Liv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
Switched on to Gems yesterday and was surprised to see Steve Bennett. Apparently he had stepped in as Liv's car had broken down. She didn't arrive yesterday and this morning Rae Carpenter is presenting as "Liv has car trouble" and " she may not be able to" get to the studio until 3pm. So Rae will be presenting for seven hours (???). I'm surprised Liv is unable to hire a car or take a train down from Harrogate/York. I'm not unsympathetic but, as this is par for the course, I admire the support of other presenters to provide cover.

I wish Peter Simon's car would break down but I suspect it would make no difference. He'd probably walk if he had to, just so he could perform :mysmilie_59:

"You, the goddess of light: you've got the sandals, you've got the linen, you've got the centre stone that captures the imagination"*

*from twitter Peter Simon Says

Maybe it did, didn't he have bike clips on one night? :mysmilie_19:

Ah indeed he did, good call Momma. Maybe he scooted down to the 'Heart of The United Kingdom' on his Penny Farthing?

He's such a pro :mysmilie_59:

Switched on to Gems yesterday and was surprised to see Steve Bennett. Apparently he had stepped in as Liv's car had broken down. She didn't arrive yesterday and this morning Rae Carpenter is presenting as "Liv has car trouble" and " she may not be able to" get to the studio until 3pm. So Rae will be presenting for seven hours (???). I'm surprised Liv is unable to hire a car or take a train down from Harrogate/York. I'm not unsympathetic but, as this is par for the course, I admire the support of other presenters to provide cover.

Seriously?

Most people work to earn a living. Why spend unnecessary money on hiring a car or travelling on umpteen trains on unsociable routes when other presenters seem willing to help out - and Steve Bennett seemed fine with it.

We all have these incidents in life. It's part of life.

Expecting her to travel on trains from Yorkshire to Birmingham, and then another train from Birmingham to Redditch, and then bus/taxi travel from the station to the studio - to be at work for 7am is unrealistic. Trains won't even be running that early in the morning.

If she spends all her time travelling to work, doing a shift, and then travelling back home, I'd say that's a good 12 hours minimum taken up. When would she actually be able to get her car repaired?

She's been on today from 3pm - so it looks like she's done a simple swap with Rae.

Is it really that big a deal?

Seriously?

Most people work to earn a living. Why spend unnecessary money on hiring a car or travelling on umpteen trains on unsociable routes when other presenters seem willing to help out - and Steve Bennett seemed fine with it.

We all have these incidents in life. It's part of life.

Expecting her to travel on trains from Yorkshire to Birmingham, and then another train from Birmingham to Redditch, and then bus/taxi travel from the station to the studio - to be at work for 7am is unrealistic. Trains won't even be running that early in the morning.

If she spends all her time travelling to work, doing a shift, and then travelling back home, I'd say that's a good 12 hours minimum taken up. When would she actually be able to get her car repaired?

She's been on today from 3pm - so it looks like she's done a simple swap with Rae.

Is it really that big a deal?

Ah, that makes things a bit clearer. I didn't know she was an early bird.

I forget that Gems TV is live for 24 hours a day.

Latest posts

Back