L’Occitane TSV 21/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone know of a decent lavender fragrance? Shay and Blue did one Suffolk lavender and it was beautiful. I don’t think they do it anymore.
Yes, I have the Shay and Blue, and it has disappeared from their website. Not sure if you email their customer care they might know for sure?

Guerlain AA range did Lavande Velours which is gorgeous but again discontinued.

There is a brand called Etat Libre d'Orange Antihero which is lavender on steroids.

Norfolk Lavender do a lovely range, but it is years since I bought from them.

But no longer seem to do the perfume looking at the website.

The l'occitane lavender is a classic the best lavender I have ever had. Cant wait to try the hand cream. Just bought the TSV on the 5 easy pays. Dont really need it but I will be gifting a lot of my stash for presents so this is compensation ;)
I also justified buying this by going through my stash and seeing what I can gift. I’m giving duplicates of Molton Brown to brothers and sis-in-laws rather than buying for them. 👍👍

Yes, I have the Shay and Blue, and it has disappeared from their website. Not sure if you email their customer care they might know for sure?

Guerlain AA range did Lavande Velours which is gorgeous but again discontinued.

There is a brand called Etat Libre d'Orange Antihero which is lavender on steroids.

Norfolk Lavender do a lovely range, but it is years since I bought from them.

But no longer seem to do the perfume looking at the website.
Thanks Donna. Such a shame as it really is beautiful. I’ve looked at shay’s web site and it’s not to easy to navigate. I gave up. I’ll have a look at those links you have posted.

Most lavender used in bath products and even perfume is synthetic sweet. L'Occitane bought out some new perfumes and the lavender was sweet. The Iris/Lavender I remember being excited when it was released, and then I tried it and meh! Smelt like neither notes. Their original bath foam as in the TSV smells like real lavender, old school lavender.

Old lady is used by younger people for perfumes that are actually classic. No5 is classed as old lady. There are two front gardens in my street which have lavender bushes growing and do grab a sprig and rub between my hands, totally gorgeous. Lavender is one of my favourites.
Not sure I agree about Chanel No 5 being considered old lady? That I would say IS seen as “classic” (and classy) even by teens I know?

Think “old lady” would be more like Yardley? Or Bronnley!

(Though to be fair I still love Yardley Lily of the Valley and I’m far from an old lady - I hope! 😉)

I’ll never forget, though, when my little niece - aged about 3 or 4 - disappeared upstairs and came down crying her eyes out bc she had accidentally doused herself in my Rochas Femme.
That really is a powerful, “older lady” perfume!!

@donna255 is usually the font of all knowledge when it comes to perfumes and fragrances. 😊
If Donna doesn’t know and/or you want to look online LOL - I often use either of the following perfume websites.

They both have extensive directories of (almost) every perfume ever released inc the nose, date, notes and more. Plus votes and comments...

But they also both have quite good forums where people ask and discuss all sorts inc lots of recommendations and the like...

Fragratica.com

Basenotes.com

77A4D98E-8D46-422B-9223-4FC4EB6F73D0.jpeg
If Donna doesn’t know and/or you want to look online LOL - I often use either of the following perfume websites.

They both have extensive directories of (almost) every perfume ever released inc the nose, date, notes and more. Plus votes and comments...

But they also both have quite good forums where people ask and discuss all sorts inc lots of recommendations and the like...

Fragratica.com

Basenotes.com
I forgot to add one:

Parfumo.net

I did quick search for lavender and the top few perfumes which came up (with high reviews).
The Tom Ford Lavender Extreme appears there (unisex) sounds good!

Did the TSV sell out, or even go limited? The last couple of shows I saw Alex was urging us to hurry up and order, otherwise we’d miss out ( in fact they seemed to be saying this from when it was launched!) I think they were expecting it to sell out early.

Did the TSV sell out, or even go limited? The last couple of shows I saw Alex was urging us to hurry up and order, otherwise we’d miss out ( in fact they seemed to be saying this from when it was launched!) I think they were expecting it to sell out early.
I think the 'Warm' option went limited in the 9pm show but no, none of them actually sold out.

I was trying to keep it to not overly expensive. Tom Ford 50mls £158. Also, not just a note of lavender but more soliflora.(sp)

Here is the list for lavender via Fragrantica

Serge Lutens Gris Claire is a lovely incense lavender, the Encen et Lavande only from the French boutique.

Not sure I agree about Chanel No 5 being considered old lady? That I would say IS seen as “classic” (and classy) even by teens I know?

Think “old lady” would be more like Yardley? Or Bronnley!

(Though to be fair I still love Yardley Lily of the Valley and I’m far from an old lady - I hope! 😉)

I’ll never forget, though, when my little niece - aged about 3 or 4 - disappeared upstairs and came down crying her eyes out bc she had accidentally doused herself in my Rochas Femme.
That really is a powerful, “older lady” perfume!!
Unfortunately, the classic Guerlain's are classed as old lady and other classics are also classed as old lady. I belong to Basenotes and Fragrantica forums and the number of times old lady is thrown at classic perfumes. Hence, members insist on saying classic. At our age we think of Yardley etc but women and even men in their 20s-30s think anything their mums wore as old lady.

