L’Occitane TSV 21/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here for the last about a month we have only been getting post about twice a week, and I live a couple of miles from the sorting office.
My post has been OK recently but was hit or miss in the peak of the pingDemic. (Autocorrect won’t let me spell that any other way, 😡.) However we were outside having a drink on Boxing Day and a Royal Mail delivery van rolled up and delivered a couple of parcels. On Boxing Day! Which was a Sunday! I couldn’t believe it, and needless to say my parcels weren’t on it.

I was trying to keep it to not overly expensive. Tom Ford 50mls £158. Also, not just a note of lavender but more soliflora.(sp)

Here is the list for lavender via Fragrantica

Serge Lutens Gris Claire is a lovely incense lavender, the Encen et Lavande only from the French boutique.

Unfortunately, the classic Guerlain's are classed as old lady and other classics are also classed as old lady. I belong to Basenotes and Fragrantica forums and the number of times old lady is thrown at classic perfumes. Hence, members insist on saying classic. At our age we think of Yardley etc but women and even men in their 20s-30s think anything their mums wore as old lady.

I love Rochas Femme sugar plums and leather. I even own a vintage bottle from the early mid 80s before they reformulated it in 1989 and added cumin for some reason.
My nan used to wear Tweed and she had very small bottles of Soir de Paris.

My nan used to wear Tweed and she had very small bottles of Soir de Paris.
My post has been OK recently but was hit or miss in the peak of the pingDemic. (Autocorrect won’t let me spell that any other way, 😡.) However we were outside having a drink on Boxing Day and a Royal Mail delivery van rolled up and delivered a couple of parcels. On Boxing Day! Which was a Sunday! I couldn’t believe it, and needless to say my parcels weren’t on it.
Our post has been very poor these past months sometimes once a week.. We get other people's post and the postie once told me it was the correct address. I stated I live here and its NOT the correct address.

Last Christmas my postman said there was a pile of parcels the size of Blackpool Tower in the Edinburgh depot because of Covid and no staff. Things did arrive but not until the new year. Maybe Hermes is the same and there's just too many deliveries and not enough drivers.

CC
I think so my parcel from Amazon was late and when it came she said that she had been isolating for 10 days and there was no one else to take her round.

I am sitting waiting on a parcel delivered by Hermes between 4-6 pm today. It moved quite quickly from central sorting in England to Belfast. As I am an upstairs flat I just know he will go to the house next door so listening for the van to stop.

Update. So 6 pm arrived and no parcel. Then I get an email saying my parcel had been left on the porch at 4.38 pm! So it must have arrived not long after I arrived from work. No knocking just leave take a photo which they included a link with the email.

Well
a) that’s appalling service but much as expected these days,
b) that’s marvellous news that you finally got your parcel! 👍

I think so my parcel from Amazon was late and when it came she said that she had been isolating for 10 days and there was no one else to take her round.
We have been very lucky with Amazon but it’s London… you’re lucky if you see the same chap twice. I think we benefit from the larger depots etc and a large workforce, but of course its impossible to establish a rapport with the couriers. Ditto Hermes. Even if you get a good guy, they don’t stay for long.

We have been lucky in our Amazon deliveries not so good with Hermes and absolute rubbish with DPD so much so I won’t buy if I think they are the couriers.

Amazon opened a big hub near us in time for Christmas so lots of jobs on offer but as our deliveries are good anyway I cant see this making any improvement to us personally.

We have been lucky in our Amazon deliveries not so good with Hermes and absolute rubbish with DPD so much so I won’t buy if I think they are the couriers.

Amazon opened a big hub near us in time for Christmas so lots of jobs on offer but as our deliveries are good anyway I cant see this making any improvement to us personally.
Back in 2019 before Covid, a friend's grandson got a job with the warehouse as a temp over Xmas. He loved the job and for him the pay at a 17 year £11+ an hour brilliant. He really wanted to stay on, but Amazon let all the Xmas temps go.

I’ve had no trouble with Amazon or Hermes deliveries. In fact they’re arriving before the due date.

Amazon & Hermes have been really good here, especially our Hermes chap, he even makes a fuss of my dogs.
DPD have been dreadful. Not even trying to deliver but leaving stuff at a pick up point.

DPD don’t even deliver. In the past I have taken 4 separate days off work for a delivery which either never arrived or arrived incomplete. In the end i had to refuse delivery in order to cancel the process. They made Ryanair look like a blue chip company

Yodel, get my prize for moron delivery drivers.

Now, I do live in an upstairs flat, it was built to look like a house, so downstairs is 40 with their own front garden path and number on the door. On the instructions for delivery I put black metal gate beside lamp post with wooden fence, front door faces away from main street. They do use stat I do know but every Yodel driver insists on putting my parcels in the blue bin of the detached house next door number 44! It does not have a lamp post, and they have a brick wall not a wooden fence. The Polish family who lived there got used to me rummaging in their blue recycling bin. They used to wave at me and mouth Parcel through the living room window.

The woman who lives there now is very quick at answering the door to delivery drivers and pointing where number 42 is. It feels like training a dog where to go.

When I can I do click and collect. My recent deliveries have all been Royal Mail, Hermes or DHL. All these provide good service. Hermes falls down when the regular driver is off. RM is pretty much the same whether it's the usual postie or a substitute. DHL are very professional and I have had different drivers each time, as far as I know.
When I was regularly working in an office, I had had a lot of issues with Hermes simply returning everything to Q without a single delivery attempt, both to home and work addresses. With Q I used to place my order and then phone CS to get the courier changed. I only had good experiences with DPD.
Yodel are terrible. I know all delivery drivers are under huge time pressure, but it's no excuse for leaving parcels basically on the street, or being aggressively rude when spoken too.

I have had the occasional disaster with all of them, but the worst for me is Parcelforce. In fact after they lost one case of wine I actually asked Laithwaites to ensure it was resent by their usual Yodel! I couldn’t believe I was doing that. And then after Laithwaites said they would get that out to me and arrange for the original to be returned to them, ParcelForce turned up with it, and very battered it was too. The delivery chap was seriously pissed off when I refused to accept it, really grumpy. I find Yodel and DPD quite good for their tracking, or specific delivery times.

Just had an order from Floris delivered by a company I`ve never heard of, APC Overnight. They`re a new delivery service to me but I`ve no complaints about them.

I am getting rather irked with Amazon, not even knocking now, happened 3 times out my last 4 deliveries. The first time it was left behind my bins by the side of the house and I saw the van and went to the door to see what was happening, a stranger across the street (standard long street) told me this and tbh I think he had his eyes in it and only told me because he saw me. Other times it's just left on front door step, no knock, just left. They knocked all through lockdown.

Latest posts

Back