L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I posted a very negative review on Trust Pilot for a company who lied and lied about sending my goods out, blaming everything under the sun, not answering the phone, emails, but quite happy to take my money.

Trust Pilot at first published it, then took it down as they said the Company had never heard of me and I was lying.

Luckily I had all the proof I needed, and sent this off to Trust Pilot, who reinstated my review.

There were so many bad reviews about them, which I wished I had seen before I bought, that they were trying to get them taken down. Eventually I got my money refunded but it was a battle.

Oh, and it is known that a company will get their own employees to write glowing reviews on Trustpilot.

Amazon had to crack down on this happening, they now put customer verified showing you actually bought the product through them.

There was a US brand cosmetic company which got caught out getting employees to write reviews on different sites for their products. Someone was sack from the company and put it up on the web what was happening.

The percentage of one star reviews on TP is now down to 29% from 33%. So they are working their way through. I noticed M&S is only 2 stars overall and some reviews are general business issues, not order specific, so I wonder if they get taken down as well…..

Oh, and it is known that a company will get their own employees to write glowing reviews on Trustpilot.

Amazon had to crack down on this happening, they now put customer verified showing you actually bought the product through them.

There was a US brand cosmetic company which got caught out getting employees to write reviews on different sites for their products. Someone was sack from the company and put it up on the web what was happening.
Think it may have been Sunday Riley having done a quick google.

Angelina Jolie is visiting the Ukranian city of Lviv which is undergoing attacks from Russia apparently.

Angelina Jolie is visiting the Ukranian city of Lviv which is undergoing attacks from Russia apparently.
Why, when she’s got six kids. I don’t understand parents fulfilling desires, climbing mountains, sky diving etc and visiting war zones when they are parents of young children/adults. Vita Hyrych was getting ready for bed when a rocket hit her building, she was a journalist and Kyiv was hit because UN Sec Gen Antonio Gutierrez was visiting the city. People were feeling it was safe to return to their city until this happened.
Will valuable resources be used to protect her or has she brought her own.

Why, when she’s got six kids. I don’t understand parents fulfilling desires, climbing mountains, sky diving etc and visiting war zones when they are parents of young children/adults. Vita Hyrych was getting ready for bed when a rocket hit her building, she was a journalist and Kyiv was hit because UN Sec Gen Antonio Gutierrez was visiting the city. People were feeling it was safe to return to their city until this happened.
Will valuable resources be used to protect her or has she brought her own.
Very strange. The country has been bombed to ashes according to the media.

She is an ambassador for UNICEF and been to loads of war torn places before.

Then again, she might be looking for more orphans to adopt?
Were these places still being bombed or the aftermath?

So there we go:

“Movie star Angelina Jolie, 46, drew attention as a video emerged of her in Lviv, Ukraine, walking briskly with her entourage as an air raid siren went off. As the the group was filmed walking away to safety, a female member turned to the camera and said 'please, no more'. Jolie has worked as a special envoy for the United Nations (UN) Refugee Agency for many years, but the specifics of her trip to Ukraine are unclear.”

Getting coffee in a designer outfit was really adding the personal touch to those in fear of their life with no home. Never sure what qualification these celebs have as ambassadors. wasnt one of the Spice Girls one for something - I rest my case.

Only 2 Russia-related reviews are now showing on Trustpilot. So job done for L’Occitane!
Terrible. I guess they have got away with that because the reviews are not about the products/service, but at the end of the day it is about the ethics of the company and I'll not buy again.

They might not have been reviewing the product but they were reviewing the company so, in my opinion, taking down those reviews is an illustration of dishonesty. Company practice is supposedly transparent. L'occitane have closed the shutters so they’ve list me as a customer as well.

Latest posts

Back