L(a)B not with QVC anymore ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was surprised to hear from a young colleague that she had 2 degrees. Neither anything to do with her chosen profession where she started at the bottom and had to do 3 more years and exams via work.

Notice it says that Lauren 'studied', whereas Charlotte 'gained'. subtle difference.
It was probably written by their marketing adviser or the person who designed their website & they used two different words to make it more interesting. I've never heard anyone say they gained their degree but have when someone talks about their Masters; this could be because it requires more independent study & sometimes a work placement.

I was surprised to hear from a young colleague that she had 2 degrees. Neither anything to do with her chosen profession where she started at the bottom and had to do 3 more years and exams via work.
My sister has two degrees. The first one I think was politics or something and she was a nanny and then she worked for a company proof reading and editing texts. Her second was in social work and she has been employed in that profession ever since. You have to do a degree that enters you into a job where vacancies are plentiful. A degree in politics does not mean you're going to be Prime Minister (god forbid my sister would be that!!).

CC

We do indeed and these days work is a bit thin on the ground. If you don't have the security of an employer, being on the payroll and receiving your monthly salary then you actually do have to go where the money is. However, I think it's going where the money is to exploit people is a bit iffy but that's the product seller not the models.

CC

In your opinion the products don't work - others find they do. Maybe it's down to expectations, there's no miracle product.
For classic models work is very limited in print, not sure what you mean by "pack shot"?. Editorial is a speciality of its own where a particular body shape is needed. With the general lifestyle modelling that most of the older classic models do, work is very limited at the moment with most companies wanting "real" couples or families due to Covid. The benefit of working at QVC/Ideal World is that it's regular work and if you don't live too far from them it makes sense to take up the opportunity of work.
Are we still doing this?

Lets look at the evidence for the LAB products not working/producing the advertised results:
There are/were Many very poor reviews about the LAB products on Q.
LAB have now been dropped from Q.
A lot of these products are currently online with TK Maax - a discount retailer known for buying up 'excess'/'surplus' stock.
A forumite bought a Lab product, it didn't work, so they sold it on eBay & subsequently had to refund the purchaser....because it didn't work.

I'm done with this banality.

I’m currently testing this, purchased with 20% code.
I’m using it with prolagene gel on my marionette lines (they just make me look sad all the time) & hooded eyes. Do not have any wrinkles, just these issues.
If it doesn’t help I’ll return.

I’m currently testing this, purchased with 20% code.
I’m using it with prolagene gel on my marionette lines (they just make me look sad all the time) & hooded eyes. Do not have any wrinkles, just these issues.
If it doesn’t help I’ll return.
Another brand did.this.product.some years back. Talika is the brand it was using lights and said NASA invented the tech behind it. Not sure but was £30+.

I like the "fat Freeze" its expensive but brilliant really really has helped me with inch loss and staying the size I want to be. I imagine a lot of people did not want to keep it because it cost £200.00 imo its one of the very best things I have bought from QVC I use it all over the body time consuming but worth the effort!

I like the "fat Freeze" its expensive but brilliant really really has helped me with inch loss and staying the size I want to be. I imagine a lot of people did not want to keep it because it cost £200.00 imo its one of the very best things I have bought from QVC I use it all over the body time consuming but worth the effort!
It is reassuring to hear that some of these expensive products do what they say.

Are we still doing this?

Lets look at the evidence for the LAB products not working/producing the advertised results:
There are/were Many very poor reviews about the LAB products on Q.
LAB have now been dropped from Q.
A lot of these products are currently online with TK Maax - a discount retailer known for buying up 'excess'/'surplus' stock.
A forumite bought a Lab product, it didn't work, so they sold it on eBay & subsequently had to refund the purchaser....because it didn't work.

I'm done with this banality.
Still not relevant to whether a professional model should demonstrate their products!

Latest posts

Back