Screenshot_20210630-130531_Samsung Internet.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 575
  • Screenshot_20210630-130543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-130543_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 515
  • Screenshot_20210630-130554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-130554_Samsung Internet.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 572
I was shocked when I saw these reviews as well and they're really cheeky on the LE site as well as they're showing 51 mostly positive reviews for the new formulation...but only one of them actually relates to the new formulation!!!

Why they would mess with such beloved product beggars belief but presumably it comes down to cheaper ingredients and bigger profits.

Well, since LE is owned by Boots/Walgreen, blame them. Reformulated usually means cheaper ingredient with more profit. The reformulations started way back when Avon first bought them, C&P got rid of the almond milk well they said because of allergies and pushed in the cocoa butter which well known for clogging pores and also very, very cheap.

That is when I no longer bought C&P as I noticed it made my mild rosacea react.

I know I've said this before, so at the risk you of boring you all again, here goes...

7 or 8 years ago, LE was pretty much the only brand I used, but after so many alterations in the products, the only item I still use is the shampoo. They did actually tinker with that as well a couple of years ago, but it still works for me at the moment so I'm happy to keep using it. I'm actually dreading the day they alter it again though as I know I'll struggle to find a suitable replacement so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it going to be a while yet before they go down that road.

It is a shame though that the brand I loved for such a long time is now barely recognisable.

But regarding the Skin Tonic, I noticed a change a few years ago (even the smell wasn't as nice), so I moved to another product and I just knew as soon as I saw the new bottles on Q that the contents had probably been changed as well, despite Caroline saying they hadn't. IIRC she said the same about Skin Repair a few months ago and the reviews for that are shocking now too.

I thought it was just me. When I put it on the cotton wool pad, it was foamier. When I applied it I found it sticky and tacky. It also stung my eyes, where the old one was fine. I lasted half an hour before I had to wash it off. Now on the hunt for a replacement.

I know I've said this before, so at the risk you of boring you all again, here goes...

7 or 8 years ago, LE was pretty much the only brand I used, but after so many alterations in the products, the only item I still use is the shampoo. They did actually tinker with that as well a couple of years ago, but it still works for me at the moment so I'm happy to keep using it. I'm actually dreading the day they alter it again though as I know I'll struggle to find a suitable replacement so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it going to be a while yet before they go down that road.

It is a shame though that the brand I loved for such a long time is now barely recognisable.

But regarding the Skin Tonic, I noticed a change a few years ago (even the smell wasn't as nice), so I moved to another product and I just knew as soon as I saw the new bottles on Q that the contents had probably been changed as well, despite Caroline saying they hadn't. IIRC she said the same about Skin Repair a few months ago and the reviews for that are shocking now too.
Think years ago they denied the change in cleanse & polish until pushed then admitted almond oil removed because of nut allergies. Though I don’t know if now it’s still sold as being unchanged since first formulated.

I remember reading there had been a few changes in C&P over the years. Cheaper ingredients pushed up to the top of the list and the natural expensive ones pushed down so less in there.

Almond milk is expensive.

I see someone bought 5 sets. Why would you need 20 bottles of something?£200 worth and she’s saying she can’t send back 19 bottles so will have to just use it up. So she can’t be that bothered by the change then, can she?
Some people are nuts aren't they? Surely it can't be because of having to pay postage, cos I'd think she'd not have to pay to return them if the formula's changed and she'll have 19 bottles of unopened product - don't you get 14 days?

I forget who said it initially but it was one of those WOW moments. Roughly a company can't be "leaping bunny" until every single product is cleared as passing the standard.

Liz Earle was sold to Avon which sells in China and therefore is not "leaping bunny". Whilst the Liz Earle brand qualifies it was then owned by a company that did not qualify. There must be a passing of money from the big company to the little company and visa versa. This is hard to explain I hope you've understood.

Sorry but my fatigue is crazy sucking my energy this month and it's hard to think logical and putting stuff in order. I lost faith in the animal friendly standards long ago. Only using Aldi as an example but I think Superdrug qualifies. Their own brand stuff is animal friendly but sell brands that aren't, therefore their own brand stuff is OK but is funded by money coming from selling animal unfriendly stuff.

Hope you get the message. I'm off to horizontal world. Zzzzzzzzz

I know what you mean, PennyPitStop. I mentioned this before and said it is how far do you want to go. Boycott the whole brand because they are owned by a company who sell in China even if they don't etc. I remember when LE was sold to Avon, and it was oh, but that doesn't count as they make their own products, but I said but Avon still get profits.

Shocked to read this just now..
Thank you so much for putting this information on here. I have been using this skin tonic for years as I have troublesome skin at times due to psoriasis flare ups. I have never had a reaction from this and find it cooling and calming after cleansing.
I've just ordered a few of the original tonic from a reliable ebay seller at a good price so that will last until I find a good alternative later. Liz Earle as a brand is going to lose many faithfull customers if they continue to put profit over quality!

I find Simple toner is very good. I’ve been alternating between that and LE for a few years, and really can’t tell the difference. I get the Simple toner from Superdrug where it’s often buy one, get one free…..
I'll keep that in mind for the future when my LE tonics are used up

I make my own toner and have done for years. I buy organic floral waters (currently using lavender and rose) and add a capful or vegetable glycerine to a 250ml bottle I mix my toner in. I buy a litre of lavender water and a litre of rose water (see link below) and a small bottle of the glycerine and it lasts me a year. If you click on each floral water it will tell you which skin type it suits or which skin condition. The floral waters are left over and distilled when making essentials oils and nothing is added to them, they are totally pure and smell divine and don`t go "off". I buy the litre sizes of the water which are about a tenner each so for £20 plus the fiver for a 250ml bottle of the glycerine I get a full year of toner and know it`s chemical and additive free.

Latest posts

Back