Korres Olive Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else here used the Korres olive face oil at all? I tried it a while ago but couldn't use it as it had the most awful smell. I've just tried it again now and it is completely different and hardly has any smell. Did the oil change at some point? or is it possible that first one I had was rancid? When asked, QVC simply never replied! I notice that some reviews mention an unpleasant smell but many others say it smells good. In the nose of the beholder perhaps? :)

Squalane is what is everyone buys Inkey brand is highly rated not olive oil. I know argan oil people used to complain about the smell but it did not bother me, then brands started to triple mill which cut out the smell. I know normal olive oil cooking one has no smell but when going off did develop one.

Have to say if I was going to use olive oil on the face I would just buy the extra virgin from the supermarket as it is the purest.

AND its recommended to stick in your ears to remove a build up of wax !!!! But when my surgery stopped doing ear syringing I was in a bad way and was forced to 'go private'. The Consultant Audiologist told me the build up was due to the gunk as he called it, and that was all the stuff from pharmacists I was putting in my ear.

He also said (and the best advice ever), that the main cause of wax build up was water. So he suggested ear plugs when showering or swimming. Well, since then, I only wash my hair in the sink (without earplugs) and its made a huge difference to my hearing quality.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.

AND its recommended to stick in your ears to remove a build up of wax !!!! But when my surgery stopped doing ear syringing I was in a bad way and was forced to 'go private'. The Consultant Audiologist told me the build up was due to the gunk as he called it, and that was all the stuff from pharmacists I was putting in my ear.

He also said (and the best advice ever), that the main cause of wax build up was water. So he suggested ear plugs when showering or swimming. Well, since then, I only wash my hair in the sink (without earplugs) and its made a huge difference to my hearing quality.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.
No, that's really interesting and important information. Thank you for sharing!

I`ve had several ear surgeries over the years and have severe hearing loss in my left ear and the right ear isn`t brilliant either. My ENT consultant never fails to emphasize the importance of never getting water in my ears and also never putting anything other than prescribed medications in them ie no olive oil or no so called wax softening drops from the chemist.
I buy these earplugs in the link below and use them everytime I shower or wash my hair, they`re actually meant for swimmers but work great in the shower. They are really good and you have to gently lift up the top of your ear, insert the earplug which has a tiny valve in it and when you let go of the top of your earlobe it forms a seal around the earplug.

Vienna, thanks for that. I did buy earplugs after my consultation, but they clearly weren't as good as those. Mine were like a blue waxy substance, but were a bit rubbish in the shower, and let water in, hence my hairwashing in the sink - so clearly one with a seal is better.

Thank you for confirming what I said about not putting gunk in your ears. I suppose they help some people, but why do manufacturers of these various treatments go totally against the advice of Consultants ????

Vienna, thanks for that. I did buy earplugs after my consultation, but they clearly weren't as good as those. Mine were like a blue waxy substance, but were a bit rubbish in the shower, and let water in, hence my hairwashing in the sink - so clearly one with a seal is better.

Thank you for confirming what I said about not putting gunk in your ears. I suppose they help some people, but why do manufacturers of these various treatments go totally against the advice of Consultants ????
It might take you a couple of goes to get the earplugs positioned correctly Brissles , they look like small corkscrews at the tip but just follow the instructions of lifting you ear slightly and you`ll be fine. I hope they work for you, they certainly do for me.

Latest posts

Back