Kitchen Gifts with Ninja TSV 23/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the brand ambassadors role to tell us how to use the product. They can do that just as well or actually better than a presenter. The presenter should be posing questions in anticipation of what customers may wish to know. How a presenter cooked their chicken, what pies they have eaten, where they walked wearing their coat, having a photo wearing their qvc boots, their showering in Korres, MB, Elemis, L’Occitane etc etc etc is of zero help to me. All these things are freebies, plain and simple, the only benefit is to the presenter. The list of these samples is endless. In my opinion the set up is distasteful, greedy and offensive but they won’t give it up. They will defend the practice to the end and I don’t appreciate the passive aggressive response from Julia Roberts. It doesn’t work on me nor is she the qvc “queen” in my world.

Last edited:
I have enough 'stuff' on my work tops as it is, so wont be getting this. Its like those big glass infra heat air fryers that IW sold a lot of, and which took up most of the work top. No its not for me.
Me too...I'm totally done with all these gadgets. I managed to clear my workspaces to an acceptable level and I don't want to go backwards. We've got a small deep fat fryer which lives in the cupboard when not in use, a slow cooker, the same, a food processor , magic bullet, a hand mixer and the rest is made up of pots, pans and basic utensils, and a sandwich toaster that cooks on the hob (it's brilliant). The worksurface has the combi microwave on it, the kettle and a coffee maker, toaster and the breadmaker (oh's baby!) We've got a decent double oven, and a hob, so definitely can live with out this hulking great thing!

It’s the brand ambassadors role to tell us how to use the product. They can do that just as well or actually better than a presenter. The presenter should be posing questions in anticipation of what customers may wish to know. How a presenter cooked their chicken, what pies they have eaten, where they walked wearing their coat, having a photo wearing their qvc boots, their showering in Korres, MB, Elemis, L’Occitane etc etc etc is of zero help to me. All these things are freebies, plain and simple, the only benefit is to the presenter. The list of these samples is endless. In my opinion the set up is distasteful, greedy and offensive but they won’t give it up.
In the words of Alison Young...I'm wearing this moisturiser for you. She keeps saying "for you" during her presentations and on many occassions it makes absolutely no sense what so ever 'cause it's completely out of context!

When I used to sell kitchen appliances in a bricks and mortar store I didn't get freebies so I could tell people how to use it at home, nor did I get free footwear so I could tell customers you can wear them with jeans or a floaty skirt when I sold shoes.
I now work in a book store and in the ten years I've been there I've never had a free book so I can explain the plot to the customer or tell them you can read it while relaxing on the sofa or laying in bed!!

Isn't the guest/BA supposed to be showing us how to use it rather than the presenter?

Our local department store used to have three ladies that would present 'guest' offers on a regular basis. They were expected to demo without being given the products as gifts.

Latest posts

Back