Let’s be thankful 🥲

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That interview was off the rails. But it probably made it more memorable for Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling. They get to do conveyer belt interviews where they probably get asked the same questions and glaze over.
I would watch to see how Alison gets on on Bake Off.
Dislike Paul Hollywood's demeanour compared to how he was at the start of the show. How is it Mary Berry and Prue Leith have been consistently the same people regardless of the greater exposure, but Paul has not?
I think Channel 4 have tried to be edgier with their choice of presenters. The problem imo is that they pick people who see it as a temporary fill in until their comedy careers pick up. Some how Mel and Sue just weren't like that.
Maybe Alison will have some staying power?

Cannot stand her. I didn’t like her on Big Brother all those years ago and nothing has changed. For me, she brings absolutely nothing to the table whatsoever other than a large plate, and is somebody whose eventual rise to presenting every show there is on television and every advert to come is more about relentless inclusivity than talent. People getting anywhere on talent and charisma alone in television nowadays has long gone. Today it is gender, skin colour and sexual orientation that counts.

Have never watched the “normal” Bake Off, has just never appealed to me…despite a fondness for cake.
I do watch the Celeb (I use the term loosely in some cases) version as it does have some wonderful moments of complete disaster in it.
However, I don’t quite believe any of them when they say they’ve never baked a cake before because anybody that goes to school gets to make a Victoria Sponge.

Have never watched the “normal” Bake Off, has just never appealed to me…despite a fondness for cake.
I do watch the Celeb (I use the term loosely in some cases) version as it does have some wonderful moments of complete disaster in it.
However, I don’t quite believe any of them when they say they’ve never baked a cake before because anybody that goes to school gets to make a Victoria Sponge.
I never made a cake at school

I remember some of my baking efforts in domestic science at school, think my family are still getting over the trauma of some of the stuff that survived the walk home in an old Quality St tin, I have never been much of a baker and everything I made seemed to look most unappetising, even a humble victorian sponge

I liked Sandi Toksvig. She was at least witty. Didn’t like Matt Lucas. Alison not keen on but who knows. I started to lose interest during the last few series so I probably won’t bother.
Yes, I liked Sandi too. Couldn't take to Matt Lucas, he's just not funny.

Cannot stand her. I didn’t like her on Big Brother all those years ago and nothing has changed. For me, she brings absolutely nothing to the table whatsoever other than a large plate, and is somebody whose eventual rise to presenting every show there is on television and every advert to come is more about relentless inclusivity than talent. People getting anywhere on talent and charisma alone in television nowadays has long gone. Today it is gender, skin colour and sexual orientation that counts.
I didn't like her on I'm a Celebrity either.

I see the publicity photo for that its the same old same old - most I see were on the Sleb Master Chef - I know this because these programmes get endless press publicity beforehand. I never watch them, because why should I be entertained by people who are just playing games and getting paid for it. TV for this lot is just one long Alton Towers fest, and wouldn't know hard work if it bit them on the ar$e.

I think the Gary Lineker debacle has really brought home the obscene monies these people are paid for mainly reading an autocue. Even a morning newsreader is on about a quarter of a million ! how can this happen when most of the country are on strike for more money ? Is Holly Willoughby worth more than a surgeon who could save your life? or Lineker on his BBC salary, his endless prouction companies and crisps contract worth more than a bank of scientists doing years of research to eradicate cancer ? NO. (and their Agents are just as bad).

Last edited:
I liked Sandi Toksvig. She was at least witty. Didn’t like Matt Lucas. Alison not keen on but who knows. I started to lose interest during the last few series so I probably won’t bother.
I can’t stand the woman, the main reason I stopped watching the show. Plus the absence of Mary Berry.

Last time I cast an opinion I was castigated - they know who they are. But hey ho ! I'll continue - free speech and all that.

I do find the description "bubbly," which is applied by many commentators and columnists of certain presenters, ****** annoying. Just because they tend to burst into hysterical laughter after every sentence they utter is not my idea of 'bubbly'.
I find Justine (Julien McD’s cousin) ‘bubbly’ in a good way.

I`ve only ever watched bits of bake off, never a full episode. I`m more a fan of the Sewing Bee. I must say AH makes me cringe, she so loud and her laugh sets my teeth on edge. I daresay she`s a nice enough person but she seems to be everywhere on TV at the moment and it prompts me to change channels asap.

Looks like it's just me that likes Noel then - I think he's great, very funny! Matt Lucas was OK. I didn't like Mel and Sue at all, found them very irritating.

I remember some of my baking efforts in domestic science at school, think my family are still getting over the trauma of some of the stuff that survived the walk home in an old Quality St tin, I have never been much of a baker and everything I made seemed to look most unappetising, even a humble victorian sponge
Ahh, the old Quality Street/Family Circle tin. How I longed for one of those. I distinctly remember a Rhubarb Fool going the journey when I tripped up and fell over in a flurry of school blazer, knee high socks and Clarks shoes.

Latest posts

Back