Kitchenaid TSV 1.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Kitchenaid TSV 2.jpg
    Kitchenaid TSV 2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 145
  • Kitchenaid TSV 3.jpg
    Kitchenaid TSV 3.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 135
It's not that mini though is it? I've a ninja that's either the same size or smaller. I'd like something, well, mini for chopping and grinding food/spices. I've been looking for something for ages to no avail.

CC

It's not that mini though is it? I've a ninja that's either the same size or smaller. I'd like something, well, mini for chopping and grinding food/spices. I've been looking for something for ages to no avail.

CC

it is

CC
I bought this manual Kuhn Rikon chopper from QVC and I use it every day for small amounts, chopping nuts or making a dessert out of bananas/raspberries/other fruit. I've also got a mini electric chopper which I don't use now because it's more of a faff to clean and reassemble. This one is on offer at ebay at a lot less than the £29 QVC are asking (mine was on special offer at about £16 which is still more than ebay). It doesn't take much effort to pull it, though occasionally you need to take the lid off and shift the stuff around a bit if you've put too much in or the bits are too big, but on the whole well worth getting, in my experience. There are other makes out there but I can't speak for them. I tried grating nutmeg but that didn't work too well though I'd say other spices would work but take some pulling, depending on how hard they are. I tend to buy them ground.

I bought this manual Kuhn Rikon chopper from QVC and I use it every day for small amounts, chopping nuts or making a dessert out of bananas/raspberries/other fruit. I've also got a mini electric chopper which I don't use now because it's more of a faff to clean and reassemble. This one is on offer at ebay at a lot less than the £29 QVC are asking (mine was on special offer at about £16 which is still more than ebay). It doesn't take much effort to pull it, though occasionally you need to take the lid off and shift the stuff around a bit if you've put too much in or the bits are too big, but on the whole well worth getting, in my experience. There are other makes out there but I can't speak for them. I tried grating nutmeg but that didn't work too well but I'd say other spices would work but take some pulling, depending on how hard they are.
I’ve got the Kuhn Rikon too. Use it every day. I bought it for a friend too. She loves hers. I bought them off EBay considerably cheaper. I like not having to bother plugging it in so can be used on any empty work surface.

it is

Looking at the photos Super it really doesn't look that "mini" to me, unless the man in the picture is a giant. All depends what you consider mini I suppose. I'm looking for something that's about the size of a half pint glass.

CC

I have seen the Kuhn Rikon demo'd so I'll need to have a look. I've terrible wrists with no strength so I wondered about pulling that cord. I like my ninja and use it a lot but I often just need small amounts of things chopped like garlic and the ninja is too big.

CC

CC
I've got this one, it's never let me down & was made quite close to home ✔✔

I really rate Kitchenaid & I was quite tempted by this. The rubber seal on the bowl of my trusty Ninja has split, it makes an awful noise & has to be shaken a lot. Then I shook myself, looked on their website, found a replacement bowl & the delivery is free 🙂 Good old QVC, my personal shopper, who always finds me something I want/need elsewhere & cheaper!

My ninja is the jug model, and never had a problem. I think its stopped being made as I could only get another new one (for back up) on EBay.

Mine has jugs as well (ooer missus). It was a TSV yonks ago for about £25 and it was a really good buy.

CC

Looking at the photos Super it really doesn't look that "mini" to me, unless the man in the picture is a giant. All depends what you consider mini I suppose. I'm looking for something that's about the size of a half pint glass.

CC

I have seen the Kuhn Rikon demo'd so I'll need to have a look. I've terrible wrists with no strength so I wondered about pulling that cord. I like my ninja and use it a lot but I often just need small amounts of things chopped like garlic and the ninja is too big.

CC
I don’t have strong wrists and I manage easily. Sometimes a piece of quartered onion might get stuck on a blade. Just need to dislodge it and then pull

Latest posts

Back