Korres Natural Beauty TSV 30/05/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I once remember someone on here having a pot at me because they argued that tsv`s and stock from Q would always be fresher and newer stock because they sell such large volumes. This Korres palava proves the point I made back then that buying from a smaller retailer who perhaps only hold a limited number of items and who order items only when they need stock etc was a better chance of getting newer/fresher items.
Q are the ideal place for brands to offload old stock or mass numbers of items the brand can`t otherwise sell.

I’ve just checked the other body spray and the date is 2017, so 6 years younger than it’s “twin!”

I’ve also just realised that they’ve sent me cashmere rose. I ordered guava. 😳

I can’t say that I’m a fan of the cashmere rose scent, but I can’t be bothered to go through the rigmarole of trying to return it and to ask for what I ordered. The only thing in its favour is that the sprays do work and it does sink into the skin quickly.

I won’t be ordering anything else from QVC until the lockdown is over or until they get their act together (both could be a while.) I’m going to see if I can get the guava one elsewhere.

I decided to ring them and only had to wait 10 minutes to get through. I told the CS guy that I’d checked the manufacturing date, after reading about it on their FB page, and that one bottle was 9 years old and the other was 3 years. He said “oh, my goodness. I’ll get in touch with them and report it.” I don’t know who “them“ is. I assume it’s the “powers that be,” rather than Korres.

I also mentioned the fact that they’d sent me the wrong fragrance but that I wasn’t going to go through the lengthy process of waiting for a returns label and waiting weeks for a refund. I said that it was clearly the fault of whoever was dealing with orders in the warehouse. He said they could trace the “packer” and would mention it to them. Whether that happens, who knows, but at least I got it all off my chest. 😉

Hi, haven’t posted for years, but I look regularly and it ends up costing me money lol
I too bought the korres tsv, and I’m wondering about the dates on the bottles but can’t see where they are ! Please help, I don’t do Facebook, so I’m just grateful for you people on here with all your knowledge and advice, which I do use ! Thanks

I once remember someone on here having a pot at me because they argued that tsv`s and stock from Q would always be fresher and newer stock because they sell such large volumes. This Korres palava proves the point I made back then that buying from a smaller retailer who perhaps only hold a limited number of items and who order items only when they need stock etc was a better chance of getting newer/fresher items.
Q are the ideal place for brands to offload old stock or mass numbers of items the brand can`t otherwise sell.

Yes I agree, things sit in their warehouse till TSV day, then previously in the brands warehouse till time to ship for TSV day, so when they say a year unopened you’ve probably lost that already. I agree about getting rid of stock, that’s probably why when they say they do a duo because it’s popular, chances are it’s more to get rid of old stock.

Hi, haven’t posted for years, but I look regularly and it ends up costing me money lol
I too bought the korres tsv, and I’m wondering about the dates on the bottles but can’t see where they are ! Please help, I don’t do Facebook, so I’m just grateful for you people on here with all your knowledge and advice, which I do use ! Thanks
Fiend I’m not on Facebook either but you can read all the posts by googling QVC Facebook and once there going to the left hand side and choose posts just under home and then to the right side to visitors posts and there you are! If you get pop ups asking you to log in just cancel out of them. There’s an afternoon of your life you won’t get back but at least you will get a laugh!

On the product’s label, you’ll see the date just above the barcode. (That’s where mine are anyway)

It’s not a date. It’s a LOT number. You then use this link .....

http://www.checkfresh.com/

...... find Korres in the drop down box and put the LOT number into the batch code section.

Hope this helps.

Somebody on a Facebook group contacted Korea directly with the batch number for their item and got a reply giving the dates of manufacture and the items were well within date. The website originally used to check this isn’t necessarily correct. I’m not saying everything bought from QVC will have been made straight before it’s sold but I find it hard to believe something is ten years old.

Wasn't it said that they used robots for picking in their warehouse? Maybe it was Facebook when people complained about how could the staff self distance?

The robots need decommissioning then. 😉

Somebody on a Facebook group contacted Korea directly with the batch number for their item and got a reply giving the dates of manufacture and the items were well within date. The website originally used to check this isn’t necessarily correct. I’m not saying everything bought from QVC will have been made straight before it’s sold but I find it hard to believe something is ten years old.

You may well be correct about that site. As I posted earlier, my details were given as a manufacturing date of 2011 and 2017 and it may well be coincidence, but the 2017 product has a detectable rose scent. The 2011 product has no scent at all, but does have an odd odour to it, so something’s awry. 😳

You may well be correct about that site. As I posted earlier, my details were given as a manufacturing date of 2011 and 2017 and it may well be coincidence, but the 2017 product has a detectable rose scent. The 2011 product has no scent at all, but does have an odd odour to it, so something’s awry. 😳
Have you contacted Korres directly? It just seems really odd that this stock would be so old. Wouldn’t the packaging have changed over that length of time? Where did they keep all this stock for so long? It just seems really strange.

Last edited:
Korres is a rather strange brand, I see them in Sainsbury's quite a bit and always in TKMaxx and some smaller chemists. They are a Greek brand no idea how long they have been in the UK? But I never considered them massive productions keeping it small and knowing their market. Compared to say L'Occitane body/bath/shampoos etc they are minnows.

Oh google is interesting, started in 1996 now parted owned by a Chinese company and sold in China.

I agree with Boris Bear. Korres sell on HSN in the US (who are also owned by QVC's parent company) and they must sell tonnes of the stuff. It doesn't really make sense that the company made and stored tens of thousands of bottles of shower gel nearly a decade ago.

I'm certainly glad I came to look here today. I ordered the TSV and some other products and I've just checked these codes. The youngest is just over 2 years and the oldest is over 7! Even allowing for that being an error, the fact that any of this was sold as new stock is simply not on. Before I read this I noticed discrepancies with the packaging that set the spider sense ringing, so mine will be winging its way back to QVC tomorrow! Not happy.

Korres is a rather strange brand, I see them in Sainsbury's quite a bit and always in TKMaxx and some smaller chemists. They are a Greek brand no idea how long they have been in the UK? But I never considered them massive productions keeping it small and knowing their market. Compared to say L'Occitane body/bath/shampoos etc they are minnows.

Oh google is interesting, started in 1996 now parted owned by a Chinese company and sold in China.
Thank you for mentioning that the brand is sold in China Donna as I've been tempted by a couple of items in their range, but I certainly won't be making any purchases now.

Who owns Korres?
Morgan Stanley

Korres Cosmetics Sold to Morgan Stanley, Chinese Partner. ATHENS – One of Greece's most iconic brands, Korres, known internationally for its all-natural line of cosmetics and grooming products, is giving up a majority share to the US investment fund Morgan Stanley and a Chinese company, Profex.

The above info from google

Latest posts

Back