Lehrer Collection Wheel with Drew

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
I don't get the attraction of Lehrer's stuff. The presenters talk about him like he's the second coming of Jesus (Drew is going completely overboard this morning), but to me, his creations all look like tat.

The torus jewellery looks like something even a Kardashian might feel was too much. And shoving diamonds into the middle of other gems is just a waste of whatever's had a hole drilled into it.

And the man in the moon collection... OK if you're under 8 years of age, I guess. But I am pushing 50 and it would make me look ready for the OAP home.

Is all just vile, and classless. I have seen better jewellery in the 10p lucky bags I had as a kid

the odd time I have seen his stuff and keep thinking the prices are outrageous. Tiny diamond in the middle of a normal garnet £££ and if just another ring in the Gems collections ££. I find it strange how if he is so out there with these unique designs how are they never seen or talked about in the high-end mags etc. Oh and always in 9ct gold if so high-end why no 18ct?

The man in the gold stuff makes me think of Kirk's Folly which was sold on QVC.

the odd time I have seen his stuff and keep thinking the prices are outrageous. Tiny diamond in the middle of a normal garnet £££ and if just another ring in the Gems collections ££. I find it strange how if he is so out there with these unique designs how are they never seen or talked about in the high-end mags etc. Oh and always in 9ct gold if so high-end why no 18ct?

The man in the gold stuff makes me think of Kirk's Folly which was sold on QVC.

OMG Kirk's Folly! Now I can't unsee it!

It really is well overpriced. I look at some of the gems and I like the colours. But then I see the gem is defaced by having a diamond chip stuck into it, or it has 10,000 unnecessary facets, and I just think "why?".

And the prices... Money obviously can't buy you class.

Kirk's Folly - what a blast from the past!! I can't remember her name, I suppose I could Google it (other search engines are available) was it Jennifer? Anyway I remember her flinging fairy dust around the place.
To me the Lehrer techniques are clever but then he trains the team in the Gemporia cutting facility so that must devalue the brand. When you see his carefully considered couture pieces that he cuts himself then I can see the artistry. But the gems that are used for the main range a generally unremarkable and often treated or coated. Pretty perhaps but not all that!

Hi Vapid,
You are true. Of all the items, there,s rarely 1 thing ar 2 that look decent and purchasable.
Thanks,

Latest posts

Back