Lily o brian guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
What an entertaining guest and a stark contrast to the sugary syrupy Thornton lady. I usually dislike people who describe themselves as crazy or whacky, because they're usually not nearly as funny as they think they are, but this one i really like.

Crap chocolates but great guest.

British Airways served a LilyO'Brien chocolate pud on my flight to Florida the other week. Very nice it was too, even if a tiny, plane-sized portion.

I've only seen her in short bursts but she seems slightly bonkers in a good way. Never tried the chocolates though.

British Airways served a LilyO'Brien chocolate pud on my flight to Florida the other week. Very nice it was too, even if a tiny, plane-sized portion.

I have had the chocolate brownie on flights before and it is gorgeous!!!!

I really like the chocolates too, well that is if I get a look in as my niece loves them and can scoff loads!!!

Never tried the chocolates. Whats wrong with them LEL?

I was expecting the quality of Thornton but they tasted no different to the supermarket's own brand chocolates.
Others obviously liked them so maybe its just me.

Oh thats disappointing. I thought they would be pretty special as they arent cheap

I was expecting the quality of Thornton but they tasted no different to the supermarket's own brand chocolates.
Others obviously liked them so maybe its just me.

I agree LEL. Tasted just like Asda own brand chocolate to me. Shame as she has some lovely ideas and the boxes/packaging is nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree LEL. Tasted just like Asda own brand chocolate to me. Shame as she has some lovely ideas and the boxes/packaging is nice.

Agree packaging is lovely and the different centres makes the chocolates a bit special. Some of the centres are quite sweet so good for the dieters because you don't want to keep eating them, and to be honest a bit monotenous as centres were repeated, the chocolate was nice but nothing extraordinary but then my passion is dark chocolate not milk.
I haven't been tempted this year.

Taking this thread off down a slightly different route ... what a shocker! ... what are your favourite chocolates? Mine has to be those Lindt gobstopper chocolates.

Mmmm those lindt lindor I think theyre called, are divine. Also Thorntons continental, a good old bar of Dairy milk or Galaxy always do it too. I used to love chocolate neapolitans and they remind me of christmas when I was little, but you cant get them anymore. i ve not had a box for yonks but Black Magic were nice too. Not fussy me :mysmilie_488:

Hotel Chocolate - especially the caramel choc and good old Dairy Milk :) Saying that, I do enjoy Galaxy but always head for the DM.

Hotel is amazing though. I have been a fan for years, buying online and from the small selection in John Lewis. I'm also in their tasting club. Such a hard life :rolleyes: They have finally opened a store in Cardiff though so that's not going to do my ever shrinking waistline any good whatsoever!!

Mmm!!!

SnarlySnarfsLindt ... and FerreroRocher ... and Toblerone ... and ... and! Turtles are fab CanAm chocolates. Clusters of chocolate/caramel/pecans shaped like Turtles. If you want to try making your own, Google "chocolate+turtles+recipes". Can't help you with the Conversions, but I guarantee you'll have fun trying the variations. Should you want an expert opinion, send your samples to Snarly'sDen, PunkyDoodleCorners. Once they enter my den, they are non-returnable. TheyAreMine, I tell you, ALL MINE!!! SalivatingSnarly

SnarlySnarfsLindt ... and FerreroRocher ... and Toblerone ... and ... and! Turtles are fab CanAm chocolates. Clusters of chocolate/caramel/pecans shaped like Turtles. If you want to try making your own, Google "chocolate+turtles+recipes". Can't help you with the Conversions, but I guarantee you'll have fun trying the variations. Should you want an expert opinion, send your samples to Snarly'sDen, PunkyDoodleCorners. Once they enter my den, they are non-returnable. TheyAreMine, I tell you, ALL MINE!!! SalivatingSnarly

oooo yeah. love turtles. i really like cherry mash/twin bing! yumm

Oooooh - another vote for turtles!! Mmmmmm!

What ever happened to Cadbury's Hazelnut Whirls, they disappeared years ago?

Everybody loved them, and I mean the original ones you use to be able to buy on their own in yellow wrappers. The current Milk Tray impostors are not as good and not available in their own right anyway. I'd love to be able to find them and send my sister a box, would make her Christmas. :tongue:

I've just googled the turtle recipes, they are easy to make. I usually make Rocky Road for friends at Christmas but think I'll give these a go this year.

When I use to go to Canada, always had to bring back chocolate "bark" full of nuts, from Laura Secord. It was in rough slabs which they use to smash into pieces and then weigh as much as you wanted, it was wonderful! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back