Lid on halogen oven tip

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
I have a cookshop halogen oven with the hinged lid but found it would'nt always connect to come on without a lot of giggling about( which was getting on my wick) so I got hubby to take a look and he has cured the problem by tearing a small piece of cardboard off the cereal packet and sliding it in the hinge so now the little button touches it and it works brilliantly everytime now so I thought I'd pass on this little tip to stop anyone else from wanting to throw the bl**dy thing when you cant get it to work lol

That ain't a good advertisement for the Halogen oven when you have to place a piece of cardboard into the hinge to get it to function properly.......:mysmilie_466:
I think I will stay well clear of that product and if it was me I would send it back to IW with the cardboard insert included.....:taphead:

I have a cookshop halogen oven with the hinged lid but found it would'nt always connect to come on without a lot of giggling about( which was getting on my wick) so I got hubby to take a look and he has cured the problem by tearing a small piece of cardboard off the cereal packet and sliding it in the hinge so now the little button touches it and it works brilliantly everytime now so I thought I'd pass on this little tip to stop anyone else from wanting to throw the bl**dy thing when you cant get it to work lol
Haven't had this problem with mine so far but will keep your hint in reserve for the future. Thank you.

Is the halogen oven any good? I've been watching IW for a few months now, since becoming temporarily house-bound after an accident and (it must be chef Joe's cheeky smile and Chef Paul's sales patter) but I've found myself wanting one...

Am I just going mad or are they a worthwhile investment? There's so many around that it's hard to know which one to get.

Also, is Joe Paul's replacement? He's on a lot at the moment - saw him with Howard yesterday... I like him, but really hope Paul's here to stay :)

We have the one from Ideal with the hinged lid and would not be without...they are really, really good and would certainly recommend it.

Is the halogen oven any good? I've been watching IW for a few months now, since becoming temporarily house-bound after an accident and (it must be chef Joe's cheeky smile and Chef Paul's sales patter) but I've found myself wanting one...

Am I just going mad or are they a worthwhile investment? There's so many around that it's hard to know which one to get.

Also, is Joe Paul's replacement? He's on a lot at the moment - saw him with Howard yesterday... I like him, but really hope Paul's here to stay :)

I've had two and they're excellent but mine didn't last very long so wouldn't buy another

Joe seems to be on more now and Paul less so but then Paul has a lot of cookery books out now :hi:

I have one without the hinged lid, came from Coopers of Stortford, big oven is rarely switched on these days, only if son and family come and need more capacity.

Latest posts

Back