Lectures from Mike

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
Is this guy actually a parody?

He's flogging one of their cheap suits and I'm actually considering if this is all one elaborate comedy sketch.

He was just yelling "IF YOU GO FOR AN INTERVIEW, WEAR A SUIT. LOOK SMART LIKE ME. I LIKE TO LOOK GOOD. MAKE AN IMPRESSION. DO NOT TURN UP LATE."

He then boasted about the price of HIS suit, and how he wishes he could get a suit as cheap as £30 that looked good... Umm.

It's one of the most patronising things I think I've seen for a while. Why does he feel the need to lecture the audience who he evidently thinks are thick as ****?

Last edited:
So Bid ban their staff from purchasing do they? Force them to go to really expensive shops? I totally agree with you he is laughing at us. Love to hear M&M defend this. I have no problem with him being richer than me and going to more expensive shops but be honest FFS.

PJ.

His lectures seem the norm now, I was just saying something similar in the ridiculousness thread.

It's strange that he feels in a position to lecture on first impressions though. Sure he wears nice suits but a skinhead that sounds like him wouldn't impress many people I know and i'm far from posh.

Heaven knows who he thinks he's kidding.

Last edited:
please remember everybody he does not spend a lot of money

ignore the suits, the shoes, the socks, the ski socks, the ski gear, the london place he stays and you to could look like mr mason

please remember everybody he does not spend a lot of money

ignore the suits, the shoes, the socks, the ski socks, the ski gear, the london place he stays and you to could look like mr mason

The day I decide my career/life prospects will be materially enhanced by looking and sounding like a two bit market trader from the Isle of Sheppey (or whichever place he was invented) i'll look to him for inspiration.

Until then...................

He was muttering something towards the end of Sally's stint the other evening. She said 'what was that Mike?'

MM 'the expert, she wants me bad'

Sally 'the expert?'

MM 'yeah the DOTD (the hair oil stuff) expert, she wants me bad'

Sally 'you reckon everybody wants you bad'

Do they ever sell mirrors?

He was muttering something towards the end of Sally's stint the other evening. She said 'what was that Mike?'

MM 'the expert, she wants me bad'

Sally 'the expert?'

MM 'yeah the DOTD (the hair oil stuff) expert, she wants me bad'

Sally 'you reckon everybody wants you bad'

Do they ever sell mirrors?

That kind of phrase gives me the creeps. TV stars are hitting the headlines for doing the most terrible things at the moment and just to be clear I am not linking Mike to that in anyway shape or form but phrases like she wants me bad IMHO should never been said outloud never mind on TV. Women are not objects whoes only goal in life is to get a man. I am gonna invent a time machine and send Mason back to cavemen times where he can club things and bring it back to his lady slash goddess. Just to say again I am not linking Mike but that phrase reminded me of what JS said about his campervan on HIGNFY when they said what do you do in it "anyone I can get my hands on"

PJ

That kind of phrase gives me the creeps. TV stars are hitting the headlines for doing the most terrible things at the moment and just to be clear I am not linking Mike to that in anyway shape or form but phrases like she wants me bad IMHO should never been said outloud never mind on TV. Women are not objects whoes only goal in life is to get a man. I am gonna invent a time machine and send Mason back to cavemen times where he can club things and bring it back to his lady slash goddess. Just to say again I am not linking Mike but that phrase reminded me of what JS said about his campervan on HIGNFY when they said what do you do in it "anyone I can get my hands on"

PJ

I thought that immediately I heard him PJ.

It's bad, he should stop it. I know he's always done it and it's a bit like a catchphrase of his but it's not on.

There are some very inappropriate comments being made by a variety of presenters right now. I totally get that presenting hour after hour of Live TV cannot easy but maybe they should think a little bit more about what is being said on air.

Then again they say a lot of things that (literally) beggar belief so maybe we shouldn't be that surprised.

Peter Slimemon is typical of this type of behaviour particularly with Lisa Brash. The other night he grabbed her to talk about Sen creams. The comments and innuendo that he spouted was nothing short of disgusting not withstanding considering that the watershed hadn't even passed, had that been any other company he would have been sacked for some of the stuff he came out with to Lisa. As for Mr Mason, I couldn't comment. Every time I hear his dulcet cockney overtures I turn over asap.

Last edited:

PJ

Are you for real???? By putting your comments about Mike next to comments about
the disgusting low life's in the tabloids you are indeed making a comparison.
That is bordering on slander (despite uour disclaimer) Please think before you type.
Mike is NOT sexist. His quotes, stories and comments are JOKES and that is why some people
like him. I realise these are also the reasons that you dislike him. If he was
rude, disrespectful or sexist for real, he would not still be working on TV.

Are you for real???? By putting your comments about Mike next to comments about
the disgusting low life's in the tabloids you are indeed making a comparison.
That is bordering on slander (despite uour disclaimer) Please think before you type.
Mike is NOT sexist. His quotes, stories and comments are JOKES and that is why some people
like him. I realise these are also the reasons that you dislike him. If he was
rude, disrespectful or sexist for real, he would not still be working on TV.

Yes I am real. This is my real name Peter-John and unlike you I have never lied or hidden my real self on here.

Please tell me what did I put that was untrue? I was giving my opinion that Mike sounded creepy and sexist.

As for Mike being on TV notice a theme going on there? Rip off shopping channel, rip off quiz channel, back to rip off shopping. Not exactly BBC is it.

Saying it is a joke doesn't change anything. Whether he means it or not he is giving the impression that women are objects. Not funny.

PJ

I think you raise a fair point PJ. The whole way he behaves towards women I think is pretty unacceptable. The whole hollering 'love' or 'babe' at his assistants, before he launches into a lecture of how he likes to go the gym to 'attract birds' and how the viewers at home should do the same if they want to be as sexually popular as Mike... It's pretty sickening.

I think you raise a fair point PJ. The whole way he behaves towards women I think is pretty unacceptable. The whole hollering 'love' or 'babe' at his assistants, before he launches into a lecture of how he likes to go the gym to 'attract birds' and how the viewers at home should do the same if they want to be as sexually popular as Mike... It's pretty sickening.

Never mind the Gym to enhance his attractiveness, much like I regularly have to he needs to book a few sessions at the dentist!

I cringe when he is selling the Sonic Toothbrush and he says how much he paid for his, really?

Me thinks he was robbed, I wish I had just a bit of his confidence but sometimes people can become a tad deluded.

Last edited:
I've got a video of Mikey and Goddess talking about how well they've done in life, however the video was dubbed into black country twang. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

He's also like another Harry Enfield character,Frank from the Self Righteous Brothers; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRtJEaOSoE
You can just hear him...'Now then viewers you can use this Yonanas machine to make delicious desserts, but if you was to give some to my little boy an' he was to eat too much and give 'isself a tummy ache I would say NO VIEWER!!! and bash yer 'ead in with a tanzanite brick!'

He's also like another Harry Enfield character,Frank from the Self Righteous Brothers; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRtJEaOSoE
You can just hear him...'Now then viewers you can use this Yonanas machine to make delicious desserts, but if you was to give some to my little boy an' he was to eat too much and give 'isself a tummy ache I would say NO VIEWER!!! and bash yer 'ead in with a tanzanite brick!'

Ha Ha, he's crackers isn't he?

Heaven knows what magic his Lady/Goddess has been filling his head with. Posh suit or no posh suit I can just imagine him walking into a posh Newmarket country pub and everyone scarpers to avoid another boring lecture :grin:

I can just hear him now, advocating the health benefits of eggs, 'Oyy larve me protein me' :yawn:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back