L’Occitane TSV 21/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really disliked the Cacherel fragrances, they were everywhere in the same way Charlie was. The one I dreaded my mum wearing was Ma griffe by Carven... I struggled to inhale when she wore it because it smelled so foul to me. I wonder how I would react to it now?
That name always reminded me of a fart - and yes, from what I remember that's exactly what it smelled of. I remember my ex husband used to tell me that he used to love his ex girlfriend's perfume "Cabochard" . I was not all that happy with the idea of smelling of his ex, however out of curiosity I decided to give it a try in case I loved it - I didnt! I didn't actually buy it, just squirted a tester, and the funny thing is, either it had worn off by the time the old man got home, or I'd had a good scrub (probably that) but he didn't notice!

I wore Lou Lou and a friend told me it smelt like beer! :eek:

Avon, I have a bottle of Occur which I got for £2.50 from Avon. The opening I dislike but the dry down it gorgeous. They discontinue it and bring it back every so often. It was released in 1963.

Giorgio of Beverley Hills, before that Tweed and Poison were 3 of my most hated perfumes.I did wear Lou Lou & Anais Anais, in fact I think I still have some stashed away in a dark box.My favourites were Patou Joy, bought a small bottle a couple of years ago, Dirorella & Diorissimo.In fact I rarely wear perfumes these days but may think of treating myself as there is a local perfume emporium which must have all perfumes known to man, it is mind blowing.

There is a guy on Basenotes who does seem to buy every new perfume. People even mention his collection must be massive. But, it is his money and what he wants to collect.

I admit I have many perfumes, wear a different one each day. Basenotes has a synch Friday tomorrow is leather as a note, so I will join in no idea which one I will pick? I get up in the morning and which ever one speaks to me is the one I wear usually.

Giorgio of Beverley Hills, before that Tweed and Poison were 3 of my most hated perfumes.I did wear Lou Lou & Anais Anais, in fact I think I still have some stashed away in a dark box.My favourites were Patou Joy, bought a small bottle a couple of years ago, Dirorella & Diorissimo.In fact I rarely wear perfumes these days but may think of treating myself as there is a local perfume emporium which must have all perfumes known to man, it is mind blowing.
Horrible, horrible stuff.
I worked in kennels when I was younger. I remember a lady who seemed to have bathed in the stuff coming to look round before boarding her dog with us. As she went around trying to “coochi coo” all the residents, they were backing away from her…..she probably went away thinking we were beating them all regularly.
I have some Anais Anais lurking somewhere.
Generally I stick with Rose fragrances. Paul Smith Rose or Miller and Harris’ one, whose name escapes me.

Horrible, horrible stuff.
I worked in kennels when I was younger. I remember a lady who seemed to have bathed in the stuff coming to look round before boarding her dog with us. As she went around trying to “coochi coo” all the residents, they were backing away from her…..she probably went away thinking we were beating them all regularly.
I have some Anais Anais lurking somewhere.
Generally I stick with Rose fragrances. Paul Smith Rose or Miller and Harris’ one, whose name escapes me.
Rose Silence?

I wear Molton Brown pink peppercorn fragrance on special occasions and Johan Musk is my everyday one.
I followed the Molton Brown Special Sale link from in the Bargains Section and placed a Christmas order for hubby, my chosen free sample was a boxed spray vial of the Molton Brown Pink Peppercorn. 😊

Warming Eucalyptus is not in the sale won't be buying fro MB this year
It's currently on a Black Friday deal from Amazon Boffy. Just over £17.00 IIRC. I might have two bottles of it coming today 😂😂

Edit, £17.60 per bottle. Not the biggest saving in the world but I was out of stock in my defence.

Attachments

• 7BCF5CF3-20F3-446B-A9CD-7F8F70A71805.jpeg
    7BCF5CF3-20F3-446B-A9CD-7F8F70A71805.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 57
Regarding L'occitane body products, did any of you see a video from Alexis Murdoch (when she was talking about the L'occitane Divine Immortelle range) say "our face products are far superior to our body products"?
Big mistake for my money as it's really put me off them

Latest posts

Back