La Diva - what is SHE wearing!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chess

Registered Shopper
Have just seen Julia Roberts in the Oreck show. If she's not having a mid-life crisis ........!!!!! She's beyond ridiculous and yet clearly thinks she's God's gift to the world of fashion - has Glen Campbell become her dresser??!!

well she is doing a cleaning show .... and from a distance she looks like a french maid!

At least she isn't wearing the toe posts, leggings and purple sleeveless top that upsets so many people.

Just watching live show on computer. Hubby comes in, and says..."Is that a bib that she's wearing?" And he wasn't joking, he genuinely thought it was some kind of bib because there's food about.- LOL!

I just went in search of the product videos expecting to see some ghastly ensemble making JR look like mutton dressed as chavvy lamb:cheeky: Instead, what I saw was a very smart JR in a lovely, age appropriate, black dress with tights and boots. I think she looked great! DRess probably not my cup of tea, but it suits her figure, she didn't have anything hanging out and it showed off her fab arms! Can't see anything wrong with it other than putting it down to individual taste. I hope that I can still get away with outfits like this at her age - good on her. :rock:

For those that didn't see her...

Attachments

• JR2.jpg
    JR2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
well she is doing a cleaning show .... and from a distance she looks like a french maid!

Last night on the cleaning show... from a distance she looked a dead ringer for Max Wall .:mysmilie_61:
Not a good look for a woman of fifty something imo.:grin:

Sorry but I thought she looked good too. I thought the dress really suited her and she looked quite smart! My tv is really small - just a portable and friends keep telling me to change it, but I also think her arms look really toned and I wish mine had definition like that.

I think it looks ok too! Perhaps a bit young but she is happy with her new shape so why not!

I just went in search of the product videos expecting to see some ghastly ensemble making JR look like mutton dressed as chavvy lamb:cheeky: Instead, what I saw was a very smart JR in a lovely, age appropriate, black dress with tights and boots. I think she looked great! DRess probably not my cup of tea, but it suits her figure, she didn't have anything hanging out and it showed off her fab arms! Can't see anything wrong with it other than putting it down to individual taste. I hope that I can still get away with outfits like this at her age - good on her. :rock:

For those that didn't see her...

I didn't see the show but from that clip I think she looks great too. Not so sure myself if mini skirts are appropriate unless you're a teenager or in your 20's, but hey ho, if you've got good legs then why not!

What should women in their 50's wear? Furry booties, long tweed skirts, twinset and pearls maybe? :giggle:

I couldn't believe it when she came on in that outfit, the dress is horrendous and the boots just as bad. Why everyone thinks she has well toned arms beats me, when she raises them just a little it shows loads of flabby flesh, not a good look especially when it's in close up. I think she probably is having a bit of a midlife crisis, there has to be some excuse for going on air looking like that. I actually felt a bit sorry for her in that she has nobody brave or close enough to tell her.

Here we go yet another thread blasting Julia's appearence with obligatory Max Wall references. Seems there's no pleasing some people, whatever the poor woman wears she gets booed.
I think she looked fine in that dress, can't see the problem with her arms, don't mind if she lives in the toe-post sandals or zip leggings either if she's comfy and confident in them. Good for her.

I couldn't believe it when she came on in that outfit, the dress is horrendous and the boots just as bad. Why everyone thinks she has well toned arms beats me, when she raises them just a little it shows loads of flabby flesh, not a good look especially when it's in close up. I think she probably is having a bit of a midlife crisis, there has to be some excuse for going on air looking like that. I actually felt a bit sorry for her in that she has nobody brave or close enough to tell her.

As someone around JR's age I feel I can speak. There are hard and fast rules when you are our age. If your body is toned (and her's is of course), there is no scaffolding underneath to support the skin and so it looks all saggy. If your body isn't toned it just looks flabby. Either way certain areas should be kept covered:-

Shoulders
Upper arms
Legs above the knee cap

There is no need to look old and frumpy. Just dress stylishly but appropriate to your age. Helen Mirren is a good example, she always looks great.

JR's 22 year old daughter could have worn that outfit (minus the boots maybe, they were just wrong) and looked fab.

It's just my opinion of course :flower:

I wasn't so keen on the dress either, but have to say that I thought Julia looked much better last night than she has done for a while now.

As someone around JR's age I feel I can speak. There are hard and fast rules when you are our age. If your body is toned (and her's is of course), there is no scaffolding underneath to support the skin and so it looks all saggy. If your body isn't toned it just looks flabby. Either way certain areas should be kept covered:-

Shoulders
Upper arms
Legs above the knee cap

There is no need to look old and frumpy. Just dress stylishly but appropriate to your age. Helen Mirren is a good example, she always looks great.
JR's 22 year old daughter could have worn that outfit (minus the boots maybe, they were just wrong) and looked fab.

It's just my opinion of course :flower:

The dress just looked too short and the boots didn't work, I think a more fitted pair of boots were needed for that dress.

I agree 100% about dressing appropriately, Dame Judy Dench is another "lady of an age" as GC would say and she always looks fabulous.

Not sure about the length of the dress but what strikes me is that she has lost a lot of weight, her hips are tiny, legs very slim and she looks very trim.

I didn't see the show but from that clip I think she looks great too. Not so sure myself if mini skirts are appropriate unless you're a teenager or in your 20's, but hey ho, if you've got good legs then why not!

What should women in their 50's wear? Furry booties, long tweed skirts, twinset and pearls maybe? :giggle:

I am well past Fifty and hand on heart I don't wear furry booties tweed skirts or twinsets, but I can honestly say that I have never dressed like an extra for the film 'St Trinians' I agree the close up shots of Julia last night weren't too bad but the long distance shots were beyond funny/silly, again of course imho.

Last edited:
Did a double take when I first saw her as I thought she had something really low cut on. Shes getting far too thin IMO.Needs to slow up on the dieting before it gets out of control.

Latest posts

Back