KitchenAid TSV 27/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been reading reviews for this - - - -

Loads of people saying how DISHONEST QVC were as they said they were leakproof, but are most definitely not; and many handbags have been ruined by the leaks.

Also Simon was demoing using them for soup and lots of other things, but the instructions say to ONLY use them for drinks and NEVER anything that is salty such as soup (as demo'd).

And yet again, people were saying it was a waste of PP to get them and then more PP o send them back - - they obviously don't know their rights. Others were keeping them even though they didn't want them, because of the PP.

BTW QVC ALWAYS leave out the most vital info - - - in this case they are selling a mug but not saying how much capacity they have!

I always read reviews by selecting the worst to the best, which is a useful short cut.

Oh dear dear me. I always do reviews low to high. Seems the only way to me.

I'm not sorry I bought this and I intend to use it a lot to do some Christmas baking. I've got 3 months to see how it goes. I have bad hands and wrists and I find mixing with a wooden spoon too hard so this mixer will be useful. I'd love a big Kitchen Aid but I'd never use it enough to justify the price so this seems a compromise. I'll let you know how I get on 🍰🍰

CC

Just been reading reviews for this - - - -

Loads of people saying how DISHONEST QVC were as they said they were leakproof, but are most definitely not; and many handbags have been ruined by the leaks.

Also Simon was demoing using them for soup and lots of other things, but the instructions say to ONLY use them for drinks and NEVER anything that is salty such as soup (as demo'd).

And yet again, people were saying it was a waste of PP to get them and then more PP o send them back - - they obviously don't know their rights. Others were keeping them even though they didn't want them, because of the PP.

BTW QVC ALWAYS leave out the most vital info - - - in this case they are selling a mug but not saying how much capacity they have!

I always read reviews by selecting the worst to the best, which is a useful short cut.
I've just watched the clip; he did give the capacity & said, several times, that the mugs were spill resistant so had to be kept upright, he didn't claim that they were leak proof. What he didn't do was deal with Jill Franks suggestions about taking one filled with soup to work or using them on a picnic. I don't know if those who wrote one star reviews bought after seeing a different presentation but to be honest I thought he explained everything clearly & if I'd been in need of a thermal mug to keep my drink hot when gardening he could have had a sale.

I'm not sorry I bought this and I intend to use it a lot to do some Christmas baking. I've got 3 months to see how it goes. I have bad hands and wrists and I find mixing with a wooden spoon too hard so this mixer will be useful. I'd love a big Kitchen Aid but I'd never use it enough to justify the price so this seems a compromise. I'll let you know how I get on 🍰🍰

CC
I have had this hand mixer for a few years and I would not recommend it if you have dexterity problems. its mega heavy pure metal construction and hard to use. I gave mine to my daughter who loves it and is much younger than me.

I've just watched the clip; he did give the capacity & said, several times, that the mugs were spill resistant so had to be kept upright, he didn't claim that they were leak proof. What he didn't do was deal with Jill Franks suggestions about taking one filled with soup to work or using them on a picnic. I don't know if those who wrote one star reviews bought after seeing a different presentation but to be honest I thought he explained everything clearly & if I'd been in need of a thermal mug to keep my drink hot when gardening he could have had a sale.
It must have been an earlier presentation that the reviews were based on, otherwise they wouldn't have their mugs to try yet. So they may have said they were leakproof. I see no point in having a hole to drink through, why not just just remove the lid, and without the drinking hole they would probably be leakproof anyway,

And the WRITTEN description does not state the capacity. It's like selling dresses where you have to guess the size and fit - - - ahh, they do that anyway.

Most people assume that LnL will be leakproof as that has been their main selling point for many years.

Sorry I'm late to post, I also ordered the mixer to try, knowing I can return if it doesn't meet my expectations, but I still see it as a bargain. Lakeland are selling it in silver for £99. I realise that this model is no longer on the Kitchenaid website, the 7 speed they have is a more expensive cordless version at £149 and the 5 speed is £89. Amazon are selling the 5 speed for £106, I did my research before I committed knowing that I can return it and order the 9 speed elsewhere if I feel I need the slow start option it offers.

There are a few posts on the QVC FaceBook page today. For those customers, the mixer apparently arrived in the KitchenAid box, with no external cardboard box as protection. The invoice was just stuck on the outside of the box. Two of the customers are sending them back because it had been raining and the boxes were soggy. They also posted about the fact that it is an old model.

I hope that no one here who ordered one has had a similar experience.

Quality Value Convenience????? That’s definitely debatable.

There are a few posts on the QVC FaceBook page today. For those customers, the mixer apparently arrived in the KitchenAid box, with no external cardboard box as protection. The invoice was just stuck on the outside of the box. Two of the customers are sending them back because it had been raining and the boxes were soggy. They also posted about the fact that it is an old model.

I just had a new PC from Aldi online.

It came in a strong cardboard box with lots of crushed paper padding.

Inside this was another strong cardboard box.

And inside this was the proper box with the PC in, and all inside this was properly protected by "cardboard engineering" packing for the various parts.

That’s how things should be packed, strato .…. ie: properly.

This is how one customer received her KitchenAid. I’m not sure whether it’s the hand mixer or the large mixer, but all posts on FB are relating to the recent TSV.

Even if it was a cheap item, QVC are falling short of acceptable standards.

