Laura Geller TSV - Beauty Day 25/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What fantastic photos! Thank you.

The lip colour is very dark but it is a balm so may not have that depth to it when worn.

I wondered about going lighter from Medium and bought the newly introduced Light some time ago. To my mind it has quite a yellow tone to it so I have returned to Medium which is more beige I think, and better for a pink tone. But I am certainly no expert, lol.

Can I ask what colour foundation you went for Scoobylou?I always used to go for medium but its seems to dark for me now , and a bit orangey,used to like it years ago, but gone of it a bit because of that and feel I perhaps need a lighter shade. I really appreciate the photos as the lipstick looks far darker than I thought, and am not sure it will suit me,

The Balance-n-Glow in my photo is shade 'Light'.
For the last year, I've been using 'Fair' (I bought it before the Light shade existed and I've had it stashed away) it's too pale for me so I've gone a bit darker this time and bought the Light.
I wear 'Light' in Balance-n-Brighten aswell.
The lipstick is not as dark as it appears in the photo. I would say it's more like a mauvey/pink.
It adjusts to people's skin so I'm sure it will suit you.

Mine arrived today.
surprised to see scoobylou’s photos as mine isn’t the same The lipstick is boxed in mine but the foundation isn’t, it’s pushed into a round hollow in the plastic like the blusher.

89C1167F-0B17-47A0-9EE2-63ED9AF3048E.jpeg

Gone are the days when AY would only work with natural models.
It's a complete fecking joke. They probably all see the same Frankenstein. Maybe they all get group discount.

Also, I know she may have said that in the past, but it's not true. Look how long Tiffs been at it, & she's had years of 'unnatural'

I've never worn make up, just the odd bit of lippy. I always think I look like a clown when I try it. The only time I've every worn it was when a MB shop did a free make up (which was lovely even in my eyes) and when I once went for a photoshoot. Foundation always looks wrong on me, like I've painted my face lol.

CC

Candycane, you could try tinted moisturizer. Very lightweight colour wise.

Foundation is something you really need to get right colour wise going to a counter you trust or like the products and getting them to colour match you.

I love makeup but only started wearing in my 20s. With wearing a mask haven't worn any for a long time. I am thinking of just doing my eyes with the mask situation?

Candycane, you could try tinted moisturizer. Very lightweight colour wise.

Foundation is something you really need to get right colour wise going to a counter you trust or like the products and getting them to colour match you.

I love makeup but only started wearing in my 20s. With wearing a mask haven't worn any for a long time. I am thinking of just doing my eyes with the mask situation?
Since masks became trendy I’ve just applied a bit of foundation and used eye pencil & mascara on my eyes. No lippy !

Why can't Q do such good photos? Scoobylou - well done, and thank you!
Mine arrived today.
surprised to see scoobylou’s photos as mine isn’t the same The lipstick is boxed in mine but the foundation isn’t, it’s pushed into a round hollow in the plastic like the blusher.

View attachment 21056
What shade did you order for the foundation?
It could be the reason why there's a difference.
Or that they had separate production to make the numbers and for one of them the foundation was already boxed. While a machine can easily and quickly mould a different interior packaging, humans would have to physically unbox the boxed stuff, which would have been too expensive.

I left ordering mine until this morning and the light i wanted seemed to have sold out but luckily got one, so someone must have not checked theirs out, phew! I do wonder if I will use some of the colours in the palette but will give it a go as love the look of the other bits, hope everyone who has gone for it, is pleased with it

Why can't Q do such good photos? Scoobylou - well done, and thank you!

What shade did you order for the foundation?
It could be the reason why there's a difference.
Or that they had separate production to make the numbers and for one of them the foundation was already boxed. While a machine can easily and quickly mould a different interior packaging, humans would have to physically unbox the boxed stuff, which would have been too expensive.
I got the porcelain

I didn’t go for the TSV because I have plenty of balance and brighten and balance and glow so don’t need any more. I also have enough eye shadow to last me ages.

I have succumbed to the 4x Nails Inc varnish remover pits because I’m on my last one and have also bought the 2x hydrating base coat. I’m buying nothing else today.

I had a look at the reviews. So the lipstick looks red but people saying it's a weird peach colour?

Quite a few one star reviews too.
Ooh that's odd. When I looked it had nearly all 5 star reviews. Ordered it last night, so hope I've done the right thing.

Latest posts

Back