I love Rochas Femme sugar plums and leather. I even own a vintage bottle from the early mid 80s before they reformulated it in 1989 and added cumin for some reason.

I was trying to keep it to not overly expensive. Tom Ford 50mls £158. Also, not just a note of lavender but more soliflora.(sp)

Here is the list for lavender via Fragrantica

Serge Lutens Gris Claire is a lovely incense lavender, the Encen et Lavande only from the French boutique.
Sorry I was not thinking about price!!
I couldn’t afford Tom Ford myself - sadly! Though I’ve smelt several samplers.

Unfortunately, the classic Guerlain's are classed as old lady and other classics are also classed as old lady. I belong to Basenotes and Fragrantica forums and the number of times old lady is thrown at classic perfumes. Hence, members insist on saying classic. At our age we think of Yardley etc but women and even men in their 20s-30s think anything their mums wore as old lady.

I love Rochas Femme sugar plums and leather. I even own a vintage bottle from the early mid 80s before they reformulated it in 1989 and added cumin for some reason.
Interesting. I think I thought that people seemed to term heavy, heady and especially Chypre perfumes as old-ladyish!
“At our age” - not sure how old you are (and don’t need to know LOL), but I’m very early forties so def not in old lady territory - yet! 😂
I know what you mean about thinking what your mum wore as old-fashioned though.

Back in the day my mum lived in Rive Gauche.

But these days, she has a hugely wide-ranging and quite daring tastes!
I also still quite like RG.

I remember, though, she quickly gave me the ‘Poison’ dad bought her in the early 90’s. I must’ve been about 14 and I *loved* it.

It does induce migraines in me now though! 😲

My grannie, however, was a bit of a Yardley and Bronnley devotee!

Think they still have that image to a lot of people - not helped by their presentation?

Plus they’re cheaper, simpler and not formulated or promoted for mass appeal or advertisement?

Think they each do a lavender scent, though I’ve not smelt either..
Ooh you lucky thing having a “vintage” Femme.

I’ve heard about how it was before the changes they made and would to have smelled it.. Do enjoy!
(I keep my modern one in its box and in dark cupboard but have noticed it’s gone very dark in colour and has changed a bit?)

Bronnley English Fern cologne is one of my favourite splash on fragrances and their Lemon and Neroli or their Lime and Bergamot spray EDT are perfect for Summer. Very fresh citrussy fragrances suitable for hot weather.
As for Rive Gauche, it reminds me of once being on holiday and I said to the lady sitting next to me how nice she smelled and asked her which perfume she was wearing ? She said " oh its River Gorge I wear it all the time ". I said River Gorge ????
She then fished the perfume out of her bag and it turned out to be Rive Gauche in its recognisable blue and silver tin. To this day I don`t know how I managed to keep a straight face.
I love the Houbigant perfume Quelques Fleurs and also their Iris Des Champs. I also have a bottle of Quelques Violettes and Quelques Roses but both are nigh on impossible to find these days plus very expensive if you do find them.
My late first husband used to buy me Chanel no 19 which I disliked but I never said so. I prefer No 5. but rarely wear it.

Sorry I was not thinking about price!!
I couldn’t afford Tom Ford myself - sadly! Though I’ve smelt several samplers.

Interesting. I think I thought that people seemed to term heavy, heady and especially Chypre perfumes as old-ladyish!
“At our age” - not sure how old you are (and don’t need to know LOL), but I’m very early forties so def not in old lady territory - yet! 😂
I know what you mean about thinking what your mum wore as old-fashioned though.

Back in the day my mum lived in Rive Gauche.

But these days, she has a hugely wide-ranging and quite daring tastes!
I also still quite like RG.

I remember, though, she quickly gave me the ‘Poison’ dad bought her in the early 90’s. I must’ve been about 14 and I *loved* it.

It does induce migraines in me now though! 😲

My grannie, however, was a bit of a Yardley and Bronnley devotee!

Think they still have that image to a lot of people - not helped by their presentation?

Plus they’re cheaper, simpler and not formulated or promoted for mass appeal or advertisement?

Think they each do a lavender scent, though I’ve not smelt either..
Ooh you lucky thing having a “vintage” Femme.

I’ve heard about how it was before the changes they made and would to have smelled it.. Do enjoy!
(I keep my modern one in its box and in dark cupboard but have noticed it’s gone very dark in colour and has changed a bit?)
Believe it or not, powdery is something that many consider old lady.

I first bought Femme at 16 in the 70s.

Poison was/is down right scary.

My granny never wore perfume of any sort.:cry:

My mum wore Youth Dew, another scary one. Madam Rochas I bought a vintage PDT bottle off eBay last year it is really lovely, but I remember thinking way back it was old smelling. Coty L'Amaint and I bought a bottle in Boots and had friends ask what it was as it was lovely. I was like really? It was just to remember my mum I bought.

