Kochblume TSV 16/07/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Kuhn Rikon spill stopper has been in constant use since I got mine many years ago; I assumed the "Kochblume" name refers to the flower shape used for cooking. Might buy depending on the sizes.

My Kuhn Rikon spill stopper has been in constant use since I got mine many years ago; I assumed the "Kochblume" name refers to the flower shape used for cooking. Might buy depending on the sizes.

So has mine, although I didn’t get it from QVC. It’s brilliant.

Attachments

• Spill Stoppers TSV 1.jpg
    Spill Stoppers TSV 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 164
I could do with these as I'm on a "waste no food" drive and I'm just using cling film which gives me blue rage when it won't tear properly. Something in nice colours that has a use like this might be just the thing. I'm also on a "spend no money" drive as well so might just have to window shop.

CC

I could do with these as I'm on a "waste no food" drive and I'm just using cling film which gives me blue rage when it won't tear properly. Something in nice colours that has a use like this might be just the thing. I'm also on a "spend no money" drive as well so might just have to window shop.

CC

There’s always these silicone lids CC if you’re interested, better than wasting cling film which isn’t good for the environment and they’re cheap too. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=sili...rs&sprefix=silicine+lids&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_4_13

£7.99 free delivery. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085HYHMHN/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

and different colours. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0828LN6ZJ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Attachments

• Spill Stopper TSV 1.jpg
    Spill Stopper TSV 1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Spill Stopper TSV 2.jpg
    Spill Stopper TSV 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Spill Stopper TSV 3.jpg
    Spill Stopper TSV 3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Spill Stopper TSV 4.jpg
    Spill Stopper TSV 4.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 114
There’s always these silicone lids CC if you’re interested, better than wasting cling film which isn’t good for the environment and they’re cheap too. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=sili...rs&sprefix=silicine+lids&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_4_13

£7.99 free delivery. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085HYHMHN/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

and different colours. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0828LN6ZJ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
Thanks Shopper, I hate clingfilm, Mr CC uses it but it just won't tear for me and then wraps round itself and then puts me in a strop arrrrgh, rage. Get the picture. I will look tomorrow. Time for bed now.

CC

Ooh I like the idea of the small one, milk-pan sized perhaps? Though the one I already have is a fairly good one-size-fits-all size. If the large one has a considerably larger diameter to fit my biggest frying pan, wok and stock pot I might splash out. Having more than one would be handy. (y)

Re stretchy silicone lids, I've tried a few different ones but can't get a consistent sticking result, maybe I'm not stretching them enough? I end up using them as pan liners to stop them getting scratched when stacked like Russian dolls, which is fine until DD put one on the hob without checking the base and removing the silicone thingumy. Always a cup-half-full gal, at least we know the smoke alarms work!
👩‍🚒

Kochblume 2 Piece Small & Large Multi-Functional Spill Stopper Lids
Item Number: 809620
QVC Price £36.00
Todays Special Value Price £22.98
P&P £3.95

This set of two multi-functional Spill Stopper Lids from Kochblume includes a Small and a Large lid, which can be used across different pot and pan sizes to help prevent pasta, potatoes, rice, pulses and other foods on the hob from boiling over. Reduce unexpected mess when cooking and help keep your surfaces spotless with these innovative kitchen essentials.

*A great saving: if you were to buy these small and large two-piece spill stopper lids directly from Kuhn Rikon you’d pay £46. So to get them for our Today's Special Value price of just £23.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £18.07.

Say goodbye to spills - dinner's over, you go to clear up the kitchen and it's there… the annoying mess on the hob from cooking spills and splatters. Help make it a thing of the past with these clever spill stoppers. Especially ideal for cooking starchy foods and designed to fit onto a variety of pots and pans, simply place one on top of yours once the contents are boiling and enjoy a mess-free surface!

Multi-purpose problem solver - as well as being handy for hob spills, these lids can also be used as splatter guards in the microwave to help keep it looking spotless too!

Easy to care for - made of food grade silicone, these multi-functional Spill Stoppers are BPA free, resistant to acid and alkaline, and dishwasher safe. They also have a compactible design, so can be stored away easily in a drawer or cupboard.

A colour for everyone - choose from seven colours to find the perfect fit for your kitchen. Blue, Red, Lime, Purple or Orange are perfect options if you'd like something playful and bright, or for something sleeker and more neutral, opt for Anthracite or Ice Blue.

• 100% food grade silicone
  • Acid and alkaline resistant
  • BPA free
  • LFGB certified food safe
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Heat resistant from -40C to 230C

Colour options:
  • Blue
  • Red
  • Anthracite
  • Lime
  • Purple
  • Ice Blue
  • Orange

What’s in the box?
  • 1 x 22cm (8.7") Small Multi-Functional Spill Stopper Lid - designed to fit 14cm - 18cm (5.5" - 7") pots and pans
  • 1 x 29cm (11.4") Large Multi-Functional Spill Stopper Lid - designed to fit 14cm - 24cm (5.5" - 9.4") pots and pans

How to use:
  • Bring water to the boil with food such as pasta, potatoes, rice and pulses
  • Place the Spill Stopper on top of your pan to stop the water from boiling over

All measurements are approximate

Just checked my KB spill-stopper is 26cm in diameter and tbh it works on far smaller pans anyway so I don't specifically need a little one just to use occasionally on a milk pan. (I use my velvetiser for milk anyway - the height of decadence!). Plus the large one is only a fraction larger so I've successfully avoided another purchase. They are good though.

Latest posts

Back