Lee Holbein

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know that one could 'rant' on for pages about the above gentleman, but just caught him on Q today, ranting on about how may TV's he has got (all of course bought from QVC) and how many Alexia's, can you believe it 9 I mean why anyone would want one let alone 9 I have no idea. He has always stated he lives in a flat (I am Northern), so again I can't really collarate that number of Alexia's to one flat, can the man not function without this 'all-seeing', 'all-hearing' (even when the microphones are 'supposedly' turned off), 'all-recording' gadget!

Alexa's rubbish, my friend's got one and she (Alexa) is always saying "sorry I don't understand that". Eh? I'd love to hear that on QVC.

CC

Cannot stand the man for me he is beyond irritating.There is something seriously amiss with someone who needs 9 Alexas in a flat or even Buckingham Palace.

I think Debbie Flint has also got several. I wonder if they get them for free?

I find LH beyond annoying, his eyelashes don’t look too long today though, must’ve ran out of his free Revitalash. One of these days he’s going to drop in on his mum and she’ll tell him to “sod off! I’ve just got out the shower!” Before he embarrassingly tells her, they’re live on air.

I don't trust anything 'teckie' that has an insight into your life. I even cover up the camera on my laptop (I know I've seen too many films where someone can watch all your movements via the camera !) but even so.

As for Holbein, well, the man is all gushy gushy, but says sod all. He doesn't tell you how a gadget works, just what it can do, so I switch off when he comes on. AND he has stooooopid haircuts.

You've made me laugh, often do, & think of Pam Ayres 'They should have asked my husband'.

Thank you for that. I've always been one of those people who think I don't really have a purpose so knowing that some of my innocent comments make folk laugh is a biggie uppie for me :mysmilie_59:

CC

He's a blagger, plain and simple. Don't buy that "I love to hear from viewers" tosh that he spouts. I have posted here several times about how he blocked me on Twitter when I tried to advise a viewer on a TV purchase, that Hohbein was gushing about, when he actually didn't even understand one of the main functions of the set.

Alexa's rubbish, my friend's got one and she (Alexa) is always saying "sorry I don't understand that". Eh? I'd love to hear that on QVC.

CC

You can ask a very complicated question and it tells you the answer.

But if you ask something simple, it doesn't understand.

The NHS are trialling it to answer health questions, but if you phrase the same question in 5 different ways, you get 5 different answers, ranging from "dial 999" to "take an aspirin".

And I'm not joking!

Strato, I was at my friend's last night and I asked it to play a Willie Nelson song and it said "sorry etc". I laughed even more when my friend said "who's Willie Nelson". So glad to be in my own home tonight :mysmilie_17: On the road again la la la la . . .

CC

I love my Alexa. I have posted before about how I use her to set up all my reminders for my medications. So easy to just quickly talk a reminder out, rather than mess about with my phone etc.

Plus she controls all my lighting in my home. I can be in a lot of pain and suffering from severe dizzy spells, but may need to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Telling Alexa to switch on the bathroom "route" etc is so handy for me.

But horses for courses and I can see why it isn't for everyone. But if you have Amazon Music for example, speaking what tracks you want and how specific you can be is honestly....awesome :)

Anyway, I'm waffling, back to the topic.....don't trust that tech man who always seems to want to look like a hairdresser. Hohbein of course :)

Cannot stand the man for me he is beyond irritating.There is something seriously amiss with someone who needs 9 Alexas in a flat or even Buckingham Palace.

He has to be bullshitting. Unless, of course, it is to ask her 'Alexa, is my eyeliner smudged, Do I have the biggest balls ever', etc etc.

What an astonishing knob?

Last edited:
You've made me laugh, often do, & think of Pam Ayres 'They should have asked my husband'.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_14:

Pam is ace. She lives in the nearby village to me, but is never at home. Great supporter of our local wildlife charity. Useless fact: I lived next door to her brother for a wee while.

Thank you for that. I've always been one of those people who think I don't really have a purpose so knowing that some of my innocent comments make folk laugh is a biggie uppie for me :mysmilie_59:

CC
:star:

I resonate with this.

I love my Alexa. I have posted before about how I use her to set up all my reminders for my medications. So easy to just quickly talk a reminder out, rather than mess about with my phone etc.

Plus she controls all my lighting in my home. I can be in a lot of pain and suffering from severe dizzy spells, but may need to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Telling Alexa to switch on the bathroom "route" etc is so handy for me.

But horses for courses and I can see why it isn't for everyone. But if you have Amazon Music for example, speaking what tracks you want and how specific you can be is honestly....awesome :)

Anyway, I'm waffling, back to the topic.....don't trust that tech man who always seems to want to look like a hairdresser. Hohbein of course :)

I think you have to take time to set them up (& read the instructions Mr B!!!) to get the most out of any gadget. Meanwhile, I amuse myself by asking ours 'Alexa, who has the biggest penis?' Childish? Moi?

I don't trust anything 'teckie' that has an insight into your life. I even cover up the camera on my laptop (I know I've seen too many films where someone can watch all your movements via the camera !) but even so.

As for Holbein, well, the man is all gushy gushy, but says sod all. He doesn't tell you how a gadget works, just what it can do, so I switch off when he comes on. AND he has stooooopid haircuts.

Yes Brissles,we have covered the camera on our laptop,always have.

Latest posts

Back