knowledgeable presenters anyone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NEXUS

Registered Shopper
I cant find any on IW, not that it matters to me, but I think presenters that have at least a basic level of knowledge of what they are selling, would be more use than just a sales pitcher, or is it just me ? :talking:

90% of shopping channel presenters accross all the channels are too busy employing dirty, low tactics, cheap shots and bull 'opinions' to bother or even have time for actual FACTS!! In my opinion, these channels should be watched for pure entertainment value, never to be purchased from :) Its funny, when something comes along that you personally know loads about, you can hear the lack of knowledge and crap and it makes you laugh, so think on, when its something you don't know anything about, and you think its a good deal, there will be someone just like you out there in the next street, or town or county, LOLing at their sell of that :) I saw a Moira C bag in a charity shop the other day, still new and pristine, so had a look at it and what a cheap awful piece of tat that was, gaudy, nasty, thing.

I think what is overlooked is that this is people's jobs and livelihoods and, like someone working on a conveyer belt, they have to do the same thing over and over again - the exception being they have to do it whilst being watched by hundreds/thousands/millions. To this end they try to vary it a bit probably to make it more interesting to themselves - could you blather on about a Karcher, Scarflace or Tom Tom for an hour at a time and perhaps three times a day?

This is not to defend some of the banality - Howard justifying buying a Sony laptop so a mid fifties female or a truck driver could get on a dating website quicker when he/she gets home smacks of desperation.

I wouldn't like their job, no matter what you paid me.

90% of shopping channel presenters accross all the channels are too busy employing dirty, low tactics, cheap shots and bull 'opinions' to bother or even have time for actual FACTS!! In my opinion, these channels should be watched for pure entertainment value, never to be purchased from :) Its funny, when something comes along that you personally know loads about, you can hear the lack of knowledge and crap and it makes you laugh, so think on, when its something you don't know anything about, and you think its a good deal, there will be someone just like you out there in the next street, or town or county, LOLing at their sell of that :) I saw a Moira C bag in a charity shop the other day, still new and pristine, so had a look at it and what a cheap awful piece of tat that was, gaudy, nasty, thing.

I think it's hilarious when they are selling a product that is a legitimate brand and they try to their best to not say ''everything else we tell you a good brand, is utter crap really, but this, this is good'' but manage to heavily imply it.

Yes I agree entirely about the employment angle, I lived in the States for 7 years, and what I see now, here is like what I saw 20 years ago in CA, just never imagined that brain destroying bilge would come here, but it has :giggle:

Just watched a masterclass on selling, by Dave Bradford, making out that bonded leather is real leather not synthetic, when in reality it is the cheapest possible fake leather omn the market, now a chair covered with this for 800 quid :giggle:

Just watched a masterclass on selling, by Dave Bradford, making out that bonded leather is real leather not synthetic, when in reality it is the cheapest possible fake leather omn the market, now a chair covered with this for 800 quid :giggle:

It is just about real leather...it will probably have been rubbed on a cow a few times :giggle:

Latest posts

Back