals hanging from it too. The damned thing made one heck of a noise especially on windy days, so much so, that me and Mr V moved from a back bedroom into a front bedroom. Thankfully when she remarried and moved house she took them all with her but having said that, I`d welcome her and her windchimes back in a heartbeat in exchange for getting rid of the tenants we have next door to us now.

Kirks Folly New Items

Kirks Folly Cosmic Bliss Necklace 17" with 3" extender

Kirks Folly Cosmic Bliss Ring

Kirks Folly Stella Luna Goddess Seaview Moon Pin Pendant Necklace

Kirks Folly Glass Seaview Moon Ring (12mm)

Kirks Folly Forever Loved Rainbow Angel Wing Bracelet

Kirks Folly Rainbow Bridge Crystal Shimmer Ornament

Kirks Folly Astral Moon Goddess Charm Necklace 17" with Extender

Kirks Folly Astral Moon Goddess Leverback Earrings

Kirks Folly Aurora Borealis Essentials Emerald Cut Necklace 17" with 3" wxtender

Kirks Folly Aurora Borealis Essentials Emerald Cut Bracelet 7" with Extender

Kirks Folly Aurora Borealis Essentials Emerald Cut Leverback Earrings

Kirks Folly Dancing Crystal Magnetic Enhancer

Kirks Folly Mystic Cord Magnetic Necklace 17 with 3" Extender

Kirks Folly Ring Master Pin Pendant

The rainbow Bridge shimmer 'ornament', I got a set of 2 from Amazon beginning of last month as part of MILs birthday gifts, both for £10 on prime free delivery, exactly the same colours and length as this one supposedly by KF. The only difference being the brands tiny charm and I do wonder what they will be asking for 1, never £5 that's for sure

I like the look of a couple of items but whether to buy depends on the price as it is not precious metals

That 'ornament' I mentioned, it's £33 full price, says a lot about the brand now I think, what a mark up!

Just seen on facebook that she is on tomorrow at 10 p.m. and Wednesday at 8 p.m. Presumably she will be broadcasting from the US so no glitter in the UK studios.

Awwww! I love wind chimes. Remember a programme from the 70’s, might have been an episode of Columbo, and a balcony was full of them and looked, and sounded, so pretty.

The rainbow Bridge shimmer 'ornament', I got a set of 2 from Amazon beginning of last month as part of MILs birthday gifts, both for £10 on prime free delivery, exactly the same colours and length as this one supposedly by KF. The only difference being the brands tiny charm and I do wonder what they will be asking for 1, never £5 that's for sure
Nearly £30 + £4 :eek:

You see, that's what always got me about Kirks Folly, the little play on the bereaved. This Rainbow Bridge ornament is an inference on dead pets (to put it plainly). Everyone on here who knows me will know that I truly believe that when I go I will just be getting the leads and poo bags and embracing my dead pets, then we'll step over the Bridge for ever after. Mad to some people but the same as believing in God and Jesus or whatever. Whether I want to pay £34 for a string of glass is another thing. But people will and that's up to them of course - I have bought little plaques which I put in the garden. Charging massive prices for Guardian Angels and Rainbow Bridge things is a wee bit exploiting grief IMO. Of course people don't have to buy but you know, when you're in, on your own, a bit down. Done it myself.

CC

You see, that's what always got me about Kirks Folly, the little play on the bereaved. This Rainbow Bridge ornament is an inference on dead pets (to put it plainly). Everyone on here who knows me will know that I truly believe that when I go I will just be getting the leads and poo bags and embracing my dead pets, then we'll step over the Bridge for ever after. Mad to some people but the same as believing in God and Jesus or whatever. Whether I want to pay £34 for a string of glass is another thing. But people will and that's up to them of course - I have bought little plaques which I put in the garden. Charging massive prices for Guardian Angels and Rainbow Bridge things is a wee bit exploiting grief IMO. Of course people don't have to buy but you know, when you're in, on your own, a bit down. Done it myself.

CC
All my cats' ashes are in a special box under my bed. I don't do special ornaments etc.

Latest posts

Back