KitchenAid TSV 27/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The fact that Noni posted further up the page to say she’d ordered hers direct from KitchenAid and that all the things she ordered were packed correctly in a strong outer box indicates very clearly, in my opinion, that QVC sent the ones that were in damaged boxes. Maybe, because the hand mixer is an old model, they just sent it out without due care and attention. The shoddy state the boxes were in, on delivery, does not suggest that they were direct dispatch from KitchenAid.

Also when I’ve ordered something that is direct dispatch, QVC have sent a letter to that effect and that serves as my invoice. The fact that a QVC invoice was stuck on the outside of the box is surely an indicator that it came out of QVC’s warehouse.

I agree Toril. OK, this is a product I bought for myself but at the price it is I really don't want to feel like maybe 3 or 4 folk have used it before me and sent it back. Then it comes out to me in a bashed up grubby box with no extra packaging and the delivery label slapped on the side (no discount for being 3rd hand either). If it works and I'm happy with it then OK, the boxes will be recycled anyway but imagine if I had had this sent direct as a gift to someone. It just wouldn't have looked good.

CC

Considering how much Qvc charge in postage and packaging, one would expect your order to turn up the next day, and in pristine condition but having seen this on FB this morning - it's hard to find the words to convey my disgust (and it didn't even happen to me)!
How dare they send items out in this sort of condition and not even box them up. It's bad enough when they stick the address label to the actual packaging, especially if the item's going to be gifted - but to send out goods that look like they've been sitting in someone's cupboard for about 10 years is simply not on! One person said that their shonky package was delivered and that the person for whom the gift was for took it in, so it completely spoiled the surprise....and the state of the box just added insult to injury.
There are a fair few complaints regarding their p&p charges and policies with pleas for them to change -One woman said exactly what I've always said "unless customers change - they won't"!
On seeing these pictures I have actually decided to boycott Q - I'll still watch, but I'm never gonna put another penny of my money their way
249295822_1497710283948897_7152349751938227407_n.jpg
249735008_1497710857282173_255104248561697909_n.jpg
250789033_1497709853948940_4756488597022745809_n.jpg

And if you took an item back to a store with the packaging like that, I reckon they would refuse to refund you.
...and quite rightly so, as a store wouldn't sell you an item in that condition in the first place, well not unless it was sold "as seen" and extremely heavily discounted! I mean there's taking the pi$$ and there's taking the pi$$.
I don't buy from them that often, so they won't miss my custom - but this has really made me see red. Disgusting company.

There were a lot of complaints about the state of the boxes on delivery, on their FaceBook page. I mentioned it on another thread and posted photos.

The reviews on QVC say similar.

According to other posts on the other thread, items sent direct from KitchenAid were securely packaged in an additional cardboard box. I guess the mixers in this TSV were sent out from the QVC warehouse and were sitting there for ages as the mixer is an outdated model.

I personally haven't had any problems with Q's packaging apart from the amount they charge ie £4 -£5 to post something that arrives in a plastic bag and weighs next to nothing. Last thing I bought was in August, and like I say NEVER AGAIN. I'll still watch 'cause it's entertaining and I love to chat on here, also I use them for ideas...see something I like and find it elsewhere, no doubt i'll pay less, and get quicker delivery etc etc . Anything "exclusive to Q" isn't worth having anyway - Their loss, not mine! This is the sort of thing prime for BBC's Watchdog, that would expose them for the shower of shite they really are underneath the shiny veneer they portray on screen (or try to, when you think of some of the awful presenters).

The photo of the box is similar to how mine arrived. Q offered me a refund if I sent the whole shebang back, that's all. However, I would like to keep it and try it so I will and return after 50 days if it doesn't do the job.

Let's face it. KitchenAid had a whole load of mixers that were old stock and a new model was coming out. Probably been stuck in the back of a warehouse for a long time. Q buys up all the stock, sends the delivery labels out to KA who stick them on the side of the boxes and send them out. They aren't going to carefully parcel everything up for QVC are they? It's a con. QVC should have made it clear that this was stock that has been superceded by a new model, might be "seconds" and may have damaged packaging. Then you know what you're buying and less complaints for Q in the long run.

CC

The photo of the box is similar to how mine arrived. Q offered me a refund if I sent the whole shebang back, that's all. However, I would like to keep it and try it so I will and return after 50 days if it doesn't do the job.

Let's face it. KitchenAid had a whole load of mixers that were old stock and a new model was coming out. Probably been stuck in the back of a warehouse for a long time. Q buys up all the stock, sends the delivery labels out to KA who stick them on the side of the boxes and send them out. They aren't going to carefully parcel everything up for QVC are they? It's a con. QVC should have made it clear that this was stock that has been superceded by a new model, might be "seconds" and may have damaged packaging. Then you know what you're buying and less complaints for Q in the long run.

