Leighton Denny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not sure about anyone else but the impression i got was that he's selling 16 items for 16 year anniversary starting with a "one to own" on the 8th June

Not sure about anyone else but the impression i got was that he's selling 16 items for 16 year anniversary starting with a "one to own" on the 8th June
On Leighton's facebook page he is saying that he launching 16 must-have collections with a deal of the day on the 8th June at 2pm, I don't know TJC so I don't have a clue what deal of the day is? I think it must be like a TSV on QVC?. When he was on QVC he only did collections not single products. I cannot wait for his shows, have you seen him polish nails? It's mesmerizing.

I watched the LD show on TJC part way through yesterday and for half an hour this morn.

I was struck by how much more relaxing TJC is to watch!
Although this morning was a 'mop up show' (for items from yesterday and additional polishes not yet seen), and Leighton was talking very quickly to squeeze as much info as possible, the whole experience was so much better than similar shows on QVC.
I've never written on this forum before and never watched TJC (so I'm not a mole!) but I'm fed up with QVC - the relentless Dyson shows and the sheer amount of waffle/screeching/brown-nosing/sh*te spoken by presenters! The person on with LD let him do the talking and he did the demo manicures on his own nails!
There was no pointless 'ask the model' session, or tales of how much LD polish was in the presenter's own bathroom cabinet. She was just there to help with the tech side of things/order no.s etc. and just seemed to fade into the background. Also her voice was well-modulated and easy to listen to so I didn't feel the need to mute the telly! I genuinely learnt a few manicure pointers from LD and there was no snidely Alison Young who always seem to be mickey taking on previous LD shows.
I'm busy now - writing this! - but just noticed I still had the channel on in the living room.
Ooh and they had an ad on for a device similar to the Theragun - so I may check it out to see if cheaper when its their TSV or whatever they call it.
I may be a convert.......

I watched the LD show on TJC part way through yesterday and for half an hour this morn.

Although this morning was a 'mop up show' (for items from yesterday and additional polishes not yet seen), and Leighton was talking very quickly to squeeze as much info as possible, the whole experience was so much better than similar shows on QVC.
I've never written on this forum before and never watched TJC (so I'm not a mole!) but I'm fed up with QVC - the relentless Dyson shows and the sheer amount of waffle/screeching/brown-nosing/sh*te spoken by presenters! The person on with LD let him do the talking and he did the demo manicures on his own nails!
There was no pointless 'ask the model' session, or tales of how much LD polish was in the presenter's own bathroom cabinet. She was just there to help with the tech side of things/order no.s etc. and just seemed to fade into the background. Also her voice was well-modulated and easy to listen to so I didn't feel the need to mute the telly! I genuinely learnt a few manicure pointers from LD and there was no snidely Alison Young who always seem to be mickey taking on previous LD shows.
I'm busy now - writing this! - but just noticed I still had the channel on in the living room.
Ooh and they had an ad on for a device similar to the Theragun - so I may check it out to see if cheaper when its their TSV or whatever they call it.
I totally agree with your observations!
The 2pm show had 6 3-polish combinations. Leighton applied them to his own nails, which he had let grow longer just for this purpose. He mentioned that once regulations allow, Nina would model. I'm glad he's back, and glad TJC let him shine

are there different moderators for different forums as I orig put this post on QVC - but it has not appeared?

are there different moderators for different forums as I orig put this post on QVC - but it has not appeared?
You have to post separately on each forum channel.
I know whenever Graham needs to make an announcement he does individual post to each one.

Leighton is back 11 am on Sunday, I think he has proved that it doesn't matter what channel he is on, I thought Chole talked over him a bit but it didn't bother Leighton and I warmed to her by the second show on the pedciure set, did you see it? very funny. I could tell Leighton likes her as she does him, I'd only seen Leighton on QVC before, so didn't know what to expect and I actually pefer him without a model and loved the shows.

Leighton is back 11 am on Sunday, I think he has proved that it doesn't matter what channel he is on, I thought Chole talked over him a bit but it didn't bother Leighton and I warmed to her by the second show on the pedciure set, did you see it? very funny. I could tell Leighton likes her as she does him, I'd only seen Leighton on QVC before, so didn't know what to expect and I actually pefer him without a model and loved the shows.
Me too... Oh re; the pedicure did you mean, his Yorkshire puddings on the 'moving stairs'?!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Me too... Oh re; the pedicure did you mean, his Yorkshire puddings on the 'moving stairs'?!!! 🤣🤣🤣
No, but that was very funny too. It was when they moved into the living room studio. Chloe tricked Leighton into getting his trotters (feet) out earlier than they had previously agreed because Leighton wanted to see if he could sell out of the kit without exposing his feet; it sold out fast. Although Leighton was very relieved, he put his shoes back on super fast. The whole pedicure bit was hilarious.

TJC are really the more "laid back, less up themselves" channel, Q becomes a very hard watch at times. I noted Leighton getting into a fluster about needing to move on, not run out of time, but Chloe reassuring him "we'll just carry on til we've done everything, we're far less structured than other places you've sold from"... how very true! The only negative- Leighton's constant "i was the first to...", yes we know that, does it have to be every other comment? Other than that i plumped for a Crystal nail file and a pedicure set, will see how i get on with those, and look forward to the "masterclass shows" he's hoping to do soon.

TJC are really the more "laid back, less up themselves" channel, Q becomes a very hard watch at times. I noted Leighton getting into a fluster about needing to move on, not run out of time, but Chloe reassuring him "we'll just carry on til we've done everything, we're far less structured than other places you've sold from"... how very true! The only negative- Leighton's constant "i was the first to...", yes we know that, does it have to be every other comment? Other than that i plumped for a Crystal nail file and a pedicure set, will see how i get on with those, and look forward to the "masterclass shows" he's hoping to do soon.
Yes, TJC is much more laid back than QVC, but Leighton only mentioned his firsts once. At the beginning of the show on Sunday, I recorded his shows and have watched them three times now! And Leighton also said when he talked about his firsts, he doesn't like to brag or big himself up, but some of the TJC customers had not seen him before and didn't know who he was. I got the impression someone told him to say it because he seemed uncomfortable when he was, and Chole told him he should be proud of achievements and shout them from the rooftops or something along with them lines. I don't remember him answering every question like that. It was all about the products. I learned more about his products than I ever did on QVC. I prefer him TJC because he seems to have time to present the details we want to hear.

Leighton is on TJC at 6pm tomorrow, Wednesday 29th September. Everything is under £20 with budget pays and reduced postage. Rumour has it that Nina will be back as well!

Leighton is on TJC at 6pm tomorrow, Wednesday 29th September. Everything is under £20 with budget pays and reduced postage. Rumour has it that Nina will be back as well!
Oh, pooh! I am out tomorrow evening 🙁 will have to take a look online when I'm home!

Latest posts

Back