Kochblume TSV 24/05/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only reason I had to buy a smartphone was for extra bank security, even though I didn't want one and hardly use it (I don't take it out with me).

And now I heard on the radio today that there are no longer any paper tickets for Wimbledon, you HAVE to have an e-ticket on a smartphone. So I won't be going!
Try it. It's much easier to have your ticket on your smartphone. I didn't like it at first but at least you only have to remember one thing instead of wondering where you put your ticket. It's just like shopping on QVC. Its just you get your item straightaway. Better than waiting three weeks, hey? 😂

Try it. It's much easier to have your ticket on your smartphone. I didn't like it at first but at least you only have to remember one thing instead of wondering where you put your ticket. It's just like shopping on QVC. Its just you get your item straightaway. Better than waiting three weeks, hey? 😂
My objection is that they are excluding a large part of the population who can't afford a smartphone or the monthly subscription to use it.

Its also good for Track n Trace easy to locate people that may have been in contact with Covid19.

My objection is that they are excluding a large part of the population who can't afford a smartphone or the monthly subscription to use it.
I have a smart phone bought it from my catalogue £120.00 a Samsung. Good little phone does everything and this was a few years ago so maybe an option as it will be even cheaper to get

Edit. I think you can print them.. so all you need is a printer. Do QVC sell them!

Agree with you about that aspect. They should have the option. Unfortunately the digital divide is getting bigger when it should be getting smaller

Its also good for Track n Trace easy to locate people that may have been in contact with Covid19.
On the radio today they said the amount of money WASTED by the gov't on track and trace was the same amount as the USA would spend on 18 missions to mars, or half the yearly cost of running the NHS.

Edit. I think you can print them.. so all you need is a printer. Do QVC sell them!
According to the BBC, they will not accept paper tickets.

I have a smart phone bought it from my catalogue £120.00 a Samsung. Good little phone does everything and this was a few years ago so maybe an option as it will be even cheaper to get
And it won't do anything unless you also have a monthly subscription of some sort.

I noticed that a lot lately. Maybe people are saying you can catch Covid 19 from handling money etc...

And it won't do anything unless you also have a monthly subscription of some sort.
I pay £4.00 a month and any data I don't use gets saved. I can transfer the data anytime I please. its part of my internet package

Received 4 identical messages from Hermes today telling me that they have received my order from QVC

I use my phone for e-tickets quite a lot. I use them when travelling abroad on buses, planes, trains.

I also misread your name, as the I looks exactly like an L on my screen so Lam Bananas.

This follows on from Ma Daunty yesterday.
😂😂😂 I am bananas - not that I'm totally admitting the name suits me...but.....😛

Ah right. Wouldn't make much difference now I come to think of it. If someone doesn't have a smartphone, they're less likely to have a printer. Tried for years to get my mum to learn how to use a smartphone and tablet. Moreso after my dad passed away so she could keep in touch with the grandkids. She didn't have broadband so couldn't set her up with an echo or Google home. Either of which may have not left her lying on the kitchen floor for 7 hours with a broken hip. Her phone was 6ft away from her so literally useless.

il be brutal i dont have a smart phone nor a phone & i dont want one & i wont be getting one as i see them as a pointless item & i stand by that & anyway most places have ways around things if you dont have one so im not worried in the slightest
So you use a computer?

yep but i dont have a printer or anything as the last one i had i so seldomly used it, the ink dried & went in the bin & swore i would never buy another printer ever as thats another piece of tech i dont need
Isn't life funny. I thought you'd have all the gadgets going. That'll teach me for making assumptions. I guess you can get by with a computer and nothing else. I just think for most people using a computer would be more difficult than using a phone. Saying that, having a mobile with you all the time does mean there's very little true peace as the expectation is that we're all reachable at all times.

yep but i dont have a printer or anything as the last one i had i so seldomly used it, the ink dried & went in the bin & swore i would never buy another printer ever as thats another piece of tech i dont need
The same thing happened to my printer, not long after I bought about 20 ink cartridges for it online :(

I've tried to fix it, but couldn't, and all the local computer shops won't fix printers.

So at the moment I'm trying to buy a new printer that will use the same type of cartridges so they won't be wasted.

And that is the 2nd printer I've had to scrap for the same reason. You are supposed to use them at least once a week, or at least switch them on. Every time you switch them on, they use ink. When I actually wanted to print something, all the ink had been used up, so you can't win!

BTW I haven't even found just a PRINTER you can buy, they are all 3 in 1 these days.

The same thing happened to my printer, not long after I bought about 20 ink cartridges for it online :(

I've tried to fix it, but couldn't, and all the local computer shops won't fix printers.

So at the moment I'm trying to buy a new printer that will use the same type of cartridges so they won't be wasted.

And that is the 2nd printer I've had to scrap for the same reason. You are supposed to use them at least once a week, or at least switch them on. Every time you switch them on, they use ink. When I actually wanted to print something, all the ink had been used up, so you can't win!

BTW I haven't even found just a PRINTER you can buy, they are all 3 in 1 these days.
thats because 3 in 1s have become the more popular choice so the prices have dropped a lot

I went to the garden centre yesterday and went into the cafe. It's all changed. You now have to order on your smartphone and I don't have one. I do have a phone but it doesn't do anything except make and receive calls/texts - that's all I need it for and it's a pay as you go. The waitress loftily told me she'd show me how to order with my phone and when I handed it to her she looked at me as if I'd handed her a box full of maggots! Apparently I need a new phone or I won't be able to buy anything. It will save me a lot of money I suppose.

CC

I went to the garden centre yesterday and went into the cafe. It's all changed. You now have to order on your smartphone and I don't have one. I do have a phone but it doesn't do anything except make and receive calls/texts - that's all I need it for and it's a pay as you go. The waitress loftily told me she'd show me how to order with my phone and when I handed it to her she looked at me as if I'd handed her a box full of maggots! Apparently I need a new phone or I won't be able to buy anything. It will save me a lot of money I suppose.

CC
That's the point I was making earlier, we are now divided by smartphone ownership, as well as being in 4 disunited countries.

There is an assumption that everyone has a smartphone, internet that's plentiful and fast and a blue tooth printer. I have all three and a laptop. Was dragged kicking and screaming though. You need everything just to jog along and it won't get any easier. I have three tech savvy daughters who are great so that's helped me out.

Latest posts

Back