CC
The contract you've got is with Q, and this whole business is their fault. They've bought a job lot right? Do they not get to see the condition of the goods before they commit to buy? Like you said it should've been made more than clear that the price reflected the condition of the packaging and the fact that it's and end of range product. Should not have been a TSV and most certainly not sold in the run up to Christmas. For a supposedly "professional" company, they haven't got a ****** clue. If that lot had been bought up by a high street store such as Robert Dyas, they'd have been advertised and "sold as seen" but of course then there'd be the logistics of getting the stock delivered to the stores. Q are ****** laughing if all they have to do is mail a few labels over and leave the rest. Easy money for them. Dunno what they're gonna do with the returns. I guess they'll all turn up in one of the outlet stores, probably in even worse condition then they are now!
It's the unsuspecting folk who bought these as presents that I feel most sorry for, and I reckon they should be compensated let alone refunded for this whole sorry debacle.
I really don't know what it's gonna take for QVC to take a hit for their hiked up prices and shoddy service? Did anyone see the box covered in slugs..ok that was down to Hermes, but I wonder whether they'll follow that up and complain on the customer's behalf? I doubt it, they probably invoice the customer for them!

I went and had a look after reading Merryone's post. Facebook and loads complaining about how their Kitchenmaid arrived like that some saying it looked like the mixer had been removed from the box and put back in. So were they returns? QVC told one person it was to save on packaging as the mixers already in a box they did not want to use another. Helping the environment my arse.

I've just ordered all my xmas presents from the Very catalogue, there's about 16 things in my order and it consists of a mixture of high/medium and low priced items. I placed the order on Sunday morning. The postage and packaging was £3.99 for the whole lot, and by lunchtime today I had already received 5 items. They were packaged beautifully. I would imagine if I'd ordered from Q that the p&p alone would've set me back about £70-£80. No doubt I'd have to wait a week to receive any of it. The amount I spent meant that I qualified to defer payment for a year and it doesn't matter how much you pay, and how often you pay just so long as the bill has been cleared by the day you've deferred it to, you pay no interest. Returns are free too.
All Q's wonderful ez pays and advanced orders are a ****** lottery, they'll send out the stuff/take your money when they feel like it, so it's really hard to budget. I've been stung a couple of times!
Why do people persist in shopping with this terrible shower?!

Last edited:
I personally haven't had any problems with Q's packaging apart from the amount they charge ie £4 -£5 to post something that arrives in a plastic bag and weighs next to nothing. Last thing I bought was in August, and like I say NEVER AGAIN. I'll still watch 'cause it's entertaining and I love to chat on here, also I use them for ideas...see something I like and find it elsewhere, no doubt i'll pay less, and get quicker delivery etc etc . Anything "exclusive to Q" isn't worth having anyway - Their loss, not mine! This is the sort of thing prime for BBC's Watchdog, that would expose them for the shower of shite they really are underneath the shiny veneer they portray on screen (or try to, when you think of some of the awful presenters).
I wrote much the same when I closed my Q account last year. I buy from local independent shops, Etsy, eBay & an ever-growing number of small online sellers based in the UK & Europe. I use the Q as a sort of reverse personal shopper.

The boxes look water damaged not just tatty. like I said earlier these are very heavy to use and unbalanced

Mine hasn't arrived, apparently a major event is slowing Hermes down, which is not unusual here. Hermes have had a FeelUnique parcel for over two weeks, it has been out for delivery many times already but various excuses have been offered. FeelUnique haven't been much help, it's an order my daughter placed and both items are out of stock.
Mine still hasn't arrived, I called QVC and they said they would contact Hermes and then call me back with an update yesterday! Update on my daughter's parcel, FeelUnique have requested Hermes to do a 'sweep of the depot' !!

QVC are sending a replacement as Hermes have failed to respond to them but of course Hermes will be delivering this one too! FeelUnique have now refunded my daughter and given her a voucher for the inconvenience etc.

Having read about all the current problems with Hermes on various threads on here, I must be really lucky. A friend had a delivery due from Hermes for something ordered from Amazon and it never turned up. They rang Amazon and got an immediate refund. With QVC you have to fill in stupid forms to prove your order hasn’t arrived and then wait weeks for the refund.

I ordered something from QVC on Monday 😳 and it’s being delivered by Hermes. I’ve had an email giving me the window (between 11am and 1pm today) and, knowing my team, I am 100% certain it will be delivered. I have never had a problem when Hermes are the couriers, but I do think that QVC should “up their game” when customers ring to say something hasn’t arrived. I personally don’t know of any other online retailers when you have to go through such a rigmarole to get your money back.

Latest posts

Back