Laura Geller Eye Rimz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
My Laura Geller Portofino duo arrived - the blush 'n highlighter is excellent and looks fab when applied. The kit came with an Eye Rimz - the sateen eyeshadow is lovely and I followed Laura's instructions about applying the eye-rimz. I wet the baked shadow and used my Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush to apply it. Looks lovely - a deep charcoal teal shade drawn across the lash line of my upper eyelid. All well and good so far. However, within half and hour, I have a light teal shadow across my upper eyelid (from where its come into contact with my lower lid probably when blinking or such like. I have to keep wiping it away every hour or so. I never get this using my Smashbox or Bare Minerals pencil eyeliners. I love the application and the intensity of colour of the Eye-Rimz but its utterly useless if I'm going to get creasing marks across my upper eyelids. Has anyone else experienced this or got a solution to the problem??

Yes, me.
I bought Eye-Rimz a few years ago, can't remember if it was 2 or 3 shades in a little palette and within 30 minutes I just had a black smear on my eyelid.

I'm being thick here. So you're using this wallop as an eyeliner on your upper or lower lid? Or both? And where is it smudging on the lid you put it on or t'other? Either which way that doesn't sound right. I do have a duo from LG which is an eye rimz and a shadow and although I don't use the eye rimz very often it does stay put. But I rarely wear eyeshadow so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I use Bare Minerals eyeliner. It's a weeny pot and I keep thinking I'll need another but it has lasted for at least two years. The one I wear is a dark brown with a hint of green. It's the same application method though but I use an artist's brush not a makeup brush. Can't imagine the brush makes much difference though.

Don't Benefit do a bombproof liquid to use with powder eyeliners?! That might be worth a go.

I'm being thick here. So you're using this wallop as an eyeliner on your upper or lower lid? Or both? And where is it smudging on the lid you put it on or t'other? Either which way that doesn't sound right. I do have a duo from LG which is an eye rimz and a shadow and although I don't use the eye rimz very often it does stay put. But I rarely wear eyeshadow so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I can't speak for Flamenco, but I bought Rimz palette because the concept that Laura sold was you basically just rimmed your eyes & you were good to go. You did not need eye shadow or even mascara if you didn't want to, the Rimz would give definition. Dutifully, I rimmed my eyes as the Q demo showed, but the colour just melted away leaving a sooty mess.

Are you lining the inner rim of the eye?? As only waterproof liner will stay on there for any length of time. I have an eye rim bought from ebay a bronze shade. But its not really all that and I hardly use it, and always just dry along the top lashes.

I imagine you have hooded lids and are putting it along the top lash line as you would smashbox or Bobbi Brown?? I have no solutions but the same thing happens to me with the eye rimz! I juust use it along the bottom lash line now and stick with teh BB for the top as it doesnt budge!

I can't see how the eye rimz would replace mascara, eye shadow and eyeliner, Min. I'm not doubting it's what LG said but it's just a bliddy eyeliner!

I am just using it across the top lash line. I'm not using it to line under my eyes or inside the rim of the lower eyelid. I am doing it exactly as per the demonstration on la Q but it clearly has no staying power like other liners (and clearly isn't smudge proof) and I end up with a shadow line on my upper eyelids. My eyes arent hooded per se but they are set back a bit. I don't have any problems with other liners with this issue so must be the Eye Rimz product. Not happy as I can't return it as I intend to keep the Portofino/Como blush highlighter thingy.

I can't see how the eye rimz would replace mascara, eye shadow and eyeliner, Min. I'm not doubting it's what LG said but it's just a bliddy eyeliner!

I often just fine line my eyes top & bottom. Most days I use Maybelline unstoppable in pewter. They haven't fainted on seeing me in the Co-op yet lol
If I'm going out (and I vaguely remember doing that), the Big Boys come out - Bobbi Brown & I'll use mascara, but not lashings of the stuff. It's all got to come off & I hate messing with the eye area.

The whole point of LG spiel about Rimz was that -
- if you were a busy Mum on the school run (blah-blah), this would be quick so you did not feel naked
- as you get older, often your top lid disappears so don't bother with shadow, just use her Rimz.

As my lids had all but disappeared, it made sense to me. Now that I've got my lids back, they can come out to play!

The plum was fabby - it just did not stay put.

Latest posts

Back