My mum used Youth Dew as well, too oriental & strong for me.
Ive yet to find a modern perfume that I like. I still use the “ classics” that I discovered in my teens & twenties, luckily I stocked up so still have quite a few of the old bottles. Arpege, Chanel No5, Rochas Femme & Madame Rochas, the old Miss Dior ( not impressed with the modern interpretation) Caleche, Diorama, some of the Guerlains eg Vol de Nuit & L’Heure Bleu, less keen on Mitsouko though I have a couple of old bottles & have always really disliked Shalimar. Used to have some that a hard or impossible to get now Quelques Fleurs, Fidji but the one I mourn the loss of most was the absolutely beautiful Ecusson by Jean D’Albret.

L’Aimant was one of my first perfumes when I was a student along with Revlon Intimate & some of the Goya ones, Entice was particularly lovely. Even Max Factor produced some really quite nice ones, Electrique, Hypnotique, Primitif.

Last edited:
Nicest lavender range I`ve used is this one in the link. They grow their own lavender in their own fields and also distil it to make their own lavender oil which goes into the lavender products. All grown and made here in the UK and in small batches.
Might try this

Might try this
Sorry I took thread a bit (lot!) off topic of lavender fragrances and replacement for L’Occitane discontinued one!
If you try it hope you like it! And let us know!

Funny two people mentioned L’Aimant Coty...

I read the notes a couple of years ago and then it was in an Amazon Black Friday deal for about £3.50 (mad!), so I thought I’d buy it and maybe give to a niece.

I tried it and love it!
It can be quite strong but I really enjoy it and doesn’t smell old laddish to me?
I know what you mean about powdery notes though - I can kind of understand that!

My mum used Youth Dew as well, too oriental & strong for me.
Ive yet to find a modern perfume that I like. I still use the “ classics” that I discovered in my teens & twenties, luckily I stocked up so still have quite a few of the old bottles. Arpege, Chanel No5, Rochas Femme & Madame Rochas, the old Miss Dior ( not impressed with the modern interpretation) Caleche, Diorama, some of the Guerlains eg Vol de Nuit & L’Heure Bleu, less keen on Mitsouko though I have a couple of old bottles & have always really disliked Shalimar. Used to have some that a hard or impossible to get now Quelques Fleurs, Fidji but the one I mourn the loss of most was the absolutely beautiful Ecusson by Jean D’Albret.

L’Aimant was one of my first perfumes when I was a student along with Revlon Intimate & some of the Goya ones, Entice was particularly lovely. Even Max Factor produced some really quite nice ones, Electrique, Hypnotique, Primitif.
Very interesting - and some lovely fragrance memories!
Share a lot of your tastes!

Was given Chanel Coco Noir (love normal Coco anyway) when our dear friend died as she wore it and it had just come out and I would recommend that.

There are a few Floral Street perfumes I love too - got two or three sample sets to try them all!

Funny two people mentioned L’Aimant Coty...

I read the notes a couple of years ago and then it was in an Amazon Black Friday deal for about £3.50 (mad!), so I thought I’d buy it and maybe give to a niece.

I tried it and love it!
It can be quite strong but I really enjoy it and doesn’t smell old laddish to me?
I know what you mean about powdery notes though - I can kind of understand that!
Ah L'eau d'Old Laddish. Stale beer and old socks :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry, I know it's a typo but that made me laugh. Pure Mr CC.

CC

Bronnley English Fern cologne is one of my favourite splash on fragrances and their Lemon and Neroli or their Lime and Bergamot spray EDT are perfect for Summer. Very fresh citrussy fragrances suitable for hot weather.
As for Rive Gauche, it reminds me of once being on holiday and I said to the lady sitting next to me how nice she smelled and asked her which perfume she was wearing ? She said " oh its River Gorge I wear it all the time ". I said River Gorge ????
She then fished the perfume out of her bag and it turned out to be Rive Gauche in its recognisable blue and silver tin. To this day I don`t know how I managed to keep a straight face.
I love the Houbigant perfume Quelques Fleurs and also their Iris Des Champs. I also have a bottle of Quelques Violettes and Quelques Roses but both are nigh on impossible to find these days plus very expensive if you do find them.
My late first husband used to buy me Chanel no 19 which I disliked but I never said so. I prefer No 5. but rarely wear it.
Lemon and neroli and lime and bergamot both sound lovely and refreshing!
Have only ever bought Bronnley soaps though...

River gorge made me smile!

And never tried Chanel number 19...
Like number 5 but find it quite strong these days but absolutely iconic!

Anyone know of a decent lavender fragrance? Shay and Blue did one Suffolk lavender and it was beautiful. I don’t think they do it anymore.
Yardley now do a fragrance called English Lavender it’s nothing like pure lavender scent.
For that you’d want their “Original lavender” fragrance..

It’s currently on amazon for £9.99 for 125ml...
(The more recent English Lavender also on their for £7.99!)

Latest posts

Back