Leighton Denny TSV 1/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I vaguely remember seeing an OPI version a while ago (blurry memory!) but that was hard to find too. Bugger.

Were you thinking of 'Metallic 4 Life' Nicki Minaj collection or 'Number One Nemisis' Spiderman collection although both are polishes in their own right they aren't top coats?

I didn't get the nails inc either. I did initially think the Ld TSV looked meh, till I was talked into it by both LD and you lot on here. I also did accidentally order some bare minerals the other day (I'm looking at you here Tangerine...) and ALMOST ordered another LD set till I saw what the subtotal came to in my basket and gave myself a talking to. Unfortunately I've been trying to find the colour I wanted in the other set on eBay /amazon etc and can't find it anywhere so I may have to give in. Unless anyone has any suggestions of an alternative - it was the Instant Abstract topcoat. Any ideas?

Well done ducking the Nails Inc TSV. You see, you can do it!

Which set were you almost going to buy on QVC? Was it the duo of Instant Abstract and a colour? Or the 4 piece set (which I bought in December for the topcoat in the set which darkens polish)? I see Instant Abstract on its own sells for a lot of money on eBay, if you can get it. Have you considered the Nails Inc Graffiti special effect in Brick Lane, which is 'monochrome'? I think you can wear the Graffiti range on their own or over colours.

Well done ducking the Nails Inc TSV. You see, you can do it!

Which set were you almost going to buy on QVC? Was it the duo of Instant Abstract and a colour? Or the 4 piece set (which I bought in December for the topcoat in the set which darkens polish)? I see Instant Abstract on its own sells for a lot of money on eBay, if you can get it. Have you considered the Nails Inc Graffiti special effect in Brick Lane, which is 'monochrome'? I think you can wear the Graffiti range on their own or over colours.

It was the duo I almost bought, but only for the instant abstract. The four piece, which I wOuld have had was out of stock.
I'm jealous if you having it now. Is it nice?

It was the duo I almost bought, but only for the instant abstract. The four piece, which I wOuld have had was out of stock.
I'm jealous if you having it now. Is it nice?

You will think I don't deserve to have it when I tell you I have not actually tried it yet! I only received the set just before Xmas and so far have only tried one of them. Rubbish, eh? Do you not want to go on wait list for the topcoat set (202767) as you should get it at the intro price if it comes back in stock in time. I am sure when it was on air in Dec they announced on the show that it had just sold out but when I looked online half an hour later, it was available. A lot of money really if you only want one of the bottles but the single bottle of Instant Abstract I saw which sold on eBay went for about £15 inc p&p so makes the set seem a bargain!

Sorry, I am meant to be discouraging not encouraging people to buy!

Yes DJ that was the one, though seeing t again I prefer the LD one. I may order it on Monday. Different week, won't feel so bad!!

You will think I don't deserve to have it when I tell you I have not actually tried it yet! I only received the set just before Xmas and so far have only tried one of them. Rubbish, eh? Do you not want to go on wait list for the topcoat set (202767) as you should get it at the intro price if it comes back in stock in time. I am sure when it was on air in Dec they announced on the show that it had just sold out but when I looked online half an hour later, it was available. A lot of money really if you only want one of the bottles but the single bottle of Instant Abstract I saw which sold on eBay went for about £15 inc p&p so makes the set seem a bargain!

Sorry, I am meant to be discouraging not encouraging people to buy!

I wasn't sure about the wait list thing, if I missed the duo and then the 4 piece I'd be cross. Decisions decisions.

I wasn't sure about the wait list thing, if I missed the duo and then the 4 piece I'd be cross. Decisions decisions.

Yeah, I know. Story of my life! Did you not think the Nails Inc one below is very similar? In the links, it is shown over a blue and over a pink/red, but the actual polish Brick Lane is just the black and white random shaped bits in clear polish, like Instant Abstract.

http://pandoras-nails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/nails-inc-brick-lane-graffiti.html?m=1

http://www.donotrefreeze.com/2012/10/polishgasm-nails-inc-brick-lane_21.html

Quite similar isn't it, though the Ni one does look like 'bits' rather than 'splodges' - the Ld one looked like droplets of paint suspended in the liquid if you get my meaning, so it came out looking more like paint splatters. Awkward cow aren't I.

Quite similar isn't it, though the Ni one does look like 'bits' rather than 'splodges' - the Ld one looked like droplets of paint suspended in the liquid if you get my meaning, so it came out looking more like paint splatters. Awkward cow aren't I.

Ha ha, not at all! I call it discerning. I think I know what you mean by the droplets effect but compare the Nails Inc on blue polish in the other link to the Leighton Denny one, also on blue, here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Leighton_Denny/status/278076892832231424

Anyone would think I worked for Nails Inc the way I am going on! At the end of the day, if you have set your heart on a thing, I know how it is to settle for nothing less.

Everytime I see Nina Taylor (the hand model & Leightons' side kick) I cannot help thinking that she could be Debbie McGee's younger sister...

Nina.jpg
Debbie_McGeemedium.jpg

Ha ha, not at all! I call it discerning. I think I know what you mean by the droplets effect but compare the Nails Inc on blue polish in the other link to the Leighton Denny one, also on blue, here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Leighton_Denny/status/278076892832231424

Anyone would think I worked for Nails Inc the way I am going on! At the end of the day, if you have set your heart on a thing, I know how it is to settle for nothing less.

At the end of the day ill probably not end up wearing either more than once knowing me. :blush:

Ps. Thank you for being lovely though! :heart:

Last edited:
At the end of the day ill probably not end up wearing either more than once knowing me. :blush:

Ps. Thank you for being lovely though! :heart:

I am bad for wanting things (especially nail polishes) and then not using them. You are right to keep your purse shut really.

And thanks, you too.

Latest posts

Back