Lee Hohbein

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like electronic gadgets but I need to be told a lot about them before I buy.

I can never understand what LH is telling me - is it important stuff or just sales hype ?
I’ve bought a couple of items which he raved over but neither was suitable - far too slow with limited functions and choc full of pre-loaded software and pop ups that I couldn’t cancel.

the first I kept thinking it was just me and I would get used to it. Never have.

I learned my lesson with the second item and returned it once I’d given it a good go and decided it was rubbish.

There won’t be a ‘third time lucky’. I don’t watch now.

If I need anything electrical from teles to tablets to cameras, I head straight for John Lewis. My only moment of waywardness was back in 2005 just before I retired. I bought an all singing and dancing dvd combined video tape recorder from Q, as it was the 'latest' must have, and thought it would 'see me out'. Huh, so complicated that I never fully understood how to operate it, and have only got occasional use out of it. Coupled that with setting it up with the Smart tv and I was almost in meltdown. I thought gadgets were supposed to make our life easier, not turn your brain into spaghetti !!

Our 'smart' tv is a nightmare. The set up was painfully slow and extremely irritating. It's about time the manufacturers sorted out something easy to use out of the box like Apple products.

I watched a bit of the satnav presentation and noted LH mentioned how it got him out of a ticket. Stupid question but wouldn't it have recorded over that footage? How long do tickets take to arrive? Unless he doesn't do much driving and/or keeps the footage for ages/ has a large card. Having said that, I must admit that satnav is a zillion times easier to use than the awkward thing I have. If I upgrade it'll be to a Nextbase as it has the phone app.

Grovesy you need to put on your “telephone voice” like Mrs Bucket!
I don't have one, when I worked with people with cut glass accents mine used to become more pronounced.
He's great at talking but telling you nothing. Other male demonstrators are usually pretty good at informing how their product actually works, from switching on to taking apart. But all LH does is rapid fire chat and sweeping his hand over the tablet telling you how many films you can get.
I love this description spot on!

Not complicated but not 5 mins either. My system has two cameras.
Don’t you think that OH who have a fair bit of expertise take ages as they firstly have to tell you what is wrong with the design, the manufacturing, the instructions, the screws etc all before they install it. Mr L is an engineer and every ****** thing has to go through this.

Don’t you think that OH who have a fair bit of expertise take ages as they firstly have to tell you what is wrong with the design, the manufacturing, the instructions, the screws etc all before they install it. Mr L is an engineer and every ****** thing has to go through this.

Ha! Actually he is very complimentary about this system and he’s the biggest pessimist in the world. “They could have done, should have done, didn’t do!” didn't feature once. :rolleyes::unsure::sleep:

Well I'm not techy at all and tonight I managed to set up my new Blink system in around 15 mins and it's working well. What a relief. :)

Latest posts

Back