Attachments

• 5B4FA12C-ED31-4F55-963E-FD24661CB433.jpeg
    5B4FA12C-ED31-4F55-963E-FD24661CB433.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 80
That’s how things should be packed, strato .…. ie: properly.

This is how one customer received her KitchenAid. I’m not sure whether it’s the hand mixer or the large mixer, but all posts on FB are relating to the recent TSV.

Even if it was a cheap item, QVC are falling short of acceptable standards.
I wonder if they will give you free PP to return if the item is OK and only the packaging is damaged?

That's how mine arrived. Had it been left on the doorstep it would have been washed away in a flash flood with all the rain we're having. What if it was a gift and the box was ruined? Shoddy packaging IMO. I did know it was a discontinued model before I bought it.

CC

I wonder if they will give you free PP to return if the item is OK and only the packaging is damaged?
I’ve returned something that I didn’t want and rang CS for a returns label because it would have cost more than I was prepared to pay to return it. I must have got a nice CS person because I did receive the label.

Hopefully if any of those in damaged boxes were gifts then the customers will ring CS because I wouldn’t want to get a gift that was in a box that looked as though it had floated down a river. Considering the fact that QVC will pack a mascara inside a huge box and then put it in a plastic bag, then they could at least have put the mixer in its box in a QVC plastic bag ….. or does that take initiative? 🤔

That's how mine arrived. Had it been left on the doorstep it would have been washed away in a flash flood with all the rain we're having. What if it was a gift and the box was ruined? Shoddy packaging IMO. I did know it was a discontinued model before I bought it.

CC
Mine hasn't arrived, apparently a major event is slowing Hermes down, which is not unusual here. Hermes have had a FeelUnique parcel for over two weeks, it has been out for delivery many times already but various excuses have been offered. FeelUnique haven't been much help, it's an order my daughter placed and both items are out of stock.

I need a new hand mixer as mine is so old that it keeps cutting out. So after reading the previous posts, online reviews and good house keeping etc I have ordered the kitchen aid 9 speed hand mixer on the kitchen aid web page. It has additional attachments, and a handy storage bag for the attachments, as well as a promotion so it also comes with a free mixing bowl and measuring cups and of course free p&p and all for £109.00.
My order from KitchenAid arrived this afternoon and were delivered by DHL. The three items are in their own boxes and were delivered in a substantially strong box and were in excellent condition when they arrived.

I have unpacked, washed and tested the hand mixer with the bowl and they are excellent.

The free bowl is 2.8 L and is shallow so good to get all the ingredients well mixed.

So I am delighted that I went for the 9 speed hand mixer directly from KitchenAid.

Well today I actually saw the box in person (previously only saw the photo of Hermes delivery of item) and the box was the actual Kitchen Aid box, very bashed and grubby and looked like it had been sellotaped up a couple of times. The QVC invoice/delivery thing was stuck directly on the box. Now had I bought this as a gift for someone there's no way I would have given it because it looked like it had been stuck in the back of my cupboard for 10 years and I was "re-gifting". For nearly £70 that would be a bit of a no no. However, I took the unit out, tested it and it seems like exactly what I want. I bought this to get quality but I could have bought similar in Asda for less than £20. I'm keeping all the packaging because if it doesn't cut it then it's going back. There is, however, a 2 year product guarantee which is something.

CC

Well today I actually saw the box in person (previously only saw the photo of Hermes delivery of item) and the box was the actual Kitchen Aid box, very bashed and grubby and looked like it had been sellotaped up a couple of times. The QVC invoice/delivery thing was stuck directly on the box. Now had I bought this as a gift for someone there's no way I would have given it because it looked like it had been stuck in the back of my cupboard for 10 years and I was "re-gifting". For nearly £70 that would be a bit of a no no. However, I took the unit out, tested it and it seems like exactly what I want. I bought this to get quality but I could have bought similar in Asda for less than £20. I'm keeping all the packaging because if it doesn't cut it then it's going back. There is, however, a 2 year product guarantee which is something.

CC
As it is American, check the small print to see if it applies to UK, and whether you have to post it back to them at your own expense if it goes wrong.

Also I would photo the box and send it to Q in an email to see if you can negotiate a discount. And you could imply it was meant as a gift without lying eg I won't be able to gift it for xmas with the box in this state, as they will think I bought it from a charity shop.

As it is American, check the small print to see if it applies to UK, and whether you have to post it back to them at your own expense if it goes wrong.

Also I would photo the box and send it to Q in an email to see if you can negotiate a discount. And you could imply it was meant as a gift without lying eg I won't be able to gift it for xmas with the box in this state, as they will think I bought it from a charity shop.
Actually Strato, that's exactly what the box does look like and there's no way to get that sticky plastic wallet off the box without ripping part of the box. It looks as if I had seen it in a charity shop and bought it as second hand. The actual unit looks new but the box is shoddy. You've given me a little idea that I might just follow up, after all this is not a cheap mixer. The website to register the guarantee looks to be UK.

CC

Actually Strato, that's exactly what the box does look like and there's no way to get that sticky plastic wallet off the box without ripping part of the box. It looks as if I had seen it in a charity shop and bought it as second hand. The actual unit looks new but the box is shoddy. You've given me a little idea that I might just follow up, after all this is not a cheap mixer. The website to register the guarantee looks to be UK.

CC
Keep us posted :)

Latest posts

Back