Laura Geller TSV 18/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beginning to think they should sack all the presenters & just let the guests present their own products. If they need a conversation going they could chat to the models instead of having them sit there like stuffed dummies.

My foundation is almost as pink as Ethereal Rose. The photo doesn't do it much justice it really is very pink but I think I'm going to like it.

IMG_5140.jpg IMG_5145.jpg

I just got my Medium and wondered if they had sent Tan!! I tried a quick brush over the one I am wearing and don't think it is too dark so it must look deeper in the compact. I can't work out exactly where to use ER. It is too pale for a blush for me, but for all over the face it seems to have a lot of shimmer. Can you swirl the two blushes together? I did like the eyeliner and I tested one coat of mascara and my eyes haven't gone nuts yet, yay. The lipstick doesn't seem to have much staying power but I would wear a gloss anyway.

That's why I stopped using LG years ago, it was hit and miss as to wether you got the right swirls in the compact to make it the colour you ordered, I found that my Fair was definitely a "Medium" not just the once, but every time I ordered, I know because I compared the two so I decided not to bother anymore.

I ordered this as just started using Laura Geller again when working crack of dawn shifts. It’s ideal as a ultra quick way of not looking totally peaky on those early starts. Haven’t received it yet. Ordered fair as B&G in medium was way too faux tan for me when I first got it when first released so hoping it’s not really pale. I did think Laura’s complexion looked oddly pale this weekend too.

I ordered fair this time and am hoping it's not quite as pinky as the B&B - previously I'd ordered the supersize of the medium B&G when it was BPOTM as I was assured it was much lighter than the B&B. I looked like I had a five o'clock shadow :mysmilie_10:

I also bought medium B&G when it was BPOTM and it was way too light

It's the one at the bottom

IMG_4023.jpg

wow thats not great. i can't buy make up from qvc stopped years and years ago. they make wild claims about how long lasting things are and don't get me started about texture and colour. they never show you someone putting the make up on from the bullet or pallet so you get an idea on the texture, colour or how the product applies on the skin. its a total waste of money imo. its a shame as they are good value but i just kept sending items back or throwing stuff away

Good lord, that is light isn't it - the one I got looks like Tan

View attachment 14886

Mine was so yellow and shiny that I looked like a tin man and it had no coverage just the shine, or may be I was afraid to put too much on it was so shiny. It went back. I remember at the time people were complaining they ordered Medium and Tan and both looked identical, people thought there was a mix up with the labelling.

Pleased I didn't go for this but shine isn't my 'thing' now.I remember years ago going into the Studio in NY to get a small size B&B & they opened several compacts so I could choose the shade I wanted--& they were all labelled the same.So it would appear it is a lucky dip as to the mix of colours.

I got my TSV yesterday and must say I am very pleased with it - it's the quality I would have expected from LG TSVs a few years ago and I like the look of everything in it. I tried the B&G this morning and think it's probably best used as a setting powder for a liquid foundation as I look a bit 'disco' this morning but all in all, I'm very pleased I bought the TSV.

I got mine yesterday too and I’m very pleased with it as I always am with Laura Geller

I think that the lipstick is rubbish but I only wore it once so the jury is still out, people say it has no staying power and I agree. It just sits on the lips, not the way I like my lipstick to be. Not much colour either.

I like the nude shade of the lipstick but can't decide if I will use it as a lipstick under a gloss, or if it is shiny enough to use over a lipstick as a gloss. It certainly isnt strong enough to use on its own unless you just go for the light cover of a lip balm product, IMHO.

Mine arrived yesterday too & im liking it. The blusher is very like the original full sized Ethereal Rose, that I still have,in that half of the compact. Really like the liner & shadow,nice dark brown with no hint of orange. I'm using the foundation as a finishing powder too so less shiny. Not keen on the mascara but was expecting that as I find LG ones never have enough oomph for my short pale lashes. The lipstick is more of a gloss, not heavy,nice nude colour. I find it works fine over a base layer of Max Factor Lipfinity in a pale shade which is what I usually do otherwise lipsticks tend to disappear on me. Everything about me is very pale ( well they do say people look like their dogs!) so long lasting dark/bright lipsticks make me look like the walking dead but this way paler ones stick around longer.

I haven't tried Ethereal Rose but used the Satin Berry this morning and like it very much. The mascara I used before and this one seems dry I didn't get much length or volume out of it.

Latest posts

Back