Lisa Beckwith

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
I watched Gemporia a bit this morning and had the misfortune to catch a new presenter. Now, I am sure she is a lovely person but not a presenter I can bear at the moment. She presents as if the show is kid's TV. Very fake enthusiastic, high pitched and just plain irritating. Jeff has an issue for a while with "Well, here we are today." Beckwith gives equal prominence to "'Ere we go." Potential there, but very patronising at the moment and enough to drive you mad at 6am.

She was on again this morning. Much less screechy and a lot less patronising. But just not convincing, I think she is trying to act (and failing) rather than just trying to make it sound like it would be natural "conversation". I think she needs to relax, be authentic and not try so very hard. But a heck of a lot better than yeterday - I thought there was no hope yesterday - still exhausting to watch though. I miss Jeff and Derek

She's still on - and sadly - still dreadful. Sounds insincere like she's reading. So, obviously not an actress in the past. What I can't grit my teeth and get past is the way she talks to the viewers like they are kids. It's not natural at all Please bring Jeff back into these early morning slots - this one is awful and I have now given up hope of improvement. :(

Caught her one morning and also thought she’d be suited to CBeebies.

Latest posts

Back