Liz Earle TSV 28/02/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mr CC will use nowt but soap. I can just see his face if I gave him C&P :LOL: :LOL: He'd say "and when did I turn into a girl?" He's very old school. Wears a flat cap to walk the whippet, er mongrel.

I am finishing up gallons of Decleor micellar water before I move on to the Elemis micellar water. I really don't like cream or balm cleansers and I can't use wash off with water as my skin goes too tight.

CC
Hide the soap.

My Mr B listens to 'radio slippers' & uses phrases like 'very well'. He adores war films & goes 'ahhhhh' when he sits down. He is a pensioner in a younger mans body.
"RADIO SLIPPERS" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Spluttering on my scotch broth here. I can't stand radio slippers. Every time I get in the car, Mr CC (who is a pensioner) has changed the radio station. He's his mum and dad and my mum and dad rolled into one. He does the war films as well. I know all the words to Battle of Britain and Zulu.

CC

"RADIO SLIPPERS" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Spluttering on my scotch broth here. I can't stand radio slippers. Every time I get in the car, Mr CC (who is a pensioner) has changed the radio station. He's his mum and dad and my mum and dad rolled into one. He does the war films as well. I know all the words to Battle of Britain and Zulu.

CC
Indeed. Forget 'Netflicks & Chill' , more 'Radio 4 & snore'

I don't mind R4 with the cricket but God Almighty, Radio 2 is the worst. If I was 190 I would not listen to that. All these people phoning in to share their stories of their gall bladder operation with the world? I mean? I wish them no harm, I just don't want to hear about it.

Radio is going the way of everything else now. Don't get me started on women commentating on men's football 😖

CC

Me too. I can't bear them. It's because they have talc!!!!!!(eh?) in. Ditto the regular body cream. Smell lovely though.
You may like the hand serum (SS) though. Good reviews, but I wasn't overwhelmed. I am impatient though.
I will have to try it the hand serum. I have to say that the best hand cream I’ve ever used is the Bidy shops almond cuticle and hand butter. Wonderful stuff and fairly cheap.

I do love the LE body cream though...

CC
What is Radio Slippers? I listen to BBC Radio 4.

I don't mind R4 with the cricket but God Almighty, Radio 2 is the worst. If I was 190 I would not listen to that. All these people phoning in to share their stories of their gall bladder operation with the world? I mean? I wish them no harm, I just don't want to hear about it.

Radio is going the way of everything else now. Don't get me started on women commentating on men's football 😖

CC
Womans hour has become militant!

CC

I'm the world's biggest feminist (not really but I do believe we women get an unnecessarily harsher life than men and am quite vocal about it) but I loathe the way they've trotted out female presenters for football shows. It just doesn't work and annoys me as it is simply being done for political correctness. The BBC is really pissing me off by sticking unsuitable/unpopular women in suitable/popular men's seats.

I'm the world's biggest feminist (not really but I do believe we women get an unnecessarily harsher life than men and am quite vocal about it) but I loathe the way they've trotted out female presenters for football shows. It just doesn't work and annoys me as it is simply being done for political correctness. The BBC is really pissing me off by sticking unsuitable/unpopular women in suitable/popular men's seats.
Alter, I applaud you for saying exactly what I think. Can't stand Vicki Sparkes (sorry if spelling wrong) on men's football and the asian girl who squawks worse than Pipa Gordon. Sue Smith, however, on Sky's Soccer Specials is fine. If you are going to use women on men's sport, pick well. They have to know what they are talking about and not screech like seagulls.

CC

Womans hour has become militant!

I've never listened. I think I heard something about them discussing the toilet issue where men that 'feel like' a woman on certain days can waltz into women-only spaces.

When's it on? I do like a bit of militancy.

Alter, I applaud you for saying exactly what I think. Can't stand Vicki Sparkes (sorry if spelling wrong) on men's football and the asian girl who squawks worse than Pipa Gordon. Sue Smith, however, on Sky's Soccer Specials is fine. If you are going to use women on men's sport, pick well. They have to know what they are talking about and not screech like seagulls.

CC

I don't even like football but it's on a LOT in our house. I asked Mr AE what he thought and he's not fussed. He agrees some of them know their stuff but, as you say, he says the screech is very irritating. Having said that, there's one bloke on that gets up my nose the moment I hear him.

Last edited:
I've never listened. I think I heard something about them discussing the toilet issue where men that 'feel like' a woman on certain days can waltz into women-only spaces.

When's it on? I do like a bit of militancy.

I don't even like football but it's on a LOT in our house. I asked Mr AE what he thought and he's not fussed. He agrees some of them know their stuff but, as you say, he says the screech is very irritating. Having said that, there's one bloke on that gets up my nose the moment I hear him.

Daily , R slippers @10.00. They changed the presenters, so I'm particularly cross now. I expect you'll like the show.

I suppose the LE range is so much smaller than brands like Elemis, who seem to be constantly churning out new products, that what they can put in a tsv is limited to a certain point, a limited edition cleanser and the usual skin repair, c&p, toner etc will no doubt sum it up, I will wait for the superskin one I think unless this is really exciting
Elemis frequently have the new big thing in their TSVs which is great if you like trying new items, but do people carry on using that wonder product when it’s sold at full price? Maybe they wait for the next TSV with the next wonder product. If you use the Liz Earle range then the TSVs are pretty good value, though repetitive which some would classes boring. I suppose it’s just personal preference.

I had a survey from the BBC the other week and told them what I thought in no uncertain terms. They need to employ people who can do the job, if that’s a white straight man then fine and if it‘s a BAME lesbian that’s fine. However they seem to employ staff to tick some boxes re diversity rather than basing the decision on ability.

I had the same survey and ensured I gave them my honest opinion of them too, people should be employed on their ability to do the job not just to tick a few boxes or keep a few people happy
I have been going to football since the mid eighties and whilst I am only too happy to defend feminist issues, I really don't like all these female presenters that have suddenly become experts on the game particularly on the BBC, I agree it doesn't work and makes me want to turn off. I do wonder where it will all end

Sorry to disagree and this is only my opinion, but young girls need role models and to see more female presenters in sports. For too long women have been unrepresented in the sports where most money has gone and in reality one is football. Not enough money has been invested in women's football or girls encouraged to play.
As you said when a woman presents on football she really has to know her stuff, but I don't know why we expect women to know less than men about the sport or think they are only there to tick a box. I think maybe we could give them more of a chance and BTW I hate football. If we hadn't given women a chance in the past there would be no female doctors, university lecturers, scientists, prime ministers or even lawyers (women weren't allowed to be MPs, lawyers, accountants till 1919 as they were still considered chattels of men).
In couple of years we might not even notice and maybe women's football will be on TV as much as men's, and COVID will be a distant memory :)

Latest posts

Back