Liz earle instant boost skin tonic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The LE skin tonic changed years ago. It was my favourite product then it just smelled different and I stopped buying it. The original was lovely, smelled of oranges but it was so obvious when they changed it.

CC

I know I've said this before, so at the risk you of boring you all again, here goes...

7 or 8 years ago, LE was pretty much the only brand I used, but after so many alterations in the products, the only item I still use is the shampoo. They did actually tinker with that as well a couple of years ago, but it still works for me at the moment so I'm happy to keep using it. I'm actually dreading the day they alter it again though as I know I'll struggle to find a suitable replacement so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it going to be a while yet before they go down that road.

It is a shame though that the brand I loved for such a long time is now barely recognisable.

But regarding the Skin Tonic, I noticed a change a few years ago (even the smell wasn't as nice), so I moved to another product and I just knew as soon as I saw the new bottles on Q that the contents had probably been changed as well, despite Caroline saying they hadn't. IIRC she said the same about Skin Repair a few months ago and the reviews for that are shocking now too.
This isn't a rule by any means (as I've not checked ingredients) but I love Beauty Pie Japanfusion Hydra Prep lotion. Their Jeju range is fab too although I can't find the mist any longer. Saying that maybe worth searching the Incidecoder website and search by ingredient. They have the old formula listed here, https://incidecoder.com/products/liz-earle-instant-boost-tm-skin-tonic so maybe you can research ingredients and come up with an alternative.

Oh no it’s my fave …. It’s the only one I use if any products for the same thing. I forgot to take it one year on holiday abs had to buy boots own at duty free in emergency … ugh I really missed it my skin noticed it for sure .. was relieved to get home when it was our time just to get it back … it was before boots sold it.
As always so much info on here thank you all xx I’ll keep trying it .. so far mine seems ok 👌🏼

Well, since LE is owned by Boots/Walgreen, blame them. Reformulated usually means cheaper ingredient with more profit. The reformulations started way back when Avon first bought them, C&P got rid of the almond milk well they said because of allergies and pushed in the cocoa butter which well known for clogging pores and also very, very cheap.

That is when I no longer bought C&P as I noticed it made my mild rosacea react.
That was when I stopped using it too. The range seems to have gone downhill from then

The new formula is only in the new bottle x
Oh no it’s my fave …. It’s the only one I use if any products for the same thing. I forgot to take it one year on holiday abs had to buy boots own at duty free in emergency … ugh I really missed it my skin noticed it for sure .. was relieved to get home when it was our time just to get it back … it was before boots sold it.
As always so much info on here thank you all xx I’ll keep trying it .. so far mine seems ok 👌🏼

Just tried it oh dear nothing like the old version. No smell as such and oddly enough its foamy. Definitely can't be used round the eyes. I have easily irritated eyes. I will see how it works with the Devine overnight regime.

its ok skin feels better this morning not so dry after using the Devine reset serum which is very drying and the Devine cream. Would I buy it again. No! but I will keep it.

I hope they don’t make any adjustments to the Eyebright as I religiously use that every morning 😊
They actually changed the formula of this from the original recentlyish (?) Duno when exactly,but it was mentioned to me.
I save £££ by using Optrex eye wash on pads. It doesn't 'remove light makeup' though. Dunno if th eyebright still does, either....

They actually changed the formula of this from the original recentlyish (?) Duno when exactly,but it was mentioned to me.
I save £££ by using Optrex eye wash on pads. It doesn't 'remove light makeup' though. Dunno if th eyebright still does, either....
I save £££s too. I wipe my eyes with a wet microfibre cloth. I don’t wear eye makeup though.

Yes I used to use Optrex, looks like I may be going back to it.

It may still be fine for you, although there ar e complaints....

curiously removed from th ereview pages on Q - unless I 'm not looking in the correct place (in the teapot?)
But it appears that the reviews have now been….. 🧐 you can see the toners but when you go into them… you can’t. There’s some bad reviews in the LE website too..

Latest posts

Back